Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-12-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
I'm looking forward to The Open at St.Andrews. I don't like seeing golfers finish a major tournament at -16 or some insane number like that. I love The Open when the winner is not even always under par, where one single error on one hole can destroy your tournament, but where you're never really out of the race even if you're 8 strokes back in the fourth round.
Amen. I love the history of the Masters but I prefer majors to be in the even to -5 range where playing under par at all puts you in the running to win.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, last year's Open was so great... I just wish Watson had parred that 72nd hole!
Damn... he hit a perfect approach shot, just had one club too much.

Mickelson, 20 years ago, this is cool to read now: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...rcrc&eref=sisf
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:53 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rory's 62 yesterday was hands down one of the best rounds of golf I have seen in the past 10 years. The future of golf is here.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:04 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It might just be. Tiger was 21 when he won his first major, just sayin'. The Open Championship is at St. Andrews this year; that would be one helluva story if he pulled off the feat. Anything is possible with this kid's talent, much like what was said about Tiger during his beginnings.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rory plus Ryo's 58 made it a great day for the youth of golf on Sunday

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rory is my new favorite golfer because he's Irish.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally broke 100 yesterday. It was a really easy course, but it was a 94. I'll take it.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:51 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

nice work. i love breaking milestones because it just pushes you towards the next milestone. 94 is low enough that youll be striving to break 90 by the end of the summer.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:13 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
nice work. i love breaking milestones because it just pushes you towards the next milestone. 94 is low enough that youll be striving to break 90 by the end of the summer.
Oh, definitely. Best way to get better and shave off strokes is by improving your putting. I think all great golfers know that, but I'm starting to see it for myself as a young golfer; it's the most difficult part of the game for a good reason because of the proficiency that's required at all times, and the same goes for anything under 100 yards, as I see it.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks, I hope you're right. I don't have the time it would take to be a single digit capper anytime soon, but it would be nice to get out of the 30s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Oh, definitely. Best way to get better and shave off strokes is by improving your putting. I think all great golfers know that, but I'm starting to see it for myself as a young golfer; it's the most difficult part of the game for a good reason because of the proficiency that's required at all times, and the same goes for anything under 100 yards, as I see it.
My putting and short game was a big part of it. I was reading putts a lot better and my pitching and bump-and-run shots were more consistent. I wish I could say it's hard work paying off but honestly I haven't been practicing the short game that much.

I didn't hit many "great" shots, I just minimized my blow-up holes. In a normal round I will usually have a few holes where I hit a few out of bounds ( or pitch over the green, or 3 putt from 10 feet, or shank the ball 10 yards...) and rack up 10+ strokes. This time I just kept the ball in play and hit more consistently.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-05-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Couldnt be more true but with that said I think putting more than any other part of golf is a natural god given talent. You can take lessons to improve your grip, your swing, your drive, your iron play, your chipping, etc. but at the end of the day reading putts and gauging speed is all mental and you either know it or you dont a lot of the time.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Couldnt be more true but with that said I think putting more than any other part of golf is a natural god given talent. You can take lessons to improve your grip, your swing, your drive, your iron play, your chipping, etc. but at the end of the day reading putts and gauging speed is all mental and you either know it or you dont a lot of the time.
If I am anything I'm a "feel" putter. I don't have a mechanical stroke with certain positions that I have to hit. When I try that stuff I can't settle down and I just get worse. I do my best putting if I can just relax, think about it for a second, and take a smooth stroke.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-05-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My goal by the end of the summer is play slightly better than bogey golf. I shot 89 last week, which was slightly worse than I want to play.

Anyone got any tips for hitting straight drives? I can hit my 3 iron 220, but I'd like to hit straight drives

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
My goal by the end of the summer is play slightly better than bogey golf. I shot 89 last week, which was slightly worse than I want to play.

Anyone got any tips for hitting straight drives? I can hit my 3 iron 220, but I'd like to hit straight drives
I am not good enough to help you out there, but it might help someone who can to know what your problem is. Do you hook or slice your drive? Does the ball go semi-straight and then hook/slice really hard, or does it hook/slice immediately?

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-05-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I am not good enough to help you out there, but it might help someone who can to know what your problem is. Do you hook or slice your drive? Does the ball go semi-straight and then hook/slice really hard, or does it hook/slice immediately?
I'm a righty and it goes hard right (slice I think?) as soon as I hit. The stupid thing is I can hit it pretty straight at the range. I just can't put it together where it counts

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I've been practicing hard at a local driving range as of late and one of the instructors there kept telling me to not fall back [slightly] following my stroke. Also, it'd be a good idea to distribute most of the power behind your swing through your body core/hips as opposed to your hands/arms. Last tip I could give you is to try to settle for a compact swing.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm a righty and it goes hard right (slice I think?) as soon as I hit. The stupid thing is I can hit it pretty straight at the range. I just can't put it together where it counts
I have the same shot. If I try to swing out of my shoes it slices to the right. There are a ton of tips out there for fixing a slice as it is one of the most common problems people face. I haven't found the one that fixes my drive consistently, though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-05-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was say make sure you're getting your hands through. I'm guessing that your hips are coming through but your hands are just a tad behind and out of sync with your hips causing the club face to stay open and slice.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

a couple things i always try to think before i swing my drive (used to have a wicked slice now just a slight fade thats very playable):

tuck the right leg back a bit but keep toes facing target (its almost as if your aiming right, helps me overcompensate and come over the ball)
right hand V of thumb and forefinger pointing at or just over right shoulder
stop at the top (half second or so)
slow swing, head down through impact, hands through impact
Old 05-10-2010, 07:40 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I miss the old Tiger :/
Old 05-10-2010, 07:45 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

i hear you 619. i really do think hell be back to old form just not necessarily as quickly as people originally expected. At least I really hope he will be. He set unreal expectations when he came back at the Masters and finished 4th. I dont find myself pulling for him as much as I used to although he is still one of my favorites but no one can deny how much better the game of golf is when hes near the top of the leaderboard.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:29 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to take up golf, it's the only sport that I can play anymore haha.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

funny "slip" of the tongue...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_569792.html
Old 05-10-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Golf broadcasters seem to have trouble with innuendos like that more than in other sports.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-17-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pebble Beach is a marvelous course. U.S Open will be fun.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote