Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 04-21-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010 Colts Schedule

Let's talk about the new schedule fellas.

9/12 @ Hou
9/19 NYG
9/26 @Den
10/3 @ Jax
10/10 KC
10/17 @ Wash
10/24 BYE
11/1 HOU
11/7 @ Phil
11/14 Cinci
11/21 @ NE
11/28 SD
12/5 Dallas
12/9 @ Tenn
12/19 Jax
12/26 @ Oak
1/2 Tenn

I only see 3 "easy" wins in KC, Washington, and Oakland. Our division should be tough again, and our 1st place schedule makes it hard on us as usual.

It's annoying we only have 3 home games while it's still warm. And for once it'd be nice to have a bye week in the 2nd half of the season.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default The league made sure

The league made sure the Colts have to deal with a tough November so that their December won't be like every other year where we rest our starters.

I think we end up with a No.2 seeding in the AFC, I do not see us getting homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. I see the Ravens as the most improved team in the AFC, when it is all said and done.

The Jets could crash and burn but then, they could also dominate if Mark Sanchez makes improvements in his game. The Patriots could go back to their "running the ball heavily" days with multiple TEs and will still be in contention, thanks to Brady but the AFC East will have everyone beating the crap out of each other, just like the AFC North.

Chargers, Saints, Packers have pretty cushy schedules, I expect all of them to win their divisions and not be lower than a #3 in their conference (though Favre would make the Packers earn it at the end).
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL always seems to make sure to put a tough 4 game stretch in the Colts schedule. This year it looks to be from 11/21-12/9. Facing what could arguably be the two best teams in the AFC other than the Colts (I'm not entirely discounting the Pats as everyone else seems to be, much as I would love to see their demise) in two consecutive weeks, then Dallas and a trip to Tennessee. You'd think the NFL could split some of these games up. If Cincinnati doesn't fall off that portion of the schedule could get even worse.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washington won't be an easy win with McNabb there.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:11 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you look back at the 09 schedule it's no big surprise our defense struggled so much against Brees in the SB. Having no pass rush definitely hurt, but the Colts didn't play anything close to a top tier QB in the last 5 weeks of the regular season. The 2 best QBs they faced all season were Matt Schaub and Tom Brady. The secondary will be tested a lot more often this season when they face Schaub x2, Eli, McNabb, Brady, Rivers and Romo. It's possible that Kolb and/or Palmer will have good years as well. It wouldn't even surprise me if VY or Jason Campbell played well.

We absolutely need Powers and Hayden to stay healthy this year. We also need a more consistent pass rush. I'm glad we got Hughes. I hope a consistent interior pass rusher emerges this season.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 05-25-2010 at 08:19 AM.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default An interesting co-incidence

The NFC East has however had a hand in determining the SB champs since 2006, here take a look:

2006 – Colts played the entire NFC East, beat Bears to become SB champs

2007 – Giants, an NFC East team, beat the Pats who played the entire NFC East, to become SB champs

2008 – Steelers who played the entire NFC East, beat the Cardinals who played the entire NFC East, to become SB champs

2009 – Saints who played the entire NFC East beat the Colts to become SB champs

2010 – Colts play the entire NFC East?? On the NFC side, the Packers, Vikings (basing on previous year’s playoff teams) play the entire NFC East?? Of course, an NFC East team that makes the SB could throw things off like the giant killing Giants in 2007

Just a few patterns to ponder about.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote