Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-11-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.

What are some possible moves to happen? Would any of the southern ACC teams go to the SEC? Like Clemson, GT or Miami?

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!
LetsGoGiants! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoGiants! View Post
What are some possible moves to happen? Would any of the southern ACC teams go to the SEC? Like Clemson, GT or Miami?
The SEC is going to respond at some point and it stands to reason they will go after either the Big East or ACC and the ACC makes more sense from a geographic standpoint and quality of football programs, whether it's Miami, Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, etc.

Texas A&M could be a possibility, but I'm not sure I see it... I think they are gonna end up in the PAC-10
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Seriously, where does Kansas go? The Mountain West???

Kansas' Basketball program is too good for the MWC... lol. The PAC10 doesn't seem interested and neither does the Big 10. The SEC makes no sense. Neither does the Big East or ACC.
I agree with you, but basketball is alot different from football. A team doesn't have to be in a major conference to win a title. Memphis was a Mario Chalmers miracle 3 pointer from being a National Champion in a terrible conference. The basketball schedule allows for alot of preseason tournaments and non-conference games agianst other top 25 teams to prove your value.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the best spot for Kansas is the SEC. Good for basketball and football. Kentucky is there. That seems to work.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think the best spot for Kansas is the SEC. Good for basketball and football. Kentucky is there. That seems to work.
It could work, especially if the SEC is interested in Missouri, however, I think the SEC wants football powers and would rather go after teams like Florida State, Miami, and Virginia Tech over the Jayhawks and Tigers.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is next for Missouri? It seems they were one of the 1st teams rumored to be moving out of the big 12. Either those were just false rumors or Mike Alden dragged his feet and missed out on an opportunity to help Missouri athletics.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
It could work, especially if the SEC is interested in Missouri, however, I think the SEC wants football powers and would rather go after teams like Florida State, Miami, and Virginia Tech over the Jayhawks and Tigers.
I am starting to think that UNC is either staying in the ACC if it can not let a bunch of teams go and don't go after teams etc.. The only move we could make is Big East? Correct?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this is crazy. I knew there was going to be some conference reshuffling but I didn't expect the changes to be this drastic. Oklahoma going to the Pac-10 is huge and its looking like Texas is about to follow. Too bad USC is going to on the down for the next few years because that would be some ridiculous competition on top of the conference.

Question....If the Pac-10 expands to 16 teams, will they have some sort of conference playoff or will they just have championship game to determine who will go to the Rose Bowl.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Championship game only probably. I guess the winner would go to BCS Championship game while the loser probably goes to Rose Bowl.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this reshuffling is awesome. Can't wait to see the new Pac 16. Should produce some epic games.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anybody else know who the MWC gave an invitation too? Or are they just adding Boise now?
Go Amare.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
What is next for Missouri? It seems they were one of the 1st teams rumored to be moving out of the big 12. Either those were just false rumors or Mike Alden dragged his feet and missed out on an opportunity to help Missouri athletics.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens but before all is said and done they will land on thier feet. There are two major markets in the state and half the sports journalist in the world seem to come from Mizzou. If that leads to the Big 10 in the future or somewhere else is hard to tell but I imagine when everyone decides to get to 16 teams things will fall into place for Mizzou and Kansas as well.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:17 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pac-10 prob ends adding, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Baylor but if they could somehow get Utah I think that would be a huge addition

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Pac-10 prob ends adding, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Baylor but if they could somehow get Utah I think that would be a huge addition
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....92f8114a.html

Quote:
If the Aggies cannot commit, the Pac-10 is prepared to invite Kansas with its great basketball tradition. While the Jayhawks are desperate to find a landing spot, they would have to leave in-state rival Kansas State, a political problem.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:53 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Does anybody else know who the MWC gave an invitation too? Or are they just adding Boise now?
The MWC is waiting to see where everyone lands. The only invitation they extended was to Boise State.

Also, The Big East is looking to be pro-active with conference realignment and are discussing the possibility of adding the five remaining Big XII schools (Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Missouri, and Baylor) along with possibly Memphis, UCF, and one more school being added to form a 16 team Big East.

http://news.collegesportsinfo.com/20...tive-this.html

At this point, I think the Big East will wait and see what the Big 10 and SEC decide to do before acting. If somehow Notre Dame decides not to move to the Big 10 and they instead grab 2 Big East schools and in turn the SEC raids the ACC and chooses three to four schools (Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Miami, Florida State) or three ACC schools and one Big East school (West Virginia) then there could be a possible consolidation of the Big East and ACC.

In the event that Florida State, Miami, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech go to the SEC and the Big Ten grabs Rutgers and Pittsburgh (all teams listed are being used just for the sake of argument) then the following Big Atlantic Conference would look as such:

North
Boston College
Cincinnati
Connecticut
Louisville
Maryland
Syracuse
West Virginia

South
Clemson
Duke
NC State
North Carolina
South Florida
Virginia
Wake Forest

Adding two of the three schools (East Carolina, Memphis, or UCF) would give the Big Atlantic a 16 team conference like the other Big 3 conferences have done.

This is just speculation on my part and something fun to talk about.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:33 AM    (permalink
XLIV
Rookie

XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Conference Expansion Explained in MS Paint

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...ux-in-MS-Paint
XLIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:11 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the sec might want to expand after all this, but I don't really see florida state and miami going there. they would basically be committing prestige suicide by going to that conference where they'd be like 4th, 5th, or 6th every year instead of being clearly the top 2 talented teams in the ACC.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLIV View Post
Conference Expansion Explained in MS Paint

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...ux-in-MS-Paint
I liked the depiction of Notre Dame.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:21 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
the sec might want to expand after all this, but I don't really see florida state and miami going there. they would basically be committing prestige suicide by going to that conference where they'd be like 4th, 5th, or 6th every year instead of being clearly the top 2 talented teams in the ACC.
Their prestige has taken a hit by the ACC becoming so mediocre in recent years anyway and even if they become dominant, it just won't carry the same weight.

When either programs gets going, they can be just as competitive as any other team in the SEC.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:22 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I'd think only Alabama,Florida, and LSU would clearly have more talent. Miami has the athletes and the rich recruiting base. I think they could compete in the SEC right now.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
I'd think only Alabama,Florida, and LSU would clearly have more talent. Miami has the athletes and the rich recruiting base. I think they could compete in the SEC right now.
It is a possibility but I don't see it... you are forgetting Georgia, UT, and Auburn had one of the best recruiting classes too. Miami still can recruit good but not as good as they used to.
Go Amare.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
It is a possibility but I don't see it... you are forgetting Georgia, UT, and Auburn had one of the best recruiting classes too. Miami still can recruit good but not as good as they used to.
That's just silly. There are always ebbs and flows in recruiting by schools. It wasn't that long ago that Florida was the weakest of the 3 Florida schools. Now it's on top. Miami will get back on top at some point as will Florida State. It's just how it goes. Typically, there are 2 good Florida schools at a time.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:52 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
That's just silly. There are always ebbs and flows in recruiting by schools. It wasn't that long ago that Florida was the weakest of the 3 Florida schools. Now it's on top. Miami will get back on top at some point as will Florida State. It's just how it goes. Typically, there are 2 good Florida schools at a time.
I mean I guess......................... but the majority of the recruits in Florida will be signing with UF if they keep winning championships, as well as LSU. Alot of them will be going to Bama to seeing as the Saban era here seems like it will be going on for at least another 3 years barring departure for the NFL or something. FSU and Miami will get recruits but I doubt you see them as a top class real soon.

:D
Go Amare.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:59 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
I mean I guess......................... but the majority of the recruits in Florida will be signing with UF if they keep winning championships, as well as LSU. Alot of them will be going to Bama to seeing as the Saban era here seems like it will be going on for at least another 3 years barring departure for the NFL or something. FSU and Miami will get recruits but I doubt you see them as a top class real soon.

:D
Obviously it remains to be seen what happens to the players, but FSU's class was ranked 6th by ESPN last year for whatever that's worth and this year's class is currently 6th ahead of Florida, which is 7th. Much can change, but Jimbo Fisher seems to be doing pretty well.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Championship game only probably. I guess the winner would go to BCS Championship game while the loser probably goes to Rose Bowl.
Not necessarily.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote