Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Eagles, WR Curtis Agree To Six-Year Deal

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ho...l.jsp?id=66194

Interested to see the details of that deal.

Last edited by NGSeiler : 03-15-2007 at 03:40 PM.
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FYI you can't post the whole article that being said nice move by the Eagles.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
FYI you can't post the whole article that being said nice move by the Eagles.
Edited, thanks for the head's up.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just posted in the free agent thread my thoughts. Talent wise, good move. They get their stretch guy to replace Stallworth, without Stallworth's history of getting tweaked. I didn't think they were going WR in round 1 anyways ... and this probably removes any possibility of that. I think they'll focus on DL up front, as it's their MO, and arguably, at the top of their needs list. Safety/LB are still possibilities, and if Greg Olsen fell, I do think they'd look that way due to LJ Smith's contract expiring after next season (haven't heard of an extension yet). But I think it's DL, and maybe Charles Johnson if he's there, as he's somewhat similar to Darren Howard, already on their roster.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Edited, thanks for the head's up.
No problem I Would have liked to see him in KC I really think he will break out he never really had a chance behind Burce and Holt.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good signing, then again the Eagles rarely make bad ones.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are Eagles fans happy about this?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Just posted in the free agent thread my thoughts. Talent wise, good move. They get their stretch guy to replace Stallworth, without Stallworth's history of getting tweaked. I didn't think they were going WR in round 1 anyways ... and this probably removes any possibility of that. I think they'll focus on DL up front, as it's their MO, and arguably, at the top of their needs list. Safety/LB are still possibilities, and if Greg Olsen fell, I do think they'd look that way due to LJ Smith's contract expiring after next season (haven't heard of an extension yet). But I think it's DL, and maybe Charles Johnson if he's there, as he's somewhat similar to Darren Howard, already on their roster.
Read my sig, I agree with you there. Charles Johnson is a possible pick if they are gone, maybe Poz as well or Jon Beason. Another guy to consider is Jarvis Moss. We have a lot of options. And now I am happy. There will be no more mock drafts that have us taking a WR in the first day. I figured I'd post on this because it already has more replies and mine will probably be locked.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Are Eagles fans happy about this?
They should be IMO.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

6 Years 33 Million.

The Tollner's are very good agents.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping he would sign with the Titans, but i'm not sold on him being a great starter option for us anyway.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopefully he fairs better than Az Hakim did for the lions, the last St Louis slot WR to get a huge deal from another team.
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Curtis, but couldn't we have gotten Stallworth for the same price?
Old 03-15-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
GSOT
Rookie

GSOT hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Per rotoworld.com:

Eagles signed WR Kevin Curtis to a six-year, $32 million contract. The deal includes $2 million in escalators and $9.5 million guaranteed.
GSOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOT View Post
Per rotoworld.com:

Eagles signed WR Kevin Curtis to a six-year, $32 million contract. The deal includes $2 million in escalators and $9.5 million guaranteed.
Wow, I think Curtis got the better of that deal.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
But then the Eagles might actually contend for a World Championship.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very good signing by the Eagles. I think he's going to comliment that offense very nicely.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Should've kept Donte

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Should've kept Donte
I don't see why. Stallworth hurt them in a couple games last year by sitting out with an injury, something that he is infamous for. As a Saints fan, I know full well the extent of Stallworth's injury history. With that being said, the signing of Kevin Curtis gives the Eagles a deep threat receiver without the injury concerns. I see this signing as an improvement over Dante.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why should they have kept Donte Stallworth? They would have lost their 3rd round pick instead of their 4th. I would rahter have Kurtis and no 4th than Stallworth and no 3rd. Stallworth is often injured and can't run as many routes as Curtis can.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
LLoyd Floyd-Boyd
Rookie

LLoyd Floyd-Boyd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Should've kept Donte
Curtis is better than Stallworth. He is just as fast but his route running and hands are much better. Curtis is starter quality without a doubt.
LLoyd Floyd-Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:45 AM    (permalink
LLoyd Floyd-Boyd
Rookie

LLoyd Floyd-Boyd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
hopefully he fairs better than Az Hakim did for the lions, the last St Louis slot WR to get a huge deal from another team.
Mike Furrey did OK though and he was burried so far down the Rams depth chart at WR that he had to change positions.
LLoyd Floyd-Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
Why should they have kept Donte Stallworth? They would have lost their 3rd round pick instead of their 4th. I would rahter have Kurtis and no 4th than Stallworth and no 3rd. Stallworth is often injured and can't run as many routes as Curtis can.
No no no no no... The Eagles would have lost their third rounder if they signed Stallworth to an extension. Resigning him as a FA meant nothing. As soon as FA started, the 4th was locked in.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the signing. I feel like Curtis is a very solid vertical threat who can also return kicks if needed. I like him as a player, and I have heard he is an excellent locker room guy. I think his skill set was very similar to Stallworths, but I also believe he's a little tougher over the middle. I believe the Eagles may have overpaid, but I need to look at the structure of the contract.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I knew the Eagles were looking at him, but IMo they should of kept Stallworth.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote