Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-20-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought I'd profess my love for Todd Smith. One man, five bands, pure brilliance. <3

\m/\m/

Last edited by phlysac : 07-20-2010 at 11:28 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
He summed up my thoughts on scene music.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
He summed up my thoughts on scene music.
I'm so disconnected from this stage of life that I don't know what bands he might or might not be referencing. I remember ETID being a new band though. I liked their first album but didn't like Hot Damn and didn't bother with anything after that.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone has suggested to me that he is referencing The Millionaires, who make a bunch of songs about drinking and ******* and are scene kids to the max.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

actually nvm they aren't at warped tour

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 07-22-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I'm so disconnected from this stage of life that I don't know what bands he might or might not be referencing. I remember ETID being a new band though. I liked their first album but didn't like Hot Damn and didn't bother with anything after that.
Give some of it a chance. They aren't nearly as spastic as they were with Last Night in Town and Hot Damn and the "southern rock" influence has become more noteworthy. A handful of their songs have been too melodic for my taste but in my opinion there are still alot of really great songs in their library, post-Hot Damn.

Here's a couple to chew on...

Old 07-24-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not gonna lie, the new Ozzy CD is pretty good.
I just got Stampede by HellYeah the other day too.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New MoH game cover. It has Linkin Park doing the soundtrack.
What the **** EA!
That is clearly Zakk Wylde on the cover so it should be BLS!

That said, Order of the Black comes out August 10th.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
not gonna lie, the new Ozzy CD is pretty good.
I just got Stampede by HellYeah the other day too.
You like Hellyeah? Boo this man!

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-02-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Torche is playing here next week. If you haven't listened to them, do so. They are sludge metal riffs with these sorta poppy vocal melodies.

Cynic and Intronaut will be in Orlando next week also but I'm not going. Both bands are good bands that I appreciate but I don't "dig" like a lot of people do. also I have no one to go with anyways.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 08-02-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Torche is playing here next week. If you haven't listened to them, do so. They are sludge metal riffs with these sorta poppy vocal melodies.

Cynic and Intronaut will be in Orlando next week also but I'm not going. Both bands are good bands that I appreciate but I don't "dig" like a lot of people do. also I have no one to go with anyways.
Torche opened up for Isis the first time I saw them. I wasn't impressed.

And I'm a real big Intronaut fan but don't really care for Cynic too much. Dunno why.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-02-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

ya I saw Cynic with BTBAM and I liked their performance, but they don't really wow me like they do some people.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 08-07-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

theres a free doom/metal festival here tomorrow, im going to see goatsnake, corrosion of conformity, eagle twin, black breath, repulsion and a few others, should be noisy!
Old 08-07-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
theres a free doom/metal festival here tomorrow, im going to see goatsnake, corrosion of conformity, eagle twin, black breath, repulsion and a few others, should be noisy!
coc is a favorite of mine. Deliverance is one of my personal all time favorite albums.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post

New MoH game cover. It has Linkin Park doing the soundtrack.
What the **** EA!
That is clearly Zakk Wylde on the cover so it should be BLS!

That said, Order of the Black comes out August 10th.

Sounds like old school Zakk from the No rest for the Wicked days. I might check this one out.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Enjoy!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Mike Portnoy has quit Dream Theater:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=145749

O_O

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 09-08-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Portnoy has quit Dream Theater:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=145749

O_O

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Yeah he's been playing with Avenged Sevenfold for months now.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Yeah he's been playing with Avenged Sevenfold for months now.
Which is really just awful, their new Cd sucked dick more so then the last two. Mike def added some awesome drums to it tho.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just listened to the first Coheed and Cambria CD for the first time since I was in HS. Forgot how epic that album was.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I met coheed this year with my gf. Those guys are really awesome. Not the biggest fan of their music, but they put on a good show.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-30-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

The Ocean have set a November 09th North American release date through Metal Blade for their new album “Anthropocentric“. The effort is a companion piece to “Heliocentric‘, which arrived in stores earlier this year.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-30-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

I hated Heliocentric, hope Anthropocentric is better

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 10-01-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
I hated Heliocentric, hope Anthropocentric is better
There were about three songs off of Heliocentric that I liked with "Firmament" being the best by far off the album. I'm expecting good things from Anthropocentric.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter