Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Ronnie23

Default Aaron Rodgers / Picks Vs Randy Moss / Courtney Anderson

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pat...ticleid=188664

Could Be Anounced Soon...

Sorry to Make another Topic for this !
Old 03-15-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, this source is a little odd...

If true, this deal works very nicely for the Raiders. They get a solid QB who has learned for 2 years under Brett Favre. They also lose Moss's poor chemistry. My guess is that the Raiders will take Calvin Johnson #1. He will take Moss's place, and then some.

The Packers are now in the market for a QB of the future and a RB. Their WR and TE problems are kind of fixed, but then what?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why even bother putting Anderson in the trade, he is terrible. I'd be a happy Raiders fan if that happened though, just getting Moss out would make me happy actually.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this is true, that means Oakland will not take a QB with the 1st. That means that either Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas is the 1st pick in the draft.

I think it would be a mistake for Oakland to do this. Im not a believer in Aaron Rodgers, although I readily admit its far too early to write him off.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, with Kiffin there, he knows what Rodgers is all about. He coached against him for several years at USC. I think they're going off that scouting report, plus the benefit in the locker room when Moss is gone...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-15-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Russell, just trade Moss for a 3rd and get it over with
Old 03-15-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It makes sense for both sides.

I must say though, as it pertains to Ted Thompson, I would be shocked that he would ship out "his guy" and risk the long term stability of the franchise for a one, maybe two year shot at making some noise in the playoffs. They either really are not sold on Rogers (which is odd since they drafted him) or they are really feeling the pressure to do something for Lord Favre in his last season or two.

Either way, I wouldn't love shipping off your QB of the future, but it does make them a better team in the short run at a time when the Bears could potentially be vulnerable.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

I must say though, as it pertains to Ted Thompson, I would be shocked that he would ship out "his guy" and risk the long term stability of the franchise for a one, maybe two year shot at making some noise in the playoffs. They either really are not sold on Rogers (which is odd since they drafted him) or they are really feeling the pressure to do something for Lord Favre in his last season or two.

Either way, I wouldn't love shipping off your QB of the future, but it does make them a better team in the short run at a time when the Bears could potentially be vulnerable.
Well there have been rumors of the organization not being high on Rodgers since before the draft last year, but it was assumed that they were just a smokescreen.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I think trading for Aaron Rodgers and passing on JaMarcus Russell would be the biggest mistake the Raiders could possibly make. I might be in the minority on that one, but I'd try and trade Moss for a draft pick straight up.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Obviously, Lane Kiffin thinks he knows something about Rodgers, so he's making the move. He can still take Russell or Quinn, but that seems unlikely now. I would obviously prefer it (as an NFL fan) if the Raiders didn't tank this season...

Old 03-15-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't like this trade, we should try to get Moss or a 2nd or 3rd. It feels safer taking JR.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the raiders are making a terrible mistake if they get a-rod. Any packer fan knows hes not a starting qb in this league. Just go back and look at what hes done in his short playing time. Granted its not much to judge from but god did he look terrible. Its a proven fact that "tedford system qb's" dont make it in the nfl. What makes a-rod any different? As a packer fan I would love to see the deal done. Why? because we all know a-rod is not the longterm answer for the pack. Yes we wasted a first round pick on him but sometimes you have to take a loss and move on.
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
I think the raiders are making a terrible mistake if they get a-rod. Any packer fan knows hes not a starting qb in this league. Just go back and look at what hes done in his short playing time. Granted its not much to judge from but god did he look terrible. Its a proven fact that "tedford system qb's" dont make it in the nfl. What makes a-rod any different? As a packer fan I would love to see the deal done. Why? because we all know a-rod is not the longterm answer for the pack. Yes we wasted a first round pick on him but sometimes you have to take a loss and move on.
Any Packer fan would know this.

Aaron Rodgers has never started a game. So I'm not quite sure were you get "terribe" from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Bradentonian
Rookie

Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Remember that Kiffen has a lot of college experience with Walter. It's possible that he thinks Walter can be the guy with some competition from Rodgers. This would free them to take CJ, who could be a great "security blanket" for Walter's development. The key to all this working is the OL, of course, as Watler's limited mobility is a hindrance if he can't get any time to throw.
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Well, this source is a little odd...

If true, this deal works very nicely for the Raiders. They get a solid QB who has learned for 2 years under Brett Favre. They also lose Moss's poor chemistry. My guess is that the Raiders will take Calvin Johnson #1. He will take Moss's place, and then some.

The Packers are now in the market for a QB of the future and a RB. Their WR and TE problems are kind of fixed, but then what?
i don't think you want any qb learning under favre. Sure he is great but it's his own personal style, he's reckless and will take chance most qb's dont want. It works for him but wouldn't work teaching it to an understudy.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love this trade, it would bring Russell to Cleveland and fix us. :)
Old 03-15-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

alex smith

Last edited by #1chiefs_fan : 03-15-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1chiefs_fan View Post
alex smith was a system qb at utah and look what he did for the 9ers last year.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope the packers get rid of rodgers, and then he whoops their ass on another team.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
Any Packer fan would know this.

Aaron Rodgers has never started a game. So I'm not quite sure were you get "terribe" from.
He had his ups and downs, I certainly wouldn't say everything he did has been terrible. The fact of the matter is that he's hardly had a chance to do anything, so it's too early for anybody to be sure about anything.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.../70315079/1989

Quote:
Harlan: Trade for Moss isn't close to happening
By Rob Demovsky
rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.com

Bob Harlan, the Green Bay Packers’ chairman and CEO, said this morning it seemed unlikely that a trade to acquire receiver Randy Moss from Oakland was imminent.

Reached in his office, Harlan said he had not heard a Boston Herald report that quoted “a Wisconsin source” as saying the Packers and Raiders are on the verge of announcing a trade that would send Moss to the Packers for backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Harlan said he has not spoken with General Manager Ted Thompson since he left for a scouting trip on Tuesday afternoon.

“If (a trade) was that close, (Thompson) would have called us by now,” Harlan said.

Thompson presented his monthly report to the Packers’ board of directors during its regular meeting on Tuesday morning and then left town. He is not scheduled to return until Friday night.

The subject of Moss came up during Tuesday’s meeting, but Thompson didn’t indicate a deal was about to be made.

“No, not at all,” Harlan said. “And he would have told that group if it was that close.”

Thompson was not immediately available for comment.

The trade, according to the Herald’s source, would send Rodgers and a seventh-round draft pick in 2008 to the Raiders for Moss, tight end Courtney Anderson and a conditional 2009 draft pick that would depend on how well Rodgers played for the Raiders in 2007 and 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that they continually talk about it publically all but assures that it will happen eventually barring any snags.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1chiefs_fan View Post
alex smith was a system qb at utah and look what he did for the 9ers last year.
He had an average season at best and now his qb coach is gone. Not to mention hes not a product of the tedford system.

Trent Dilfer
David Carr
Joey Harrington
Kyle Boller
Akili Smith

I thinks that pretty much sums it up!
Old 03-15-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Outgoing Packers CEO Bob Harlan, who has been more talkative than ever over the past few days, tells the Green Bay Press-Gazette that a deal for Raiders receiver Randy Moss is not close to happening.

Harlan bases his assessment on the fact that G.M. Ted Thompson left on Tuesday for a scouting trip, and has not phoned in to tell Harlan that a deal was close.

“If [a trade] was that close, [Thompson] would have called us by now,” Harlan said.

Of course, given that Harlan has been flapping his lips about the Moss situation for most of the past week, maybe the close-vested Thompson realized that giving Harlan a head's up was the equivalent of shouting the news from the middle of Times Square with a megaphone.

And the fact that Harlan didn't say something like, "I have no idea what you're talking about" or "We have no interest in Randy Moss" or "Randy Moss will be doing the Lambeau Leap over my dead body" tells us that something is going on -- and that at this point it's more likely a matter not of "if" but "when."
Old 03-15-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Only someone with Grossman would consider Rodgers 'a QB of the future'. I'll be watching for when you remove my post from your signature. That's gonna happen. With or without Moss.

Got some news for you. Rodgers isn't the 1st backup QB shipped out for picks/players.

Brunell - was better than Rodgers
Hasslebeck - is better than Rodgers ever could imagine to be.
Brooks
Nall

When you can ship out a mediocre QB for something and replace him in the draft, it's a good idea. Now I can understand why the Bears fans wouldn't understand becasue they've had about 50 different sucky QB's since Favre took snap #1 in Green Bay.

Agree totally on your last line. You are starting to see the cracks in that fragile Bears team. At the same time the Pack grows stronger. I called it and you posted it in your signature. Classic.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to say it but I told you so :)