Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-17-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where does the idea that Tiger Woods is a good putter come from? He's always so terrible on short putts.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Where does the idea that Tiger Woods is a good putter come from? He's always so terrible on short putts.
Disagree. He has had some seriously epic crunch time putts. He has not been a good putter lately, but we know why.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tiger has made more clutch putts than anyone since Nicklaus for sure, and maybe a higher % than Jack.
I can remember US Open putts nobody else would make (ask Rocco Mediate).
I can remember clutch PGA Championship playoff putts nobody else would make (ask Bob May, if you can find him).
I can remember Ryder Cup putts, although he's been crappy in that event and I think our team plays better without him.
I can remember some unbelievable clutch putts in the President's Cup (ask Ernie Els).

And tons of them at the Masters in his wins there.

Now let me make this clear though so you don't think I am a Tiger fan or anything. I root against him always except in USA vs competitions. I love Mickeleson, can't stand Tiger. But if there is a putt that has to be made, I'd want him to take it, nobody else.

Mickelson chokes a lot of short putts that make me say bad words.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Rory's 62 yesterday was hands down one of the best rounds of golf I have seen in the past 10 years. The future of golf is here.
Meanwhile, here at the US Open, Rory Mac blows up and goes away quietly missing the cut, while his younger playing partner Ryo Ishikawa is tied for 2nd place and their old playing partner Tom Watson makes the cut.

Rory has tons of talent, but so does the youngster Ishikawa from Japan.
The other great young talent that's missing is Danny Lee. I thought he would develop into a star as early as these 2.

Nice job by the USGA making that one par 5 into 8's and 9's from great golfers like Zach Johnson, Ian Poulter, YE Yang, and Paul Casey.

Also, nice work by the USGA not letting Rickie Fowler into the event.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dustin Johnson hit a 3 iron from 273 out and it ran to the back of the green and off....unreal!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tiger is on the prowl!!!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 09:09 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Damn Mickelson was terrible again Saturday. He's such a Jekyl & Hyde.
Was bad Thursday.
Was great Friday.
Was bad Saturday.

The problem is Dustin Johnson is too far in front of him, plus Tiger and McDowell. Mickelson has put himself in a position now that he can't win. Even if he goes low like round 2, and fires a 66 as Tiger did yesterday, he won't win because someone of DJ, McDowell, or Woods will surely keep their lead on Phil.

I'm rooting for the bomber Dusin Johnson. He's a superstar in the making, he reminds me of Steven Strasburg. Ernie winning would be fine.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I wouldn't consider Dustin too far in front of Phil given that it is a US Open; the seven strokes can be made up. The biggest hurdle is going to be Tiger because he has started to get back that swagger and I think we're going to see something special from him today. Here's my predictions for today

Tiger Woods -5 67
Dustin Johnson -4 73
Phil Mickelson -1 69
Ernie Els E 70
Graeme McDowell E 74

I don't see anyone going really low but I don't think anyone completely falls apart either.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Dustin is starting to crumble....ouch!!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

congrats to Graahememehem (sp.)
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst possible result for golf? No name Euro winning the US Open?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Worst possible result for golf? No name Euro winning the US Open?
McDowell wasn't a no name coming into this tourney and had actually done pretty well recently in majors. Havret would've been the potential no name that would've been a huge surprise

Old 06-21-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is pretty short sighted. He's always been an amazing putter and you don't win 14 majors by just hitting long drives and powering iron shots.

Tiger couldn't put together another solid round for the final round, but that course was amazingly tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
This is pretty short sighted. He's always been an amazing putter and you don't win 14 majors by just hitting long drives and powering iron shots.

Tiger couldn't put together another solid round for the final round, but that course was amazingly tough.
It just seems like every time I watch it he fails at short putting. He's pretty damn good when it comes to long putts, though, I wouldn't even argue it. But his putting from around 5 feet has always been kinda weak when I've watched it. Then again I'm not that much of a huge golf fan and it could just be coincidental that I've mostly caught him looking not that good.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:32 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

British Open coming up soon! Tiger might make the switch to a Nike putter.

edit: It's official. After years of using a Titleist Scotty Cameron putter, Tiger will complete his Nike bag and use a custom Method putter for the British Open.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 07-13-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
British Open coming up soon! Tiger might make the switch to a Nike putter.

edit: It's official. After years of using a Titleist Scotty Cameron putter, Tiger will complete his Nike bag and use a custom Method putter for the British Open.
yea sounds though like he plans for it to be temporary. something about the slower greens. we'll see. either way nikes bout to make some cash on this.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
yea sounds though like he plans for it to be temporary. something about the slower greens. we'll see. either way nikes bout to make some cash on this.
Imagine if he wins in dramatic fashion after sinking like a 30 footer.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-13-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bubba Watson!
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pretty much hate golf but I rented Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 for the Wii and freaking love it, played it so much I was hurting the next day. :)
Old 07-14-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Prediction(s) for the Open Championship

Winner :: Martin Kaymer
Runner-up :: Chris Wood

Old 07-14-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

I'll be pulling for Ernie Els, like always.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
I'll be pulling for Ernie Els, like always.
We has muchn common. He is my fav golfer. EVER.
Quote:
Old 07-14-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Nobody comes even near to the beauty of his stroke. I jizz plenty everytime he swings his club around.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:28 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Im a big fan of Ernie's. As for the Open i'd say he's back

Winner-Tiger Woods
Runner Up-Ian Poulter

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:55 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Daly is 7- after 11. Some start

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote