Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think it was just plain stupid for the packer to get rid of the future multi-MVP CRAIG NALL :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
Not if we get randy moss out of it then I have to say it worked out perfect. We would get rid of someone who is getting paid alot of money to carry a clipboard and in return get one of the best wideouts in the league. And yes he is still one of the best. The greenbay organization has done this so many times before, I really dont understand why so many people are shocked that it may happen.
That isn't the point. When the Packers drafted Aaron Rodgers they didn't do it knowing that Moss would be available in a trade a couple years later. They did it for one of two reasons. Either they planned on Aaron Rodgers being the QB of the future or they did it because they are idiots. Tell me, why did the Packers draft Aaron Rodgers if they never had any intention of him seeing the field?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll tell you this, the Packers are taking the NFC North in 2007. That dude knows it too.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Ok think about this.

You used a 1st round pick on a guy.

You got absolutely nothing out of him for two years.

You are now possibly trading him for a guy that has the value of a mid-to-late 2nd rounder.

How in the world is that working out perfectly?

Hass was drafted in the 6th round. Brunell and Brooks were mid-round picks. All three were traded because Favre wasn't going anywhere for many years.

There is a HUGE difference here.
If you go back and read my posts I said sometimes you have to take a loss and move on. How many times a year does that happen in the draft?? you take a player high and he doesnt work out. It happens all the time. OH WELL!
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
I'll tell you this, the Packers are taking the NFC North in 2007. That dude knows it too.
they're taking the north by trying to pick it up from the bottom

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 03-15-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
you take a player high and he doesnt work out. It happens all the time. OH WELL!
he hasnt had a chance to not work out. he hasnt played signifigantly

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 03-15-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
That isn't the point. When the Packers drafted Aaron Rodgers they didn't do it knowing that Moss would be available in a trade a couple years later. They did it for one of two reasons. Either they planned on Aaron Rodgers being the QB of the future or they did it because they are idiots. Tell me, why did the Packers draft Aaron Rodgers if they never had any intention of him seeing the field?
It appears that they didn't know what I knew: Favre was sticking around until he threw TD pass #421. I said years ago that he wasn't going away until that record was his. Think what you want about what he said as far as that record is concerned. Fact is he wants it.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
they're taking the north by trying to pick it up from the bottom
??????

When did the Lions and Vikings franchises' dissolve?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
??????

When did the Lions and Vikings franchises' dissolve?
im just messing with ya, the pack should have a good year but i still feel the bears are entrenched

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 03-15-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Quote:
he hasnt had a chance to not work out. he hasnt played signifigantly
He didnt play and he may get traded so therefore he didnt work out. It has nothing to do with on field production. Its a business move. I still cant believe people are bashing a a-rod for moss trade it makes no sense at all. A-rod may never see the field under his rookie contract so what should we do? Get a great talent now that plays lights out in lambeau field or let a-rod sit the bench his entire rookie contract and then loose him to free agency. I think this deal makes alot of sense.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Featherstone

Quote:
False dichotomy.

Maybe they have watched him for 2 years and realize he isn't going to be the player they thought he was going to be coming out.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

Quote:
im just messing with ya, the pack should have a good year but i still feel the bears are entrenched

No problem. That's why I came back with that reply....although it should be considered by the NFL.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you go back and read my posts I said sometimes you have to take a loss and move on. How many times a year does that happen in the draft?? you take a player high and he doesnt work out. It happens all the time. OH WELL!
Right, and that's fine. If they don't like Rogers they should trade him and try to find another young QB to be the replacement, but to say that it is good value, it is not. If they trade Rogers it ends up being a bad pick for the Packers because they lost three years for nothing and a major drop in terms of trade value.

That being said, if they don't think he's worth anything they need to trade him this offseason while he still has some value.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Meta4
Rookie

Its gonna be real funny if a-rod has nothing to do with this trade and we all just wasted our time for nothing. :)
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

23 teams passed on him and all thoses 23 coachs know something.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Right, and that's fine. If they don't like Rogers they should trade him and try to find another young QB to be the replacement, but to say that it is good value, it is not. If they trade Rogers it ends up being a bad pick for the Packers because they lost three years for nothing and a major drop in terms of trade value.

That being said, if they don't think he's worth anything they need to trade him this offseason while he still has some value.
I agree and thats exactly what were trying to do. I understand your value point because we did just lose three years for nothing but at the same time we cant change that, we can only mask it by bringing moss in. Either way picking rodgers was a mistake. I personally have always thought that but thats what you have to deal with when TT is your GM. He drafts the best player available regardless of need.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont even understand this argument. This is a trade that would benefit both teams. The Packers need a WR and the Raiders a QB. Both Rodgers and Moss were 1st round picks and both have had their value drop. They have about the same value and would both benefit from the trade. It makes perfect sense to me.
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have Never been a Rodgers advocate I was a Charlie Frye guy in 04.

But this situation is totally different than the Hasselback, Brunell, and Brooks situations.

I believe all them were later round picks(Brooks 4th, Hasselback 6th i know for sure), Rodgers was drafted with our 1st round pick, as a BPA lets not forget he was mentioned in the same breath as the number 1 overall pick at one time. however the tedford legacy is what caused him to drop IMO. So if Thompson does decide to trade him he's admitting he made a mistake which just doesn't seem very TT to me.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of him for Moss, but we must have a back up plan ready. Were gonna need another Young QB to bring into the fold(Charlie Frye may even be potentially avaiable if Cleavland decides to go the Brady Quinn route but thats just a pipe dream of mine)
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
23 teams passed on him and all thoses 23 coachs know something.
Every coach passed on Brady, multiple times.

Plus, Rodgers was the 2nd quarterback selected in the draft. The only real knock on him coming into the NFL was that he worked in the Tedford system.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=20647

That says the exact opposite
Old 03-15-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Its all a smokescreen. TT is notorious for things like this. He says one thing and does the exact opposite.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Every coach passed on Brady, multiple times.

Plus, Rodgers was the 2nd quarterback selected in the draft. The only real knock on him coming into the NFL was that he worked in the Tedford system.
Thats a big knock!
Old 03-15-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats a big knock!

Yeah it's basically the equivalent of "Hey guys, I banged this really hot chick...big tits, great hips, and oh yeah I forgot to tell you she was dead at the time."
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
well obviously when they drafted him they must have thought he was their QB of the future. Based on how they handled it on draft day I was led to believe they weren't high on Rodgers as a prospect but thought the value was too to pass up. And I also would have to guess that the coaches are not at all high on him after 2 years of him in practice.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN and NFL Network are saying this is false, and I will beleive them, I think someone either got confused, or bored, and wanted to start a good story.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote