Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-08-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seems appropriate given a certain thread which was just closed.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nottalotta people are going to pay $9-10 to confirm their belief that Patinson is an awful actor.

I somehow don't see a sterling position on the Hollywood A-List or any Oscar nominations in his future, & that's being kind. A lot of film critics are a lot meaner when they discuss him.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really good movie IMO.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to a midnight showing of predators. I'm kinda pumped. Predator is one of my all-time favorites. Hopefully this is a worthy follow.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Nottalotta people are going to pay $9-10 to confirm their belief that Patinson is an awful actor.

I somehow don't see a sterling position on the Hollywood A-List or any Oscar nominations in his future, & that's being kind. A lot of film critics are a lot meaner when they discuss him.
Which is unfortunate, because hes perfect for the role. I havent seen him in anything else, so I cant speak to his actual talent. But what people claim is bad acting is him being precisely what that character is in the books (aka the only redeeming part of them)

And as such, I show my support in sig/avy form!

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pattinson doesnt seem all that bad in interviews. In fact, everything Ive seen suggests he absolutely hates the role he plays in Twilight. In fact, when he was rumored to play Cobain, I didnt hate the casting.

As much as I hate to defend Twilight, because 90% of the people who post on this board have better syntax then Stephanie Meyer does, I dont think Pattinson is the worst thing about those movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Pattinson doesnt seem all that bad in interviews. In fact, everything Ive seen suggests he absolutely hates the role he plays in Twilight. In fact, when he was rumored to play Cobain, I didnt hate the casting.

As much as I hate to defend Twilight, because 90% of the people who post on this board have better syntax then Stephanie Meyer does, I dont think Pattinson is the worst thing about those movies.
I forget what I saw it on, but I've seen him do an interview/read one where he just rips on Twilight and how they are awful stories. I really think he only does it to get paid.

Plus, all his interviews he doesn't seem like he gives a ****. I watched one like behind the scenes interview and he said something to the effect of, "I love having makeup artists. You can go out the night before and get smashed, and then not have to worry about it in the morning."

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I'm going to a midnight showing of predators. I'm kinda pumped. Predator is one of my all-time favorites. Hopefully this is a worthy follow.
I'm seeing that today, I'll report back later.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm seeing that today, I'll report back later.
I love the Predator franchise too, even was a paid admission to AVP that was rated one of the worst of all time.

I was going to go today too until I read this review:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_154605...nclick_check=1

Cast of heavy hitters including Adrien Brody & Laurence Fishburne, it's the original Predator from '87 regurgitated, big budget CG & no real storyline. I'll pass.

What's up with this yr's horrible summer movies? They all seem to be Pixar CGfests or sequels to previous hits (or both in the case of Toy Story 3) or films based on TV shows that sucked to begin with like A-Team. There's no Hurt Locker this yr, no surprise hits with Oscarworthy performances, no scifi epics like Star Trek, no surprise hit comedies, just ensemble cast buddy movie crap with horrible scripts like Grown Ups. Some critics said Airbender drove the final nail in Shamaylan's directing career & all the 3D bandwagon films like Despicable Me are "all looks, no story."

And Nicholas Cage, who used to be a great actor & Coppola clan Hollywood heavyweight sold his remaining career to Disney with Sorcerer's Apprentice -- he lost all his millions in the economic downturn -- had to sell his pvt. island.....

It's like all the good directors went into rehab or took long vacations this summer. Even Ridley Scott dorked up a historical epic that he usually does very well like Kingdom of Heaven in Robin Hood -- it was Gladiator In Sherwood Forest.

The only good films seem to be low budget documentaries like Restrepo, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Inception that looks great & is generating good buzz.

Last edited by LizardState : 07-10-2010 at 04:52 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

high hopes for inception. sounds like the prize of the summer blockbusters. heist movie meets scifi where the heist occurs in other ppl's dreams. very original idea for a movie.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ellen Page that is all.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually liked Predators. Some people probably won't like the ending, but it was just an overall good time and a nice summer popcorn flick. And as piss-poor as this summer's movies have been, this is actually right up there with Iron Man 2 as best movie I've seen this summer.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im going to a movie tonight, but toss up on the choice:

despicable me or predators

also, i cannot wait for "the other guys", "dinner for shmucks", and "inception".... lotta good movies this summer. i also just watched the green hornet trailer, it looks sick.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i laughed at the thought of another predator sequel until i saw Robert Rodriguez made it. it could have some potential. i think i'll wait till dvd release though unless one of my friends drags me out to see it.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This movie has really grown on me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMAX is bringing back Avatar in 3-D for two weeks in late August. They are adding 8 extra minutes of footage.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
VEGAS VACATION!!!
"Where the hell is the damn dam tour?"

I put a dollar in and won a car, put a dollar in won a car, put a dollar in won a car, put a dollar in won a car. I wish I had that luck.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 07-09-2010 at 06:28 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

if you are a huge fan of Predator, you will get very good fan service in Predators.

and by huge fan I mean that you recognize even subtle allusions to the original.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw 21 Grams last night for the first time. Outstanding movie, Benicio Del Toro's best movie IMO. It's close with Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if you are a huge fan of Predator, you will get very good fan service in Predators.

and by huge fan I mean that you recognize even subtle allusions to the original.
I hope they actually are subtle, at least for the most part. I hate blatant allusions to previous films. My head nearly exploded during Rocky Balboa.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:

You mean like the scorpion/knife thing?
Old 07-10-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
You mean like the scorpion/knife thing?

I'd give it a B+, the movie didn't try to be something it wasnt and I enjoyed it. I'll definitely see it again when it's online.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought predators was very meh. Towards the end there were a few cool things thrown at you that I didnt see coming but over all I wasnt all that impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know if I'm late on this, but it sounds like Norton is all but out of the Avengers and they'll go with an unknown actor replacement.

Quote:
[Edward Norton will not be reprising his role as Dr. Bruce Banner, reports HitFix, who say that Marvel Studios plan to cast an unknown in the part.

The report theorizes that a deal could not be made, despite Edward Norton wanting to join the ensemble cast that will include Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Chris Evans as Captain America.
And Kevin Bacon may be playing a villain in X-Men: First Class. HA!

In Matt Vaughn I trust , though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, now Downey Jr will look like a grandpa in the Avengers movie

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote