Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-10-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
How many days a week you think Usain Bolt, Tyson *** or Asafa Powell take off? They are exposed to much much harder an stringent training regiments. Incorporating down weeks/ recovery weeks will give him the rest his muscles need. Proper periodization with progressive overload and the right stimulus will lead to max growth.
Ya I'm only 19 so i have tons of energy and i leave to play college football in less than a month so i figure i mine as well go as hard as i can to be in the best shape when i arrive there and hopefully impress the coaches.
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its why i'll always believe LDR are the toughest athletes and is the hardest sport out there.
Swimming for an hour is 1000x times hard than running for an hour.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBryant833 View Post
Ya I'm only 19 so i have tons of energy and i leave to play college football in less than a month so i figure i mine as well go as hard as i can to be in the best shape when i arrive there and hopefully impress the coaches.
Nah, definitely take a day off. It's not about energy, it's letting your body repair.

I was the same way, but now I'm working out 5/7 days a week and I'm getting much better results.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
You guys who think long distance running is easy are out of your mind, its very tough. Every sport can be tough to do.
I've always had a much easier time with sprints. As long as you limit your resting time, sprints can do a good job for conditioning.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know those days when you are lifting and you just arent feeling it. Like you have lifted more at a certain exercise yet you are struggling to do more weight then your max. They suck.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
You know those days when you are lifting and you just arent feeling it. Like you have lifted more at a certain exercise yet you are struggling to do more weight then your max. They suck.
Take a pre workout on those days. They will get you amped to lift
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sumo deads today........1st real test for my knee
Old 07-20-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yo Rob are you on any specific program? or are you just free lanceing it while you see how your knee feels?
Old 07-20-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I always have those since a lot of times I have to workout after work sometimes as late as 1:00 am since my gym is 24 hours. The other day I was really hitting a block. I was struggling doing my normal 10 rep 225 sets. It was pretty scary after I finished I kind of realize that I was half asleep. I couldn't even remember doing the reps. Haha scary stuff and not safe at all.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sprained my my right wrist. Now both of them are useless, still going strong!!

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Down to 196.5 from 208 as of this morning.

Feeling good!

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Need to bulk up after my half marathon. Down to 148, haven't been this light since freshman year of college.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

westside barbell for skinny bastards and a gallon of whole milk a day will do the trick.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...rds-part1.html

I did that and a gallon of whole milk and gained about 10 pounds in a month. I saw gains in every single workout that I did as well. It is very flexible which is great also. I platued weight wise so I am going to need to kick up the calories to keep gaining weight.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...rds-part1.html

I did that and a gallon of whole milk and gained about 10 pounds in a month. I saw gains in every single workout that I did as well. It is very flexible which is great also. I platued weight wise so I am going to need to kick up the calories to keep gaining weight.
Ya i know how to pack on the pounds. Ive been up to 175 at my highest. Joe D is a solid coach i apply a lot of the westside methods when i am in a weightlifting phase.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yeah the workout is great.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I always have those since a lot of times I have to workout after work sometimes as late as 1:00 am since my gym is 24 hours. The other day I was really hitting a block. I was struggling doing my normal 10 rep 225 sets. It was pretty scary after I finished I kind of realize that I was half asleep. I couldn't even remember doing the reps. Haha scary stuff and not safe at all.
thats downright dangerous dude. Be safe. I think that is because of extreme exhaustion, while mine was just not feeling it that day.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Quote:
yeah the workout is great.
Ya you cant go wrong with him or Christian Thibadeau

Old 07-20-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

what is that? I am not familar with him.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Quote:
what is that? I am not familar with him.
He's one of the best guys in the industry right now. He has his own section on tmuscle.com and has his own website http://www.christianthibaudeau.com/ definitely one of the best minds right now and trying to find the best ways to maximize growth.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Swimming for an hour is 1000x times hard than running for an hour.
Very true. Whoever said LDR is hard obviously ran cross country in high school.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
He's one of the best guys in the industry right now. He has his own section on tmuscle.com and has his own website http://www.christianthibaudeau.com/ definitely one of the best minds right now and trying to find the best ways to maximize growth.
The big difference I noticed is that WSB4SB is free, while that guy program costs $34.95. Ill go w/ WSB4SB lol
Old 07-20-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The big difference I noticed is that WSB4SB is free, while that guy program costs $34.95. Ill go w/ WSB4SB lol
Oh ya i just meant for information. Defranco has a solid combine workout program i got a hold of a few months ago.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think its about time i switch up my workout and looking for a new lifting routine, any suggestions?

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly this is coming from a guy who probably cant run around his block without having to walk. Tell me what do athletes usually dread most? It is running. In soccer everyone bitched an moaned to find a way out of the warm up laps before practice. Athletes hate running sprints. You know why? Cause running is ******* hard and it hurts. There is nothing forgiving about it. Lance Armstrong is even proof he said marathoning is harder than anything he has ever done.
lol what a douchebag...the guy refutes your ridiculous statement of 'running is the hardest sport' and you start insulting his own fitness? Are you 8 years old, seriously...

Are you the same poster who threw a hissyfit after ranking the Saints 13th in your power list? If so, jeez.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote