Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm down with that 84 team but I definitely love the 94 team.

Young, Watters, Rice, McCaffrey, Deion, Sapolu, B. Young, Stubblefield, Ken Norton Jr., Merton Hanks. One crazy freakin' team if ya ask me.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I'm down with that 84 team but I definitely love the 94 team.

Young, Watters, Rice, McCaffrey, Deion, Sapolu, B. Young, Stubblefield, Ken Norton Jr., Merton Hanks. One crazy freakin' team if ya ask me.
Don't forget Harris Barton, Bart Oates, Rickey Jackson, Tim McDonald, Charles Mann, Richard Dent, Brent Jones, John Taylor, Lee Woodall, and Gary Plummer.

Some guys like Richard Dent and Charles Mann didn't do much that year, but it's still crazy to think we had a lot of high profile players on one team.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say the 1975 Steelers, the Steel Curtain.

Jack Lambert, Jack Ham, Mel Blount, Mean Joe Greene, Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Franco Harris, Chuck Noll, and a couple other guys I'm forgetting.

Rocky Bleier, Dwight White, Mike Wagner, others.

And that was also the year the Terrible Towel was created, by legendary sportscaster Myron Cope (RIP).

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:49 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1985. And since I'm really not big on pre-merger NFL, I'd rank 2007 second.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:06 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could argue that the 18 and d'oh season was the best season for the Patriots, but since we didn't win I'd say 2004. That team was scary good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:01 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1976 Oakland Raiders - 13-1 and beat Minnesota 32-14 in Super Bowl XI.

John Madden, Ken Stabler, Art Shell, Gene Upshaw, Dave Casper, Ted Hendricks, Fred Biletnikoff, Cliff Branch, Ray Guy, George Atkinson, Willie Brown, Jack Tatum, John Matuszak, Phil Villapiano, Otis Sistrunk, Clarence Davis, Mark van Eehgan. 7 Hall of Famers among that lot.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:22 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
1985. And since I'm really not big on pre-merger NFL, I'd rank 2007 second.
wtf 2007?

Big Brian Griese fan or something?
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:09 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1998 Broncos season was easily their best. Started out 13-0 before succombing to the pressure and losing 2 of the final 3.
Then roflmao-stomped I believe the Dolphins in the playoffs before having a tough game against the Jets, but winning it and proving to much for the Falcons.
1997 team would be 2nd.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Probably the 92-93 season for the Cowboys. Bursting at the seams with youth and talent.
Maybe the 1990 - 91 yrs. for Dallas, the rollup to the 3 SB rings in 4 yrs.

My only signed sports memorabilia knicknack: the Feb. 8th, 1993 SI cover signed by Troy Aikman with the RIDE 'EM, COWBOY! caption showing Aikman running for a SB TD vs. the Bills.

The springboard was of course the Herschel Walker 16-for-1 trade with the Vikings, no team has been gutted for a single player like that in NFL trading history. Jimmy Johnson built the Dallas team core talent from cherrypicking among those 16 draft picks & players. The downside was the screaming match he had with Jerry Jones after their 2nd SB win together & Johnson quit, Jerry handed the best team in the NFL to his old Arkansas buddy & arguably the most corrupt coach in college NCAA Div. 1 history, Barry Switzer, just tragic. Switzer's SB win should draw an asterisk explaining this debacle.

Shameful too that Jerry still can't control his mouth after he's had a few anymore than Ben Rothlisberger can control his male member when he's had a few. Both of those gentlemen could use rehab IMO more than Amy Winehouse.

Another one would be the 1975 Cowboys, the epic SB fail in the 76 SB vs. the Steelers, Roger Staubach vs. Terry Bradshaw. Late 4th qtr, Dallas down by < a TD: Roger the Dodger throws a low pass to TE Jackie Smith all alone standing on the goal line & Smith drops it.... you could just see the TV sets being turned off all over Texas.

Last edited by LizardState : 04-22-2010 at 12:06 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol for the lions it was probably somewhere in the 1950s

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say 1953 for the Lions. Went 10-2 and won the Championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly for the Ravens' I'd say the 2002 season. It was one season removed from the greatest defense of all time and a Super Bowl domination. We made the playoffs and then came the salary purge. Weren't expected to do much of anything and yet with a bunch of rookies and young guys finished the season in the playoff hunt until the end and finished 7-9.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.
Default 1997

The 1998 team was great, but 1997 was a little better because they had so much more to overcome, and they finally got the 500-pound gorilla off the back of the franchise and the whole City of Denver.
7DnBrnc53 is offline   Reply With Quote