Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is amazing I was really hoping he was gonna be the Ravens 2nd rd pick last year.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
He is amazing I was really hoping he was gonna be the Ravens 2nd rd pick last year.
i was really dissapointed when he was at UCLA. every time i watched a game i just wanted them to give him the ball more. he is an amazing back and i would kill to have him on the ravens. not a cool person but like a drifter or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Fred Taylor + Greg Jones + Maurice Jones-Drew>any other runningback platoon in the NFL.
i agree with that fully...health may be a concern, if all 3 can play full strength, but look out if so...greg jones=beastly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Fred Taylor + Greg Jones + Maurice Jones-Drew>any other runningback platoon in the NFL.
Quote for the damn truth and were screwed, the bowling ball gives me nightmares :(...............Two times a season......:(

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Taylor and Jones-Drew, because both of them are effectve RBs, where as Reggie Bush is not a great strait up RB. You have to create different ways to get the ball into his hands because he cant run between the tackles, and alot of the time he can get outside like everyone thought he would be able to.

I'd also take Thomas Jones and Leon Washington over Bush and McAllister but mainly because I think TJ is a great RB, and Washington is a very good compliment to him.

And dont get me wrong I think Deuce McAlister is awesome but Reggie Bush as a RB is overrated.
I'm with you all the way on that, good post.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
I'm with you all the way on that, good post.
Thank you smitty, but nobody likes a brown nose..........except me!!!! REP POINTS FOR YOU!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-14-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fred Taylor has always been a feature back. Maurice Drew will be a fantastic complementary back--- 15-20 carries a game, but he'll always have to complement or be complemented to excel. Though he could probably be the undisputed #1 RB in a West Coast offense like Philly's.

And Greg Jones is the closer. Ultimately, Drew and Jones will be a scary tandem. They complement each other so well.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
That's not really a tandem though. It's 90% Tomlinson, and Turner comes in when the game is over with in the 4th Quarter.
yeah, if you just look at stats that is true. however, turner was hobbled a bit with a nagging injury that limited his playing time. between the san francisco game(week 6) and the seattle game(week 16) he only had 28 carries. on the season he only had 80 carries for 502 yards to LT's 348 carries for 1,815 yards. So, LT wouldn't have had the year he had if Turner had recovered faster, but they both would have had comparable numbers i would assume. Regardless, it's still a travesty that they're not on that list over thomas jones and leon washington AT LEAST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I like Taylor and Jones-Drew, because both of them are effectve RBs, where as Reggie Bush is not a great strait up RB. You have to create different ways to get the ball into his hands because he cant run between the tackles, and alot of the time he can get outside like everyone thought he would be able to.

I'd also take Thomas Jones and Leon Washington over Bush and McAllister but mainly because I think TJ is a great RB, and Washington is a very good compliment to him.

And dont get me wrong I think Deuce McAlister is awesome but Reggie Bush as a RB is overrated.

Wow, I'm a Jets' fan and I wouldn't take TJ and Leon over Deuce and Reggie.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
Wow, I'm a Jets' fan and I wouldn't take TJ and Leon over Deuce and Reggie.
Well I would, because I believe Thomas Jones to be the most underrated RB in the NFL, and I believe Reggie Bush to be completely overrated as a RB.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-15-2007, 04:40 AM    (permalink
omecool20

The running back tandem is here as both runners are needed in different situations. I doubt that the bears would have lost the super bowl if benson was still in, or the colts winning with either addai / rhodes out. Add a blocking FB, and you really have a darn good running game.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that

Ladanian Tomlinson and Michael Turner

are missing..

I'd also probably go with Bennett and LJ over droughns/Jacobs...

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
The fact that

Ladanian Tomlinson and Michael Turner

are missing..

I'd also probably go with Bennett and LJ over droughns/Jacobs...
What don't people get about LT and Turner not being a tandem. Same is said for LJ. Anyone who gets that many carries is not part of a tandem.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That's kind of strange no LT or Burner.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I would, because I believe Thomas Jones to be the most underrated RB in the NFL, and I believe Reggie Bush to be completely overrated as a RB.
Deuce McAllister > Thomas Jones, but whatever.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What don't people get about LT and Turner not being a tandem. Same is said for LJ. Anyone who gets that many carries is not part of a tandem.
Because people don't read what's going on in the thread before they post.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
i'd take LT and Turner over all of those combos.
As would myself.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I think Julius and MBIII deserve to be on the list, but not as high as #4.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Deuce McAllister > Thomas Jones, but whatever.
I disagree with that, but whatever........

Old 03-15-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To each their own.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote