Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-13-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
So now that the Cubs single-handedly won the the all-star game they can focus on trying to steal Girardi from the Yankees. It won't ever happen, but I must have hope.
Anybody but Lou Pinella should be good.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Big Jonathan Broxton The Big Right Hander
One of the more creative nicknames I've ever seen.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh well. The Yankees don't have a real DH this year anyway.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
One of the more creative nicknames I've ever seen.
I don't know why, but you saying this has me laughing uncontrollably.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-13-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PS what I say is not totally random, but basically Gordon Wittenmayer made a story out of very little and so it is all the Chicago Sports scene is talking about.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/24923...ordo13.article
I am guessing he is using the Cubs job for leverage with the Yankees for a larger contract.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
PS what I say is not totally random, but basically Gordon Wittenmayer made a story out of very little and so it is all the Chicago Sports scene is talking about.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/24923...ordo13.article
I am guessing he is using the Cubs job for leverage with the Yankees for a larger contract.
Probably. He'll get his money though. The only reason he didn't get it yet is because they didn't couldn't work a deal out with Jeter and Mo this offseason and they come first.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh ESPN. You really don't need to improve the quality of your analysts.

Show a clip of Braun's diving catch. "That's something he really does well."

Apparently Braun is a top notch fielder.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Oh ESPN. You really don't need to improve the quality of your analysts.

Show a clip of Braun's diving catch. "That's something he really does well."

Apparently Braun is a top notch fielder.
You used ESPN and quality in the same thought????????????? Does not compute

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what does the a-rod benching do to his "psyche" an will somehow be the cause of the yankees collapse.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yunel Escobar and JoJo Reyes to the Blue Jays for Alex Gonzalez, Tim Collins, and Tyler Pastronicky.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Yunel Escobar and JoJo Reyes to the Blue Jays for Alex Gonzalez, Tim Collins, and Tyler Pastronicky.
Woah, I didn't see that coming. I doubt Gonzalez keeps the offense going but he's a solid bat that can't do any worse than Escobar at this point. I'm going to miss Yunel's defense though, but I won't miss his pouting.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Well, um, that's an odd deal.

Last edited by Tampa 2 4 life : 07-14-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Tampa 2 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Woah, I didn't see that coming. I doubt Gonzalez keeps the offense going but he's a solid bat that can't do any worse than Escobar at this point. I'm going to miss Yunel's defense though, but I won't miss his pouting.
Selling low on Yunel seems dumb to me: Carer low in BABIP, power vanished, but everything else is similar.

Gonzalez is having a tremendous power surge, and is still walking at a 4.6% clip(That's bad.) It's not a huge hit defensively, but Escobar is better, and Escobar is younger. Unless Wren really believes in the power/the prospects, it's a very odd deal.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the bigger problem with Yunel is attitude. Cox has benched him numerous times for lack of hustle, and it was only a matter of time before he wore out his welcome. If you include that in the trade, it makes a little more sense, but regardless its still odd.

Does anyone know what Gonzalez's current contract is?

Old 07-14-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
I think the bigger problem with Yunel is attitude. Cox has benched him numerous times for lack of hustle, and it was only a matter of time before he wore out his welcome. If you include that in the trade, it makes a little more sense, but regardless its still odd.

Does anyone know what Gonzalez's current contract is?
2.5 mil option next year.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a huge A Gone fan, but I wont really miss Yunel's constant bitching. He was being a good boy this year, but his production has been subpar. He hasnt been helping the team offensively at all this year.

As for Jojo...oh happy day! The guy doesnt belong anywhere near the majors. He makes Kyle Davies look like Nolan Ryan.

Prospects...I'm actually pretty familiar with Collins, guy is pretty exciting to watch, just for the fact that he's a midget. But he's a big K guy, that could certainly be useful in relief pretty soon. Nice addition to this deal.

Pastornicky is a decent pickup...at least he's a speedier player, something our team/farm desperately needs. He's being projected as a future every day SS or 2B. Hopefully he pans out well, we tend to have a lot of good luck with middle IFs.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Alex Gonzalez, although the other one.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just had to show some baseball fans this....

....are you kidding me? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

That is awesome. Anyone know who that is or what team? Doesn't look like the big leagues

Old 07-14-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Well, um, that's an odd deal.
Yuni >>>>>> Gonzalez.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-14-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is awesome. Anyone know who that is or what team? Doesn't look like the big leagues
Im pretty sure its a minor league game....idk how long ago.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My home town Buffalo Bisons. Back in 1993 or 1994 at beautiful Pilot Field. Rich Aude, so sometime in the late era with the Pirates

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:35 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
My home town Buffalo Bisons. Back in 1993 or 1994 at beautiful Pilot Field. Rich Aude, so sometime in the late era with the Pirates
did he end up going anywhere? bigs?

Quote:
Old 07-15-2010, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
did he end up going anywhere? bigs?
http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...auderi01.shtml

He played parts of 1993, 1995, and 1996 with the Pirates and never amounted to anything. He hit 15 HRs for Buffalo in 1994

Old 07-15-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Rendon dislocated and fractured his ankle yesterday. It's the same ankle he hurt last off season as well.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...e/7109697.html