Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-20-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

try going ketotonic if that would suit your lifestyle. A lot of my friends that fight find they HAVE to go keto in order to make weight and lose those few extra lbs. I assure you, if u stick to a strict keto diet for a month, you will drop serious weight.....the key is slowly adding back carbs (and good ones) or you will gain it back.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've thought about that before but being in an Italian family it's pretty hard to avoid carbs so I've generally tried to stay away from that, but I am getting pretty desperate haha. If I did try that would I have to avoid carbs every single day without fail or would I be able to have pasta like once a week? Also most of the weightloss foods I currently eat contain pasta anyway and I eat a lot of fruit too so I'd definitely have to completely revamp my diet but I'm definitely down to try it if it's the best way.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, no don't avoid carbs thats a big no no. Avoid bad carbs like sugar, white bread, white rice, empty fillers, pasta.

You want complex carbs, so whole grain bread, sweet potato, brown rice are carbs you want, lean meat, fruits, veggies.

Since your trying to loose fat, cut out dairy or if you want to dairy go with fat free. Also cut out red meat and watch the lbs come off, also limit fast food to 1 time a week or none at all.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I've been reading up on it and I don't think I want to cut out carbs completely. Really I already do most of that stuff but I think my one downfall might be the frozen weight loss dinners I get (mostly pasta-based) that are loaded with carbs. So apples, bananas, strawberries etc. are good? I know they have a lot of sugar but I've been trying to lose weight by purely eating as little fat as possible so I always thought it was fine.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Yeah, I've been reading up on it and I don't think I want to cut out carbs completely. Really I already do most of that stuff but I think my one downfall might be the frozen weight loss dinners I get (mostly pasta-based) that are loaded with carbs. So apples, bananas, strawberries etc. are good? I know they have a lot of sugar but I've been trying to lose weight by purely eating as little fat as possible so I always thought it was fine.
Having healthy fats with each meal worked well for me. Then again, I also cut out carbs from 4pm and on.
http://scivation.com/books/
Check out their Lifestyle Cut book. It gives a lot of pointers on how to narrow down your diet.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, I'm 5'9" and about 187 lbs. Now, I am not fat, in fact, I'm pretty bulked up. That's the problem. I have been hitting weights, along with riding my bike, to the point that I've put on a lot of mass, more than I'd like.

I'd like to lose mass but without giving up lifting, any suggestions? The only thing I could think to do was use less weight and increase reps. I'd like to move to a cardio-based lifting routine. I just want ideas on lifts I can do.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Right now, I'm 5'9" and about 187 lbs. Now, I am not fat, in fact, I'm pretty bulked up. That's the problem. I have been hitting weights, along with riding my bike, to the point that I've put on a lot of mass, more than I'd like.

I'd like to lose mass but without giving up lifting, any suggestions? The only thing I could think to do was use less weight and increase reps. I'd like to move to a cardio-based lifting routine. I just want ideas on lifts I can do.
circuit training for sure, you'll have to move down in weight, it cardio and time based and you won't bulk up.

Also complexes won't bulk you up, ploy-metric weight workouts. Taking light weights and jumping around the gym or in 1 spot.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you are doing a true keto diet, its pretty much 0 carb with no wiggle room. You must be under 20 g carbs per day for it to work. You can eat pretty much unlimited bacon, steak, other fatty meats, cheese and eggs tho. It worked for me when I needed to make weight and works for all the fighters I know. A lot of them just stick to it full time (altho they keep carbs at around 35 or 40 when they arent cutting) and all of their tests are fine (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.) despite like 2 lbs of fatty meat, 1/2 lb. of cheese and at least 12 eggs a day.

Brent, your lifts shouldnt really change. Any good weight lifting plan, for any goals, will include bench, squat, and deadlift. Keep doing them and do them heavy (if you didn't do them, probably incorporate them). If you want to get smaller, just eat less and do cardio (if you want a cardio weight lifting routine, try complexes......I introduced the forum members here to them a while ago and everyone seems to love them). You dont have sacrifice all the strength gains you have made in cutting a little bulk as long as you keep lifting heavy....you wont get bigger just through lifting, the food intake has to be there for you to grow. Cut out some calories, step up the cardio, keep lifting heavy and you have a good chance to lose some weight while keeping most of the strength you have gained.

Last edited by Rob S : 06-21-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

I realized some of the stuff I was eating that was low in calories and fat had like 300 g of carbs in them alone, so I'm thinking about cutting down to about 80 g of carbs a day, but still eating pretty healthy. Cut out all the pasta for chicken, salmon, steak, etc. If that doesn't work out I will probably try a straight keto diet.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I realized some of the stuff I was eating that was low in calories and fat had like 300 g of carbs in them alone, so I'm thinking about cutting down to about 80 g of carbs a day, but still eating pretty healthy. Cut out all the pasta for chicken, salmon, steak, etc. If that doesn't work out I will probably try a straight keto diet.
Yeah, you can try reducing first. It may not work tho depending on your body type. If you do decided to go keto, I have done it a number of times so just ask me for some advice and I will be happy to help.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Yeah, you can try reducing first. It may not work tho depending on your body type. If you do decided to go keto, I have done it a number of times so just ask me for some advice and I will be happy to help.
Will do, thanks man.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Box squats = rape to hamstrings and butt.

I tried them today because it focuses on the posterior chain, also because its impossible to cheat on them and I always end up cheating a little with regular squats. They will really work your ass
Old 07-05-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you are doing a true keto diet, its pretty much 0 carb with no wiggle room. You must be under 20 g carbs per day for it to work. You can eat pretty much unlimited bacon, steak, other fatty meats, cheese and eggs tho. It worked for me when I needed to make weight and works for all the fighters I know. A lot of them just stick to it full time (altho they keep carbs at around 35 or 40 when they arent cutting) and all of their tests are fine (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.) despite like 2 lbs of fatty meat, 1/2 lb. of cheese and at least 12 eggs a day.
I have to admit, upon reading up on the keto diet, that sounds crazy. I've been told about cutting carbs to force the body to burn fat. I guess I'll try it.

Quote:
Brent, your lifts shouldnt really change. Any good weight lifting plan, for any goals, will include bench, squat, and deadlift. Keep doing them and do them heavy (if you didn't do them, probably incorporate them). If you want to get smaller, just eat less and do cardio (if you want a cardio weight lifting routine, try complexes......I introduced the forum members here to them a while ago and everyone seems to love them). You dont have sacrifice all the strength gains you have made in cutting a little bulk as long as you keep lifting heavy....you wont get bigger just through lifting, the food intake has to be there for you to grow. Cut out some calories, step up the cardio, keep lifting heavy and you have a good chance to lose some weight while keeping most of the strength you have gained.
1) what are complexes? (those sound really familiar)
2) and, really, burning fat isnt something I need, I can't cut much more without it being either water weight or muscle mass. Are you saying that the lower carb intake will begin to reduce my muscle mass?

Old 07-05-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been getting into squat jumps using a pool. I've been doing anywhere from 160-200 jumps. Water dumbbells also make it a lot harder to get a good jump (80-100 reps with 80-100 without WD). Good for your balance too.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lately I've cut soda from diet, cereal and sweets too and i've seen a huge change in how my body is functioning. I've cut 10 pounds and i look extremely cut. Toast with peanut butter has been my breakfast before workouts and eggs after and i'm loving the results.
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've made a few changes in my diet, but I still eat like a horse and eat good as well. But with this 'get cut' workout I have going (5/7 days a week), I'm getting very good results. Basically my 'diet' is:

- No/ very little dairy (Almond Milk as a substitute for skim)
- Snacks are 90% fruits (blueberries, grapes, bananas) and sandwich meats (roast beef, ham, turkey). Also eggs (2 egg whites, 2 large eggs)
- Multi-grain carbs in the morning, white bread is allowed after a workout, little carbs past mid-day
- Shake for breakfast and after workout (1 scoop of protein breakfast, 23g, 2 scoops for lunch, around 40g; blueberries or banana; pack of oatmeal)

Those are the main things. I eat constantly, but it's working thus far. I've cut a few pounds, but I'm getting much more defined and feel much healthier as well.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm looking to cut fat on my chest. trying to lose my tummy and tighten up my pecs. advice? I'm starting to try and eat healthier mainly with less snacks and just eating less in general. i'm considering trying to bulk up a bit, but that'll mainly come with some lifting. but general advice to lose/tighten my stomach would be great. 6 pack is the goal...not sure by when, but eventually, a 6 pack or something to the essence would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interval cardio. Sprint, walk, sprint, etc.. Will cut fat very fast.

Also, drink tons of water, speeds up the process, and eat throughout the day to keep your metabolism running.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBryant833 View Post
Lately I've cut soda from diet, cereal and sweets too and i've seen a huge change in how my body is functioning. I've cut 10 pounds and i look extremely cut. Toast with peanut butter has been my breakfast before workouts and eggs after and i'm loving the results.
Cutting soda from your diet is one of the best things you can do to lose weight. So much unneccesary calories and sugar....ugh. It's disgusting.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:38 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So been working out for a month, amazing how quick you get back to previous levels after long layoffs...

Due to blown out knee all I've been able to do is upper body but I'm up to 230 now on my 3x8 bench sets... not long to get back to my peak back when I was working out regularly... Never thought I would miss cardio but there is genuine truth in you don't miss it until you can't do it anymore...

Least I get the reco in the next couple of months! Then the lovely 10 month rehab path begins.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Brent, give this a read regarding complexes: http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...ded_physiqu e

I recommend using the "Evil 8" with around a 95 lb. bar (at the absolute most to start imo) if you consider yourself fit

With regards to keto: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/ze...emain-1196334/

Give that a read.....tons of great info from insanely knowledgeable people answering an abundance of questions.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Brent, give this a read regarding complexes: http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...ded_physiqu e

I recommend using the "Evil 8" with around a 95 lb. bar (at the absolute most to start imo) if you consider yourself fit

With regards to keto: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/ze...emain-1196334/

Give that a read.....tons of great info from insanely knowledgeable people answering an abundance of questions.
I'll check out that workout routine later (I bookmarked it), and see if I like it. I partially torn my subscapularis muscle about 3 weeks ago and have been rehabbing it, so I haven't worked out over that time (which is killing me).

What I gather from that forum you linked is something I was doing in college: cut out carbs from my diet. I eat a pretty low-carb diet to begin with, so I guess I'll just have to cut even more. I think I am at about 80g of carbs a day, so I'll shoot for sub-50g and see how that turns out.

These are open to any of you, so all answers will be appreciated:
1) Any one have a low-carb alternative to bread? I've seen those "low-carb/sugar free" breads at the store but never tried them.

2) Also, I read somewhere that for ever 1g of fiber you take in, it cancels out a carb. Is BS or not?

Old 07-09-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'll check out that workout routine later (I bookmarked it), and see if I like it. I partially torn my subscapularis muscle about 3 weeks ago and have been rehabbing it, so I haven't worked out over that time (which is killing me).

What I gather from that forum you linked is something I was doing in college: cut out carbs from my diet. I eat a pretty low-carb diet to begin with, so I guess I'll just have to cut even more. I think I am at about 80g of carbs a day, so I'll shoot for sub-50g and see how that turns out.

These are open to any of you, so all answers will be appreciated:
1) Any one have a low-carb alternative to bread? I've seen those "low-carb/sugar free" breads at the store but never tried them.

2) Also, I read somewhere that for ever 1g of fiber you take in, it cancels out a carb. Is BS or not?
Your carb count is already fairly low. I wouldn't reccomend taking it that low unless you are cutting for a bodybuilding competition.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Your carb count is already fairly low. I wouldn't reccomend taking it that low unless you are cutting for a bodybuilding competition.
Well, I want to cut as much as possible because I have a little body fat that I've been unable to cut for years. This is more of a personal challenge. Also, I want to lose muscle mass, not just fat. I've bulked up more than I'd like.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Some, but not all, wraps would qualify as this. Basically with breads and their alternatives it's a case by case thing and you really need to read the label to be sure.

As for part 2... no idea, I can't say I've ever heard that exact saying but I do know that fiber by the nature of pushing things through the body faster will probably cause the body to use less of the slow break down carbs that you eat. It is certainly good stuff for you though and will most likely help with weight loss as it helps make the body as efficient as possible in dealing with waste.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote