Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

View Poll Results: Who is the best DT in the AFCN?
Kelly Greg 0 0%
Casey Hampton 13 43.33%
Shaun Rogers 15 50.00%
other 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best DT

Who is the best DT in the AFCN?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're talking as a 4-3 DT, I'll take Shaun Rogers, but as a 3-4 NT, I'll take Casey Hampton. He does his job. Shaun Rogers doesn't, which is why he'll probably be kicking out to end while Athyba Rubin starts at the nose for the Browns this year

Watch out for Rubin... if he keeps developing like he has, he's gonna be really good

Last edited by wonderbredd24 : 06-09-2010 at 09:24 PM.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
If you're talking as a 4-3 DT, I'll take Shaun Rogers, but as a 3-4 NT, I'll take Casey Hampton. He does his job. Shaun Rogers doesn't, which is why he'll probably be kicking out to end while Athyba Rubin starts at the nose for the Browns this year
It's going to be a 3-4.

I voted Shaun Rogers. I take him over Hampton without much hesitation because he is much more disruptive and is more of an impact player. Hampton is still solid and does a good job at handling his man at the line of scrimmage but he has taken a little bit of a step back and isn't the impact player he was a few years ago. Rogers, is at times, one of the most dominant D-Lineman in the NFL.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for other as in Haloti Ngata... now LISTEN!

Though his natural and more dominating position is the 3-4 END I feel like he could still excel at the DT position.

With Hampton being an older guy he is past his prime but can still be effective in the Pittsburgh defense, and Rogers I must not see enough to know but the guy seems inconsistent...Gregg is also a great DT but past his prime.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
It's going to be a 3-4.

I voted Shaun Rogers. I take him over Hampton without much hesitation because he is much more disruptive and is more of an impact player. Hampton is still solid and does a good job at handling his man at the line of scrimmage but he has taken a little bit of a step back and isn't the impact player he was a few years ago. Rogers, is at times, one of the most dominant D-Lineman in the NFL.
Here's the problem with Shaun Rogers. On one play, he'll blow past the center and stuff a running play. On the next play, he'll swim past the center and the play will be going the other way and he's not taking up any blockers and our linebackers are suddenly trying to beat the center and guard and the defense is getting gashed.

That is just not all that useful in the 3-4 from your nose tackle, which is why he'll slide out to end and he can be the bull in the china shop and it won't hang out inside linebackers out to dry.

Hampton did take a step backward last year as illustrated by Mack owning him, but he is still a 325lb guy who on most given days forces the defense to block him with 2 guys allowing the linebackers to be protected and make plays.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I voted for other as in Haloti Ngata... now LISTEN!

Though his natural and more dominating position is the 3-4 END I feel like he could still excel at the DT position.

With Hampton being an older guy he is past his prime but can still be effective in the Pittsburgh defense, and Rogers I must not see enough to know but the guy seems inconsistent...Gregg is also a great DT but past his prime.
I don't doubt he could, but why would you want him to do that? He's athletic. Keep him at the end spot where he can use that athleticism as a pass rusher while holding the edge as a run defender. Almost like having a 2nd nose tackle at the end.

Unless your nose tackle sucks and Ngata is the best option, I'd keep him at end.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hampton, if pissed off enough, can be the best player on the defense at any play. I remember him getting a penalty called on him. The next two plays, he got a sack and a tackle for loss. Hampton takes up multiple blockers. He may not be as disruptive as Rogers, but I know Hampton will be a lot more motivated and will show up every play unlike Rogers.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Hampton, we should make Rogers an end. Ngata-Hampton-Rogers is unbeatable.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Here's the problem with Shaun Rogers. On one play, he'll blow past the center and stuff a running play. On the next play, he'll swim past the center and the play will be going the other way and he's not taking up any blockers and our linebackers are suddenly trying to beat the center and guard and the defense is getting gashed.

That is just not all that useful in the 3-4 from your nose tackle, which is why he'll slide out to end and he can be the bull in the china shop and it won't hang out inside linebackers out to dry.
Well, Rogers motor issues are a little overrated. Not to say they don't exist but they are definitely overplayed. I agree with you that don't necessarily want a NT who will pick a side going for a big play because it can put your LB's in a bad position. But on a D-Line with Haloti Ngata who is going to take up multiple blockers, you can have a NT who takes more risks.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Well, Rogers motor issues are a little overrated. Not to say they don't exist but they are definitely overplayed. I agree with you that don't necessarily want a NT who will pick a side going for a big play because it can put your LB's in a bad position. But on a D-Line with Haloti Ngata who is going to take up multiple blockers, you can have a NT who takes more risks. Hampton does a really good job at the line of scrimmage but really has presence on the other side of the line of scrimmage.
Right, which is why I'd make Rogers an end and have Rogers-Hampton-Ngata. And for pure passing downs, have Woodley-Rogers-Ngata-Suggs
Old 06-09-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I'd take Aaron Smith over Rogers any day of the week.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:58 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hampton...i dont really think its even close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Shaun Rogers. With Ngata at DE we don't really need a true 3-4 NT and I like Rogers' ability to be disruptive more than Hampton's ability to take up blockers. Either is a good choice though.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Bumping because we have a tie.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming Ngata is at the DE position I'll go with big baby Shaun Rogers.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn...while maybe id take rogers in a 43 as a penetrating DT over hampton, but hampton has been a premier NT since day one. he was better than rogers at texas and hes been a better pro ever since. rogers is too lazy to play as a true NT full time imo, he wont consistently take up blockers like hampton. hes not a bad player i just though casey would win this one....at least it was real close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote