Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-16-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
So the Pac-10 seems set (for now) at 12.
The Big 10 seems set (for now) at 12.
Ditto for the SEC and ACC.
Will the Big 12 stay pat at their reformed 10 teams? Or are they looking to add 2 more as well? Does their new reported tv deal mesh with the idea of 2 more teams?
I don't think anything is set.....I think the players were tired of their game being played in the open forum.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There goes the MWC's chance for an automatic BCS bid. Utah's their best football program, and I can't see Boise State fulfilling that void.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
There goes the MWC's chance for an automatic BCS bid. Utah's their best football program, and I can't see Boise State fulfilling that void.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. This move really hurts the MWC and might ultimately lead to its downfall if conferences feel like they must expand to stay competitive.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, TCU didn't want Baylor in the Big 12 because TCU was excluded from the Big 12 during its formation, thanks to a ******* Baylor alum being governor. Maybe TCU will accept an invite to the Big 12?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Well, TCU didn't want Baylor in the Big 12 because TCU was excluded from the Big 12 during its formation, thanks to a ******* Baylor alum being governor. Maybe TCU will accept an invite to the Big 12?
Big ding-ding-ding winnah for Brent here, TCU staying in a Texas conference like he Big, uhhh, 11 (?) is entirely predictable as the easternmost member of the Mtn. West. And it wouldn't affect their recruiting at all, as they do the best recruiting of any private school in the region.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was thinking that as well. I think the time is right for the Big XII to expand back to 12 teams with potential candidates being TCU, BYU, Houston, and SMU.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-16-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And in a matter of weeks, MWC fans go from jubilation of undeniably being a BCS conference, to possible fear of being even more irrelevant than before.

I love college football.

I think TCU has to be one of the teams the Big 12 looks to take, with the other being Houston/SMU. Depending on how Texas feels, and whether or not they don't want any more Texas schools or want as much kept in Texas as possible.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UNT to the Big XII!!!!!!!!

RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
And in a matter of weeks, MWC fans go from jubilation of undeniably being a BCS conference, to possible fear of being even more irrelevant than before.

I love college football.

I think TCU has to be one of the teams the Big 12 looks to take, with the other being Houston/SMU. Depending on how Texas feels, and whether or not they don't want any more Texas schools or want as much kept in Texas as possible.
Adding TCU seems to be a no-brainer due to their academics and success in collegiate athletics which would give the Big XII five Texas schools. The addition of SMU or Houston might be too much, especially SMU which does not offer much in terms of athletics. Houston would be a good addition as would BYU.

In regards to the Mountain West... If TCU leaves, which I think now there is a good chance, then that would push them down to 8 teams with the possibility of going down to 7 depending on if BYU is extending an invite by the Big XII. If they go down to 7, I see them expanding and invited the best of the rest from the WAC/C-USA West. Teams like Fresno State, Nevada, Houston, SMU, Tulsa, UTEP and Rice. It would more than likely be in the best interest of the MWC to expand to 12 members if two members leave. If TCU or BYU leave the conference then the chances diminish entirely of the Mountain West becoming a BCS conference, if both leave then the conference loses almost all of its punch.

As it stands right now, the Mountain West will be weaker with Utah departing but there is still hope of obtaining a BCS bid. If the Big XII decides to make a move to expand (which they should, in my opinion), then TCU first and foremost is the best choice available. Just a week ago the Mountain West stood on the cusp of becoming the next BCS conference, now they face a very real possibility of having two to three of their best teams leave. If that does happen, and the MWC shrinks down to 7 teams, then their only hope is to become the most competitive non-BCS conference, which they are right now.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-16-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Dan Beebe said in today's Dallas Morning News that the Big XII will not look to expand and instead revert to the 9 conference game style of play.

Lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
UNT to the Big XII!!!!!!!!
This made me laugh, because I have been to Denton so many times and know so many people who go there. Those students dont give a **** about the football team.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Dan Beebe said in today's Dallas Morning News that the Big XII will not look to expand and instead revert to the 9 conference game style of play.

Lame.
This, along with the agreed upon arrangement by the new Big XII, will lead to its eventual downfall.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-16-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been saying all along I wanted to see TCU and Houston both in the Big XII, but unless you want them in the North which geographically has only had teams up North in it, you would have to realign to an East/West which is what I've wanted all along.

If you want to keep Texas/OU in the same division fine, but how about putting some talented teams on the other side? I still think it could be a big time conference if you put those two on seperate sides, East and West, because a potential championship game between the two could be epic. With the set up now you NEVER get to see that matchup which is pretty stupid considering how long Texas and OU have both had the top 2 teams in the Big XII. Yet we force a team from the North to play who for the most part has been the 3rd, or 4th, some years 5th best team in the entire conference, it's time for a shake up.

Then again if we want to go the route of the Big 10, keep 10 teams, with no conference championship I'm fine with that too. It's not like that game has ever helped anyone catapult in the standings to a NC game(from what I remember), it's only had chances of hurting teams. I still have nightmares from the game ******* Chris Simms blew a prime chance at a NC game vs the Buffs. So yea, nobody would be upset to see that go.

