Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-09-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Well, we might have to tune tomorrow at 8pm ET to see "THE UNBELEEVIABLE DECISION" where the Mariners announce where Lee is going. It does suck for them though to have to deal Montero.
Well if we pull this deal off, it will happen today so we don't have to face him tonight.

If it goes through it tells me a few things. Pettitte has given the impression that he will retire. And the Yankees think A-Rod's days at third will be a lot shorter than they thought when he re-signed that huge deal after opting out.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about to say "**** it, go get Oswalt" if the Lee deal goes through.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Implying the Rays can just go sign anyone they want
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well if we pull this deal off, it will happen today so we don't have to face him tonight.

If it goes through it tells me a few things. Pettitte has given the impression that he will retire. And the Yankees think A-Rod's days at third will be a lot shorter than they thought when he re-signed that huge deal after opting out.
Andy's been so money, I think he wants to pull a Strahan and have a great last season, win it all, and go out on top, which I'd be fine with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the rich get richer. It'll be almost impossible for a team to beat the Yanks in a short series now so congratulations to the Yankees fans here for your 2010 World Series Championship and #28. Good for Seattle to get the best prospect out of the 3 teams that dealt Lee.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we just move right to the off-season?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Make it happen!

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like the Mariners just aren't in love with Ramos. Not that Montero will stay a catcher, but wherever he plays, he's a superior prospect to Ramos.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Montero hasn't been very good this year. I don't know the circumstances around his performance but I wonder if the Yankees know something the rest of us don't. I just wonder why they would trade him for a pitcher that they are almost assured to sign in the off-season. They are already good enough to win it all this year without Lee.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Can we just move right to the off-season?
Does it even matter? The Yanks are just going to re-sign Lee and then add Werth or Crawford. Unless there's a huge "You can't predict baseball, Suzyn" the Yanks should win the WS for at least the next 3 or 4 years. I love baseball and it's my favorite sport but it's really diminishing in my eyes into something that isn't as fun to watch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Montero hasn't been very good this year. I don't know the circumstances around his performance but I wonder if the Yankees know something the rest of us don't. I just wonder why they would trade him for a pitcher that they are almost assured to sign in the off-season. They are already good enough to win it all this year without Lee.
I'm thinking this. No secret that he will probably move to 1B but the Mariners don't have a long term plan there anyways.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
My biggest worry was the Twins getting him. In a 5 game series with pitching Lee twice, the Twins could definitely beat us. So could the Rays in a 7 games series if they got him. Montero has been a lot better this month. He's still only 20.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Montero, Adams, and McAllister for Lee.

I like McAllister a lot. Wished we got him for Nady/Marte.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Implying the Rays can just go sign anyone they want
Seeing as how sternberg held a press conference to say money wouldn't an issue for the trade deadline...

Joel Sherman
To repeat the #Yankees aren't getting Cliff Lee, #Mariners concerned about David Adams ankle plus apparently another team has jumped in hard
Old 07-09-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I wonder what team stepped in and offered more.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's Texas and Tampa that are offering more to answer my own question.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now he's going throw a shutout against the Yanks tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's Texas and Tampa that are offering more to answer my own question.
Is Texas even allowed by the MLB to add payroll?
Old 07-09-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Is Texas even allowed by the MLB to add payroll?
I heard they would add Harden to the deal to help the money part.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Detroit possibly offering Porcello.

I think they can Tampa but just not much. How much is Lee owed for the rest of the year?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I'm way out of the loop here but why can't Texas add payroll?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reds need to offer Bailey, Alonso + Francisco + Maloney

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
they are technically owned by the league

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
The sale of ownership hasn't been completed yet, they loaned a bunch of money from the MLB, and are now on an MLB-assigned budget.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
The sale of ownership hasn't been completed yet, they loaned a bunch of money from the MLB, and are now on an MLB-assigned budget.
PS: Smoak and change for Lee, if they don't win the WS, will be looked at as worse than the Teix trade for Atlanta.