Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:32 AM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.
Default Herzeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Love it that you attack the poster instead of the post, so classy, those Cincy fans...... /sarcasm/ Can you show me another NFL team with more banned players than Cincy? No? Well then.

Since you mentioned the Tide, it is regrettable that your Bengals drafted Andre Smith 1st last April. That's b/c the Bengals are the new Raiders, the team where careers go to die, or I'll just use your words....just the most punk ass team in history as far as being convicted of certain crimes, hey if that shoe fits, wear it. Historically the Bengals have lost other SBs long before the issues of felons on the roster emerged, notably 2 of them lost to the 9ers.... is that enough depth for you?

And I don't use twitter, & don't call me holmes, Bengals homer apologist. I thought the Raiders homers were bad, but geez.... I usually sympathize with Bengals fans b/c it's not their fault Mike Brown has taken the team he inherited from his iconic father & ran it into the ground, but when they attack the critics, well, it's open season on homers.

There was that WIDE RIGHT thing with the Buffalo kicker on the FG attempt, at least they got into a position to win over the Giants in the late 4th qtr. in that 87 (?? I forget exactly) SB, so your point, djp, is valid. I especially enjoyed watching Cornelius Bennett grabbing Simms underneath the corner of his shoulderpad as he was going down from the blocking back hitting him low & Bennett flung Simms like a ragdoll as he released the pass & it went spiraling into nowhere, one of my fave SB memories, & involving an Alabama player too.

True, Phillips got screwed by the blue there, even worse was the treatment from Oilers owner Bud Adams who canned Phillips b/c he only got to the AFC Championship game with Earl Campbell at his peak as an NFL gamechanging superstar, the fact that the Raiders watered their field all night before & turned it into a mudbowl might have had something to do with that outcome..... /severe sarcasm/ . Adams trashed the team's reputation & used a negative PR campaign to falsely indicate a lack of fanbase in Houston so he could move the team to Nashville where Adams was going to pocket a ******** of $. That franchise move was so bad it made the B-more Colts moving to Indy at 3 AM look like a picnic at the beach.

Rant guaranteed to irritate Steelers fans: wonderbredd is exactly right there, no team has more enjoyed the benefits of preferential officiating lately than the Steelers.... just ask Ed Hochuli or the SD Bolts. And their last SB wins were just travesties, after all those penalties against Seattle in the Steelers win over the Seahawks the guy in the stands holding up the sign reading THE STEELERS 12th MAN WEARS A STRIPED SHIRT said it all. Those yellow flags falling all over Steeler SB opponents are giving new meaning to the term Terrible Towel.
Bud Adams wasn't responsible for firing Bum Phillips. It was GM Ladd Herzeg. He wanted Bum to hire an offensive coordinator, and he refused. Bum said that he already had three coaches running the offense that helped lead them to two straight AFC Title game appearances, and that it wasn't right to demote them. Ladd wanted more and more control of the team, and he was more responsible for Bum's departure than Adams.
7DnBrnc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Holmgren can right the ship because this city has absolutely no hope besides the Browns... Indians owner is garbage and it's gonna be near impossible to build a basketball team in Cleveland with people only caring about playing in the big lights.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:16 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
KC should be higher.If we had any offense whatsoever in the early-mid 90's with the defense we had we could have had another SB or 2
Hell, have a kicker that doesn't miss 3 kicks in a game and we might have had one.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
You guys are spoiled.

I would gladly take 4 blown super bowls over never being in one, and having 2 playoff wins in team history.
Honestly, for 95% of this board, that doesn't even matter because none of them watched any of them. Any modern Bills fan born after... '85 I guess, knows nothing but ******* terrible football teams and failure.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote