Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're a dumbass. Nothing you said was either relavent to my post or informed in any manner.

They shipped those QB's out because Favre was still playing at a high level and had his career ahead of him. Favre is an average QB at best anymore, and has this year and maybe one more and that's it.

They drafted him with their 1st round pick, that would indicate that they at some point considered him to be their QB of the future. If they trade him, they're going to have to draft another one in the high rounds and hope to groom him extrememly fast because when Favre leaves you're going to have nooooooobody.

Nothing I said was a shot at the Packers at all. ******* grow up. Obviously you're having some issues with the fact that the Bears are so far ahead of the Packers right now. Otherwise you wouldn't make such outlandish and uncalled for comments. I said the Bears could be vulnerable. They are still leaps and bounds above the Packers right now. And any objective person could recognize that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
Only someone with Grossman would consider Rodgers 'a QB of the future'. I'll be watching for when you remove my post from your signature. That's gonna happen. With or without Moss.

Got some news for you. Rodgers isn't the 1st backup QB shipped out for picks/players.

Brunell - was better than Rodgers
Hasslebeck - is better than Rodgers ever could imagine to be.
Brooks
Nall

When you can ship out a mediocre QB for something and replace him in the draft, it's a good idea. Now I can understand why the Bears fans wouldn't understand becasue they've had about 50 different sucky QB's since Favre took snap #1 in Green Bay.

Agree totally on your last line. You are starting to see the cracks in that fragile Bears team. At the same time the Pack grows stronger. I called it and you posted it in your signature. Classic.
Good Point!
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You're a dumbass. Nothing you said was either relavent to my post or informed in any manner.

They shipped those QB's out because Favre was still playing at a high level and had his career ahead of him. Favre is an average QB at best anymore, and has this year and maybe one more and that's it.

They drafted him with their 1st round pick, that would indicate that they at some point considered him to be their QB of the future. If they trade him, they're going to have to draft another one in the high rounds and hope to groom him extrememly fast because when Favre leaves you're going to have nooooooobody.

Nothing I said was a shot at the Packers at all. ******* grow up. Obviously you're having some issues with the fact that the Bears are so far ahead of the Packers right now. Otherwise you wouldn't make such outlandish and uncalled for comments. I said the Bears could be vulnerable. They are still leaps and bounds above the Packers right now. And any objective person could recognize that.
Actually they drafted himbecause he was the best value on the board and thats how ted drafts. I dont think anyone in the organization thought he was the qb of the future.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love this trade because I HATE Aaron Rodgers. i'm just really happy he isn't the Packer's "QB of the Future" anymore.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
Actually they drafted himbecause he was the best value on the board and thats how ted drafts. I dont think anyone in the organization thought he was the qb of the future.
What value does he have if they never planned on him playing. Do you realize what little sense that makes? Best player available is only relavent if you actually plan on playing that guy.

I also love how so many Packers fans were saying that he was the QB of the future, but now that there is talk of him being traded everyone throws him under the bus. What a bunch of baseless homers you are.

I realize that some (drowe for example) never liked Rogers, but that was the minority. Most felt that "they would be fine" and "Rogers will carry the program after Favre leaves".

Old 03-15-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How much better can it get for the Raiders right now. They have the first overall pick of the draft and now they are making one of tghe best trades ive seen. Theyre getting rid of Moss which they are thrilled about and bringing in a young qb who was drafted first round, almost first overall. Now the Raiders willhave their qb and can take Calvin. The Packers are screwing their franchise giving away farves succedor and bringing in a guy who give 75% at best. The Raiders must be commended and the packers fans must be sick.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Quote:
What value does he have if they never planned on him playing. Do you realize what little sense that makes? Best player available is only relavent if you actually plan on playing that guy.

I also love how so many Packers fans were saying that he was the QB of the future, but now that there is talk of him being traded everyone throws him under the bus. What a bunch of baseless homers you are.

I realize that some (drowe for example) never liked Rogers, but that was the minority. Most felt that "they would be fine" and "Rogers will carry the program after Favre leaves".
You obviously know noyhing about ted thompson because hes gone on record numerous times saying he drafts the best player on the board even if its not a player of need which a-rod was. We didnt need him then and we dont need him now. I also think its funny how you bash people for making "uncalled for comments" and your probably the king of uncalled for comments on this board. Ive been reading these forums for quite some time and I must say I actually enjoy reading your posts but please practice what you preach!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

i defended Rodgers with a passion but it comes to a point were he will be traded and theres nothing you can do about it.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
How much better can it get for the Raiders right now. They have the first overall pick of the draft and now they are making one of tghe best trades ive seen. Theyre getting rid of Moss which they are thrilled about and bringing in a young qb who was drafted first round, almost first overall. Now the Raiders willhave their qb and can take Calvin. The Packers are screwing their franchise giving away farves succedor and bringing in a guy who give 75% at best. The Raiders must be commended and the packers fans must be sick.

Actually as a Packer fan Id be thrilled with this trade. I would rather trade a player other than Rodgers (such as a third and KGB) but this would be a huge upgrade for the team. Rodgers hasnt proved anything yet and Moss still has the size and speed to be top 5 WR in the league. I think it would be a great trade for both sides.
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
WOW thats a big statement for a qb who has seen nothing but garbage time in his career. A-rod is simply a product of a system. The tedford system on top of that. There was a reason he wasnt drafted number 1. There is also a reason why he almost slipped out of the first round. What makes anyone think that a-rod is gonna have success on a team that went through three qb's last year and put up some of the worst numbers in NFL HISTORY??
Old 03-15-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I'd love this trade, it would bring Russell to Cleveland and fix us. :)
That it certainly would

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
You obviously know noyhing about ted thompson because hes gone on record numerous times saying he drafts the best player on the board even if its not a player of need which a-rod was. We didnt need him then and we dont need him now. I also think its funny how you bash people for making "uncalled for comments" and your probably the king of uncalled for comments on this board. Ive been reading these forums for quite some time and I must say I actually enjoy reading your posts but please practice what you preach!
Every GM says that.

As for "uncalled" comments. I'm not talking about swearing or things of that nature, I'm talking about bringing up completely irrelevant points, such as Rex Grossman or things of that nature. I hate when people try to measure someone's comments dependent upon what team they root for, as if that has anything to do with anything.

Not to mention I didn't even say it was a bad move for the Packers, I was just weighing the pros and cons, as opposed to simply saying "OMGZ WHATS A GREEAAT TRARED THE PACKERS R GOIN TOT HE SUPERBOWL!!!" which is apparently the only commentary whatever his name is finds acceptable.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-15-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

But not every gm practices it!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Ted Thompson honestly drafted Aaron Rodgers with no intention of ever playing him then he is the stupidest GM of all-time.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

the bears short run at the top is almost over and I can sense it in your tone. Hilarious.

Get ready for this: http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/1718/randy27jj5.jpg
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont see a problem with drafting a player who has the best value on the board. It leaves you options for scenarios like THE ONE RIGHT NOW.Good trade value. I like Rodgers and wouldnt mind giving him a shot but I would give him up for Moss in a heartbeat.
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
If Ted Thompson honestly drafted Aaron Rodgers with no intention of ever playing him then he is the stupidest GM of all-time.
Not if we get randy moss out of it then I have to say it worked out perfect. We would get rid of someone who is getting paid alot of money to carry a clipboard and in return get one of the best wideouts in the league. And yes he is still one of the best. The greenbay organization has done this so many times before, I really dont understand why so many people are shocked that it may happen.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WOW thats a big statement for a qb who has seen nothing but garbage time in his career. A-rod is simply a product of a system. The tedford system on top of that. There was a reason he wasnt drafted number 1. There is also a reason why he almost slipped out of the first round. What makes anyone think that a-rod is gonna have success on a team that went through three qb's last year and put up some of the worst numbers in NFL HISTORY??
that doesnt mean he isnt good. he has been stuck behind Farve and yuo can really judge him at this point. me personally i think the raiders are getting the better deal here. Moss is not what he used to be and CJ would be an improvement and rodgers could be worth it. he could be a solid player or he could be a waste. either way the raiders are getting rid of moss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Every GM says that.

As for "uncalled" comments. I'm not talking about swearing or things of that nature, I'm talking about bringing up completely irrelevant points, such as Rex Grossman or things of that nature. I hate when people try to measure someone's comments dependent upon what team they root for, as if that has anything to do with anything.

Not to mention I didn't even say it was a bad move for the Packers, I was just weighing the pros and cons, as opposed to simply saying "OMGZ WHATS A GREEAAT TRARED THE PACKERS R GOIN TOT HE SUPERBOWL!!!" which is apparently the only commentary whatever his name is finds acceptable.
Exactly. I had an argument about this before. It's so goddamn pathetic when people do that.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
By the way I think your gm takes the cake for worst gm ever!!
Old 03-15-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What value does he have if they never planned on him playing. Do you realize what little sense that makes? .
Do you realize how little sense you are making? Do the names Mark Brunell or Matt Hasselbeck ring a bell? Did you even know they were at one time backups behind Favre with about the same chance of playing as hell freezing over?
If you did, you wouldn't have made this ridiculous statement.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Not if we get randy moss out of it then I have to say it worked out perfect. We would get rid of someone who is getting paid alot of money to carry a clipboard and in return get one of the best wideouts in the league. And yes he is still one of the best. The greenbay organization has done this so many times before, I really dont understand why so many people are shocked that it may happen.
Ok think about this.

You used a 1st round pick on a guy.

You got absolutely nothing out of him for two years.

You are now possibly trading him for a guy that has the value of a mid-to-late 2nd rounder.

How in the world is that working out perfectly?

Hass was drafted in the 6th round. Brunell and Brooks were mid-round picks. All three were traded because Favre wasn't going anywhere for many years.

There is a HUGE difference here.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead10790 View Post
I dont see a problem with drafting a player who has the best value on the board. It leaves you options for scenarios like THE ONE RIGHT NOW.Good trade value. I like Rodgers and wouldnt mind giving him a shot but I would give him up for Moss in a heartbeat.
It's not good trade value, it's TERRIBLE trade value.

You could have taken a player in 2005 with the 24th pick, used him for three years, and taken the mid 2nd rounder this year and traded him for Moss.

How can ANYONE not understand how this is not good value?

Old 03-15-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

I had a feeling Courtney Anderson was going to be traded or cut. He hit an escalator in his contract moving his salary for next year to 1.4 Million.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Quote:
Every GM says that.

If you were referring to me as the "whatever his name is" then you should go back and read my posts because i never once said we were going to the super bowl. If it wasnt me then disregard this comment.