I'm all for bringing in TCU and Houston, just realign the damn division, the way it's set up now is just stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

TCU and Houston would be two great choices for the Big XII and I think the best choice for the future of the Big XII to survive as a conference is to expand back to 12 teams.

If those two schools are added you could do a Texas vs. The North alignment.

Texas
Baylor
Houston
Texas
Texas A&M
TCU
Texas Tech

North
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Missouri
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-16-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I still have nightmares from the game ******* Chris Simms blew a prime chance at a NC game vs the Buffs. So yea, nobody would be upset to see that go.
What? He didn't "blow" that game, UT got beat. When UT is giving up 39 points, they arent going to win a lot of games.

I look at 2003, when K-State beat OU to a pulp, and can't help but think that the championship game is awesome. Of course someone like Mac Brown says that it's unfortunate to see a team headed to the NC and then not get it because of their performance in the Big XII championship, because he's been a victim of that twice.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you could argue that uf got into the nc against osu over michigan because of the SEC conference championship game against arkansas.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Texas doesn't want to go to 12 teams. I think they'd much rather stick with 10 and eliminate the double jeopardy of a Championship game and since Texas has gotten everything it wants so far and then some, no reason to think it won't get this as well
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Then again if we want to go the route of the Big 10, keep 10 teams, with no conference championship I'm fine with that too. It's not like that game has ever helped anyone catapult in the standings to a NC game(from what I remember), it's only had chances of hurting teams. I still have nightmares from the game ******* Chris Simms blew a prime chance at a NC game vs the Buffs. So yea, nobody would be upset to see that go.
Did you really need to see him implode in the National Championship? No ******* way he was gonna lead them to a win.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:52 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
I think Texas doesn't want to go to 12 teams. I think they'd much rather stick with 10 and eliminate the double jeopardy of a Championship game and since Texas has gotten everything it wants so far and then some, no reason to think it won't get this as well
With the amount of money involved in the Big XII ChampionshiP? No way.

As to all those that are saying that The Big XII plays with 10, I say that they are serving up deniability, if needed. I expect TCU to get an invite, and possibly Air Force or BYU. Then the ranks would be

South:
UT
A&M
TT
Baylor
OU
TCU

North:
KU
KSU
ISU
Mizzou
OSU
USAFA or BYU

Oklahoma State gets stuck in the north to preserve the State Fair game.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
and possibly Air Force or BYU
AFA does not command the following they needed to be a sustainable member of the Big XII.

I really dont think they Big XII expands for the foreseeable future. In the end, UT got what they wanted and the rest of the league laid down for them. It's pretty upsetting to me. **** Bill Byrne.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
AFA does not command the following they needed to be a sustainable member of the Big XII.

I really dont think they Big XII expands for the foreseeable future. In the end, UT got what they wanted and the rest of the league laid down for them. It's pretty upsetting to me. **** Bill Byrne.
I do expect them to offer for TCU.

As to the rest, I cannot argue with that.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Utes to Pac-10 is a done deal?
Old 06-17-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
So, Utes to Pac-10 is a done deal?
why would they turn down that invite?

Old 06-17-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

Quote:
why would they turn down that invite?
I know they wouldn't be crazy enough to decline, but I'm asking if this is official.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Yes, Utah to the Pac10 is official.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5298238

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-17-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
TCU and Houston would be two great choices for the Big XII and I think the best choice for the future of the Big XII to survive as a conference is to expand back to 12 teams.

If those two schools are added you could do a Texas vs. The North alignment.

Texas
Baylor
Houston
Texas
Texas A&M
TCU
Texas Tech

North
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Missouri
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State

I would really really like this idea, I've never seen it broken down that way, probably won't happen but I'd be very much in favor of this. Would get to see some epic Big XII championship matches, and TCU & Houston have been getting better and better as of recent. Going to a bigger conference would help their recruiting out.

Quote:
What? He didn't "blow" that game, UT got beat. When UT is giving up 39 points, they arent going to win a lot of games.

I look at 2003, when K-State beat OU to a pulp, and can't help but think that the championship game is awesome. Of course someone like Mac Brown says that it's unfortunate to see a team headed to the NC and then not get it because of their performance in the Big XII championship, because he's been a victim of that twice.

Lol, did you watch or remember that game? Simms played like a tool, there was a reason Major Applewhite had to come in and relief him, and there was a reason that once that happened we started putting together a fierce comeback. Alot of those points were a direct result of Simms incompetence, it was a pathetic performance if I've ever seen one. Of course it wasn't an elite defense that could keep us in games, but Simms was giving up TD's and giving them the ball in their territory the entire time he was in the game.

Now as far as the game screwing people over, yea it's happened to Texas more obviously so of course Mack feels that way, can't blame him. My point is that, how often has the Big XII championship catapulted a Big XII team into the NC game when they were on the outside looking in before? I know it's happened in the SEC and such, but I don't remember too many instances in this conference, if they are out there I'd truly love to know, not to say it's never happened I just don't remember it.

So yea, I can see why there fun to have due to upsets, but the big schools who run conferences would always vote to not have them, and smaller underdog schools would always want them, that's no secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Did you really need to see him implode in the National Championship? No ******* way he was gonna lead them to a win.

True, but I would of had more pride about an ass whooping in the NC, losing to the ******* Buffs hurt like no other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote