Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Meta4
Rookie

Meta4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here's a report from Madison ESPN radio posted on packerforum.com
http://packerforum.com/index.php?nam......pic&t=10315
This just in....

They interviewed the Boston Herald reporter who broke the story on the Madison's ESPN affiliate. He said his source has never been wrong and he fully expects denials until the deal is officially announced. By rule, they must deny it because of tampering. He also said it could be announced as early as tomorrow or it could be after the draft. He was born and raised in Milwaukee and that is how he has the Wisconsin source who he would not name.
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead10790 View Post
I dont even understand this argument. This is a trade that would benefit both teams. The Packers need a WR and the Raiders a QB. Both Rodgers and Moss were 1st round picks and both have had their value drop. They have about the same value and would both benefit from the trade. It makes perfect sense to me.
It makes TOTAL sense for both sides. If Favre sticks around 2 years, Rodgers is a zero. Get something for him and that something is a deep threat WR. If Rodgers goes to the raiders, they grab Calvin Johnson. There is nothing written in stone that Russell or Quinn is the next Manning. However, there is a much better chance that CJ is the next great WR. He has no flaws. You get a WR that is head and shoulders above ANY Wr that has come out since Moss. Take Russell or Quinn and you don't get that.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i dont know how i would feel if this trade went down being a raider fan. I would rather have a 2nd round draft pick, straight up track Rogers for Moss i dont know if that would give enough value for the raiders.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
ESPN and NFL Network are saying this is false, and I will beleive them, I think someone either got confused, or bored, and wanted to start a good story.
A good story it was, certainly created a lot of publicity for both parties.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to be ******* furious is The packers trade rodgers for moss. I don't bu it anyways thpough.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

very ideal trade for both teams....Packers don't have to worry about him rotting on the bench and they get depth at WR. Randy Moss still is a great reciever even though he chooses when to play. That will change with Brett, he can make anyone a team player wtih that charm....

Raiders are making a pretty good trade...Dumping a reciever that hasn't produced for them for a QB that is from the area and has the potential to make it. They are taking the safest pick in the draft (even though thats a bad comment to make) wtih CJ becuase he is going to produce with anyone. Look who his QB was in college.

This now really makes the draft intruiging...

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.../70315132/1989

"wild speculation"

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL. Adam Schefter just shot the **** out of this "impending trade" down.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sweet :) (10 characters)

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure hope the "Trade for Moss isn't close to happening" thing is true and not the one about the trade being about to be announced. I'm still really hoping this doesn't happen, especially for Rodgers.

And to whoever called Rodgers terrible, based on what?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie23 View Post
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pat...ticleid=188664

Could Be Anounced Soon...

Sorry to Make another Topic for this !
Funny that's a guy working for a Boston paper who found the story. I know heé,s member of ESPN Boston.

Thanks to BoneKrusher
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'm going to be ******* furious is The packers trade rodgers for moss. I don't bu it anyways thpough.
Why so we can have Rodgers waste his life on the bench for another reason? Rodgers hasn't proven anything to anyone yet. Moss is proven. Hmmm let's think about that for a moment.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
GB didn't draft Rodgers because they were extremely high on him, but rather because the upside was just too much to pass on. Think about it, a potential franchise QB and possible #1 overall draft pick falls all the way to the bottom of round 1, you have a veteran QB who may retire in a year and no one behind him. Any smart GM would make that call in the same situation. Even if you aren't completely sold on the player a #23 pick is well worth the gamble for a potential franchise signal caller.

People are making it out like GB spent a top 5 pick on Rodgers instead of #23. If these rumors are true then GB took a smart gamble, evaluated Rodgers for a few years and decided he wasn't their guy. If that's the case, then they have to trade him away now to get some return value. Trading for Moss is not that big of a loss in value, he still has the ability to be a big play threat when he's motivated, and knowing how much he respects Favre, he will be. I'm not saying that we haven't lost some value, just not as much as people are trying to make it out to seem. Of course anybody can look back in retrospect and find a better pick we could have made, but I stand by my opinion that it was a worthwhile gamble, and don't see how anybody can question TT for making it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
GB didn't draft Rodgers because they were extremely high on him, but rather because the upside was just too much to pass on. Think about it, a potential franchise QB and possible #1 overall draft pick falls all the way to the bottom of round 1, you have a veteran QB who may retire in a year and no one behind him. Any smart GM would make that call in the same situation. Even if you aren't completely sold on the player a #23 pick is well worth the gamble for a potential franchise signal caller.

People are making it out like GB spent a top 5 pick on Rodgers instead of #23. If these rumors are true then GB took a smart gamble, evaluated Rodgers for a few years and decided he wasn't their guy. If that's the case, then they have to trade him away now to get some return value. Trading for Moss is not that big of a loss in value, he still has the ability to be a big play threat when he's motivated, and knowing how much he respects Favre, he will be. I'm not saying that we haven't lost some value, just not as much as people are trying to make it out to seem. Of course anybody can look back in retrospect and find a better pick we could have made, but I stand by my opinion that it was a worthwhile gamble, and don't see how anybody can question TT for making it.
Agree 100% well said
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
football guy

The same agents represents all parties involved

Brett Favre
Randy Moss (participating agent)
Calvin Johnson

Whos' the agent? Bus Cook.

I wonder how much Bus Cook favors to make if Calvin Johnson goes #1 overall to the Raiders? Because CJ will be drafted #1 if Moss gets traded.

Interesting eh?
Old 03-15-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
Why so we can have Rodgers waste his life on the bench for another reason? Rodgers hasn't proven anything to anyone yet. Moss is proven. Hmmm let's think about that for a moment.
Moss is a proven cancer and quiter.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Moss is a proven cancer and quiter.
You are a proven idiot
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Haha, today is a good day. EA bashing is always fun... and easy.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love some of these GB fans.

Moss isn't close to a top 5 WR right now. He wasn't even on top 15 level last year. Maybe he gets motivated and gets back there but I'm not sure. He isn't the youngest guy anymore and he might have a tenth of the work ethic of Torry Holt or Marvin Harrison.

Personally, I think this all a publicly stunt so that GB management can tell the fans "We tried to get Brett some help." while they continue to rebuild there franchise. It's obvious that they aren't anywhere near another Super Bowl berth and Moss isn't going to help that.

If the trade does go down, I have to think Rodgers is either garbage or GB management is just plain terrible.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post

Moss isn't close to a top 5 WR right now. He wasn't even on top 15 level last year. Maybe he gets motivated and gets back there but I'm not sure. He isn't the youngest guy anymore and he might have a tenth of the work ethic of Torry Holt or Marvin Harrison.

Personally, I think this all a publicly stunt so that GB management can tell the fans "We tried to get Brett some help." while they continue to rebuild there franchise. It's obvious that they aren't anywhere near another Super Bowl berth and Moss isn't going to help that.

If the trade does go down, I have to think Rodgers is either garbage or GB management is just plain terrible.
Most Green Bay fans are the most knowledgable around. That is why 65% of Green Bay fans polled don't want him here. Many of these guys here clamoring for the Randy Moss trade aren't even Green Bay fans. They are either Raider fans who hope Green Bay is stupid enough to give up more than a mid round draft pick for Moss or they are Randy Moss fangirls.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As A Raider fan I love the fact that we are getting rid of Moss and Anderson, they both sucked big time. I like the Rodgers acquisition because we need a QB and it lessens the chance that we draft one. I don't know why the hell GB would bother throwing in an almost worthless 7th rounder, especially if its next years. If I were the Raiders I would be trying to get more than a 7th out of this.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm sorry dude but this whole post is garbage.

1. I don't know where any of us has said that Moss is a top 5 WR, and if someone has I can assure you that they're in the minority. That said, he played in the abyss the last few seasons before which he certainly was a top 5 WR.

2. A publicity stunt to save face with the GB fans? Do you realize how stupid that is seeing that the majority of GB fans despise Moss and don't approve of this trade?

3. None of us (except for a couple of our homers, and hey, every team has 'em) has predicted that GB will go to the Super Bowl next year. But regardless of that I'd like to know how you think adding Moss wouldn't improve our offense?

4. GB management has done a great job at rebuilding this team so far as anybody who understands football is well aware. There's still alot of work to be done but we're moving in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

I thought this might be true until I saw that Courtenay Anderson was involved...no way a team actually wants the "Dropsy Twins of 2006"....

If it did happen this would be great. I'd rather have a 2nd/3rd rd pick than get Rodgers, but whatever. We end up with CJ and that is all I need to sleep well at night. Taking a QB #1 in the draft scares me.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs down

Quote:

I'll build on what Vince said. We dont think Moss is a top 5, maybe top 15, but the only reason he didnt look the part last was because oh I dont know... Andrew Walter was QB w/ no o-line and no RB!! All we need Moss to do is be a deep threat.

And apparently you are just like everybody else who thinks we played beyond our true potential. How can anybody say that? Sure we have a harder schedule this year but we're a young growing team, give us a TE, HB and S and we havea chance at being dominate

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
How much better can it get for the Raiders right now. They have the first overall pick of the draft and now they are making one of tghe best trades ive seen. Theyre getting rid of Moss which they are thrilled about and bringing in a young qb who was drafted first round, almost first overall. Now the Raiders willhave their qb and can take Calvin. The Packers are screwing their franchise giving away farves succedor and bringing in a guy who give 75% at best. The Raiders must be commended and the packers fans must be sick.
The Packers have had 2 years working with Rodgers to see how he is developing. If they are considering trading him, it is very unlikely that they think he will ever amount to anything. Not one Tedford QB has ever had real success in the NFL, that is why so many franchises passed on Rodgers in the 1st place. I think Oakland woud have to be nuts to take Rodgers and pass on Russell, it would doom that franchise for at least a decade. Green Bay is just looking for someone to take Rodgers off their hands while getting Moss for practically nothing.