Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Allons-y!
Posts: 9,542
Reputation: 2201884
Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Judge rips Tank Johnson for "cowardice" in friend's murder

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...riends-murder/

A bush-league personal attack by a judge. What was Tank supposed to do? He isn't a doctor and as far as I know he isn't an EMT or RN. So I am not sure what he could have done to "render aid" to someone dying from gun shot wounds. I am sure he has to live with that memory to this day but to say he was a coward running away after the man he paid to protect him was shot and killed, is wrong. I can say I have never been shot at so I don't know what my reactions would be, but my first instinct sure as hell wouldn't be to stick around and find out.
__________________

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 860
Reputation: 22363
Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

i got shot at one time when i was 16 at a park, and i sure as **** started running.
__________________

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Allons-y!
Posts: 9,542
Reputation: 2201884
Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Coward.....
__________________

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 860
Reputation: 22363
Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

:( im no better than Tank Johnson
__________________

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:48 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 493
Reputation: 1626
MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...riends-murder/

A bush-league personal attack by a judge. What was Tank supposed to do? He isn't a doctor and as far as I know he isn't an EMT or RN. So I am not sure what he could have done to "render aid" to someone dying from gun shot wounds. I am sure he has to live with that memory to this day but to say he was a coward running away after the man he paid to protect him was shot and killed, is wrong. I can say I have never been shot at so I don't know what my reactions would be, but my first instinct sure as hell wouldn't be to stick around and find out.
Ummmm...his BEST FRIEND got shot while protecting HIM. He left the scene so that he could lie about not being there so the Bears wouldn't release him. He cared more about his paycheck than his best friends life (Who got shot because of TANK!). If you run away in that situation rather than help your friend, you are a coward.

The correct action would have been to run away briefly, find cover until the gunman ran away (which is usually quick). Then get back in there and help you friend who YOU just got shot. Tank is a turd.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Allons-y!
Posts: 9,542
Reputation: 2201884
Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Internets tough guyz
How often do you get shot at?

He is not an EMT. He is not trained what to do.
He would have been no help. And it is actually sad if he had stayed with his friend, he could have lost his job.
__________________

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 493
Reputation: 1626
MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Internets tough guyz
How often do you get shot at?

He is not an EMT. He is not trained what to do.
He would have been no help. And it is actually sad if he had stayed with his friend, he could have lost his job.
There is nothing tough about doing the right thing. I guarantee you that gunman took off running within a minute of shooting....all shooters do that because they don't want to get caught. Following that Tank could have gone to offer any assistance he could, call for help....put pressure on his wounds. Anything. But he ran to protect his job rather than help his dying friend. A friends life is more important than your job. period. Running home to pretend you weren't there is cowardice, period.

No its not tough...its having morals that clearly you lack.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Allons-y!
Posts: 9,542
Reputation: 2201884
Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The authorities were already there. Medics.
So what was he supposed to do? Stay and lose his job? His source of income? Because according to his testimony, he wasn't the one starting the fight it seems. He tried to stop it and break up the fight.
As for putting pressure on a wound....you should use something other than TV as your source for medical knowledge. Most EMT's I know, would rather people at the scene do nothing because they more often hurt than help. But you only hear about the ones who help.
__________________

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,298
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

You only care because you're a Bengals fan.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 13,258
Reputation: 6307363
TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

You can rationalize what Johnson did, but that doesn't make it any less cowardice.

If I'm getting shot at, instinct forces me to duck and cover (or at least I would assume. Luckily I've never had the experience other than hearing shots from far off in downtown Memphis). After the scene is clear, if I see my friend lying there wounded, I'm not thinking about anything else but him. Especially not covering my own ass. Have some God damn honor. Shahin did get shot at, but he was barely old enough to drive without supervision so of course he ran. Plus, he didn't see one of his friends go down.

But then again, it's all stupid to speculate because I'm never going to put myself in the position where staying around a crime scene will come back to bite me in the ass like that.

Another issue I have is that he abandons his friend who's laying there dying because he didn't want his name involved, but then the dumbass gets busted for suspicion of DUI and gets cuts from the Bears anyway! So the whole thing was for what? One more season with the Bears. Smooth move Exlax!

But yeah, I don't think it was cool that Johnson got a lecture at another man's murder trial. Save the words for the killer. And yes, Johnson probably has to deal with the bad memories and guilt of what he did. But sometimes guys need to be told they're selfserving douchebags, which is apparently why the judge took it upon himself to scold the guy. Not that it probably even worked.
__________________
Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Allons-y!
Posts: 9,542
Reputation: 2201884
Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Tank stayed until the cops got there. Then he left. He didnt bolt right away.
__________________

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 13,258
Reputation: 6307363
TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Tank stayed until the cops got there. Then he left. He didnt bolt right away.
So he ducked and covered, stayed on/around the scene with his dying friend, waited til the cops got there, deliberately lied to them to cover his own skin despite witnessing the murder, and then left? What did he do during the time the guy got shot and the cops showed up, besides not helping his dying friend?
__________________
Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Allons-y!
Posts: 9,542
Reputation: 2201884
Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

What would he have done?
He is not a trained anything when it comes to helping a gun shot victim. That is not cowardice. He didnt start the fight.
The judge is grandstanding to make his name known. He has no reason to bring this up.

It has nothing to do with a Bengal. It has everything to do with what I see as wrong: a judge grandstanding and calling someone a coward for not being a ******* super hero.
__________________

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,298
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
It has nothing to do with a Bengal. It has everything to do with what I see as wrong: a judge grandstanding and calling someone a coward for not being a ******* super hero.
Please. Tank plays for the team you like. That's it.

Absolutely nothing happened here. Tank Johnson has numerous convictions. The judge said some not very nice things to him. He didn't serve him with anything. He isn't being further punished. Nobody is taking away his millions of dollars. He just called him a name.

Why in the world should anyone care?
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 13,258
Reputation: 6307363
TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
What would he have done?
He is not a trained anything when it comes to helping a gun shot victim. That is not cowardice. He didnt start the fight.
The judge is grandstanding to make his name known. He has no reason to bring this up.
Wasn't Tank the one who got busted with an aresenal the size of a 3rd world country a while ago? It's unreasonable to assume he has absolutely no training when it comes to gun safety. He's not an EMT, but it doesn't take a genius to know that putting pressure on a wound or tying a tourniquet to stop blood loss helps. The only danger he has with stepping in to help the victim is if he's licensed in CPR or is a doctor, nurse, etc. Plus, since Johnson has no medical training, he wouldn't be able to tell if the shot is a mortal wound or what so not trying implies he just didn't care enough his friend's life. Not to mention if the guy was still conscious when the attacker left, it'd would've been honorable to stay with the victim during his death despite not being able to do anything. He may've done that though, I dunno.

C'mon Bengals. He's either incredibly self-serving or incompetant. Don't see the need to defend the guy. So what if the judge scolded him? That's what judges do. Tank could've done more. If not having the training is what stopped him, then he could've called the police and had a qualified person talk him through some basic to help stabilize the victim until medics got there. He didn't do that, but instead of getting in trouble for straight up lying to police, he ended up with a lecture. Yeah, the judge is the bad guy.
__________________
Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,728
Reputation: 56147
BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

It's easy to sit in an armchair and render a judgement on someone for acting how they did in a crisis, but until you're in that situation no one knows how they'll act. **** that judge.
__________________

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 11,254
Reputation: 496749
YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
It's easy to sit in an armchair and render a judgement on someone for acting how they did in a crisis, but until you're in that situation no one knows how they'll act. **** that judge.
QFT.

I'm not judging anyone because who knows what goes through your head when **** like that is going down.
__________________


YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Allons-y!
Posts: 9,542
Reputation: 2201884
Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Wasn't Tank the one who got busted with an aresenal the size of a 3rd world country a while ago? It's unreasonable to assume he has absolutely no training when it comes to gun safety. He's not an EMT, but it doesn't take a genius to know that putting pressure on a wound or tying a tourniquet to stop blood loss helps. The only danger he has with stepping in to help the victim is if he's licensed in CPR or is a doctor, nurse, etc. Plus, since Johnson has no medical training, he wouldn't be able to tell if the shot is a mortal wound or what so not trying implies he just didn't care enough his friend's life. Not to mention if the guy was still conscious when the attacker left, it'd would've been honorable to stay with the victim during his death despite not being able to do anything. He may've done that though, I dunno.
More often than not, first responders say it is better for you to do nothing; dont touch or mess with them. Good Samaritan types can do more harm than good.

C'mon Bengals. He's either incredibly self-serving or incompetant. Don't see the need to defend the guy. So what if the judge scolded him? That's what judges do. Tank could've done more. If not having the training is what stopped him, then he could've called the police and had a qualified person talk him through some basic to help stabilize the victim until medics got there. He didn't do that, but instead of getting in trouble for straight up lying to police, he ended up with a lecture. Yeah, the judge is the bad guy.
It is absolutely NOT the judges place to demean or scold a State's witness!
__________________

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 13,258
Reputation: 6307363
TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
It is absolutely NOT the judges place to demean or scold a State's witness!
He lied to the police! Why the hell shouldn't he be scolded for that? His friend was dead, he did nothing to help, and then lied to the police. Just because he's a witness? He's no victim! He wasn't the guy who died. It's sad for him, but apparently the guy wasn't important enough for Johnson to initially fully cooperative with authorites and therefore risk getting cut by the Bears. So why should the judge bother to side step his feelings? He saw what happened. He could've not only done more at the scene (You're not going to do more harm than good holding pressure on a wound. Quit it with that ********, Bengals. No medic is going to get there and say, "What the...which idiot tried to stop the bleeding?!" If that's a hard line from first responders, it's probably to prevent bystanders from full on playing doctor, giving them medication, or something like that. Not to prevent people from holding pressure on a wound in a life or death situation. Give me a break!!), but he also lied about being a witness to a crime and withheld information initially - that's ******* obstruction of justice; Best case is a gross misdemeanor for making a false/misleading statement in a criminal investigation. You know what kind of **** he could've gotten into had he made those comments under oath? Fortunately for him he decided to cooperate and testify truthfully - only after the fact when it didn't hurt him.

Tank Johnson didn't do a damn thing to help Posey after he got shot that night. He didn't render "aid" when Posey was laying there dying. He didn't render "aid" by fully working with police to help bring justice for Posey. He didn't do anything for a guy he referred to as his "best friend." Instead, he kept his hands clean of the entire thing - all so he could play football. I'll only concede that calling him a coward was a tad - a slight sliver - over the line, but there is no way in hell that Tank Johnson's actions that night were anything but self-preserving.

So tell me again, why Tank Johnson, a repeat offender before then and since, didn't deserve a little tongue lashing from a judge?! Seriously Bengals?! Are you ******* serious?!

People really need to stop being so God damn sensitive! The guy is a judge - whether you like it or not, he has the authority to...wait for it...JUDGE! He thought Tank Johnson's behavior was wrong, and said so. That's it. You don't like it? Tough. Cause I'm sure the family of the actual victim got some closure by the judge saying those few sentences to the man who just sat on the sidelines while their loved one bled out in the middle of a night club and then was unwilling to help bring justice to their loved one all because he didn't want to get cut due to all the run ins with the law he's had.

But no, poor Tank Johnson may or may not have got his feelings hurt. Lets all ***** and moan about the bully of a judge. Give me a ******* break.
__________________
Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 185
Reputation: 18609
dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
He lied to the police! Why the hell shouldn't he be scolded for that? His friend was dead, he did nothing to help, and then lied to the police. Just because he's a witness? He's no victim! He wasn't the guy who died. It's sad for him, but apparently the guy wasn't important enough for Johnson to initially fully cooperative with authorites and therefore risk getting cut by the Bears. So why should the judge bother to side step his feelings? He saw what happened. He could've not only done more at the scene (You're not going to do more harm than good holding pressure on a wound. Quit it with that ********, Bengals. No medic is going to get there and say, "What the...which idiot tried to stop the bleeding?!" If that's a hard line from first responders, it's probably to prevent bystanders from full on playing doctor, giving them medication, or something like that. Not to prevent people from holding pressure on a wound in a life or death situation. Give me a break!!), but he also lied about being a witness to a crime and withheld information initially - that's ******* obstruction of justice; Best case is a gross misdemeanor for making a false/misleading statement in a criminal investigation. You know what kind of **** he could've gotten into had he made those comments under oath? Fortunately for him he decided to cooperate and testify truthfully - only after the fact when it didn't hurt him.

Tank Johnson didn't do a damn thing to help Posey after he got shot that night. He didn't render "aid" when Posey was laying there dying. He didn't render "aid" by fully working with police to help bring justice for Posey. He didn't do anything for a guy he referred to as his "best friend." Instead, he kept his hands clean of the entire thing - all so he could play football. I'll only concede that calling him a coward was a tad - a slight sliver - over the line, but there is no way in hell that Tank Johnson's actions that night were anything but self-preserving.

So tell me again, why Tank Johnson, a repeat offender before then and since, didn't deserve a little tongue lashing from a judge?! Seriously Bengals?! Are you ******* serious?!

People really need to stop being so God damn sensitive! The guy is a judge - whether you like it or not, he has the authority to...wait for it...JUDGE! He thought Tank Johnson's behavior was wrong, and said so. That's it. You don't like it? Tough. Cause I'm sure the family of the actual victim got some closure by the judge saying those few sentences to the man who just sat on the sidelines while their loved one bled out in the middle of a night club and then was unwilling to help bring justice to their loved one all because he didn't want to get cut due to all the run ins with the law he's had.

But no, poor Tank Johnson may or may not have got his feelings hurt. Lets all ***** and moan about the bully of a judge. Give me a ******* break.

i agree completely. I cant say ive ever been shot at but the past year lving in Memphis ive heard lots of gunshots and i know i wouldnt stick around if i was the one being shot at, that said if i was being shot at and my friend got shot instead, screw running away im staying with them itd take a lot to keep me from going to the hospital with my friend let alone lie and go home. he deserves what he got plain and simple, maybe hes not a coward be he sure isnt an innocent victim here.
dj825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 860
Reputation: 22363
Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Nobody got hit and if somebody did i'm 99% sure I would've stuck around and helped him until the amber lamps got there.
__________________

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.