Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:36 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
people act like the guy has come out of nowhere and he dosent have a high ceiling. the dude posted 17 sacks his senior year of college too.
Most fans only know numbers. Doom spent a few years on a complete bag-o-**** d-line and stats suffered accordingly. What most fans dont know is that he was the closest Bronco to the QB on almost every passing down that he was in on.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
this is why i love the guy. best motor i've ever seen for a guy who was too small, to slow, and all around not good enough coming out.
guys with a high motor are hard to not like. everyone, especially me, loves a player who gives it his all on every down.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:28 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Most fans only know numbers. Doom spent a few years on a complete bag-o-**** d-line and stats suffered accordingly. What most fans dont know is that he was the closest Bronco to the QB on almost every passing down that he was in on.
this is why i love the guy. best motor i've ever seen for a guy who was too small, to slow, and all around not good enough coming out.
I think everybody loves the way Dumervil plays, but that doesn't change the fact that they overpaid for him. Most people just seem to assume that he'll automatically mature into a complete OLB because "last year was his first in the 3-4 and he can only get better at setting the edge or dropping back into coverage.". Well, there are plenty of examples of players that excelled their first year and then dropped off the face of the earth. Kamerion Wimbley comes to mind. Also, I think that Mike Nolan was a big part of his production last year. I know that Dumervil has been productive his entire career, but just can't see him playing as well as this contract asks him to. But we'll see.. I'll either look like a complete d-bag or a ******* genius in a couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I think everybody loves the way Dumervil plays, but that doesn't change the fact that they overpaid for him. Most people just seem to assume that he'll automatically mature into a complete OLB because "last year was his first in the 3-4 and he can only get better at setting the edge or dropping back into coverage.". Well, there are plenty of examples of players that excelled their first year and then dropped off the face of the earth. Kamerion Wimbley comes to mind. Also, I think that Mike Nolan was a big part of his production last year. I know that Dumervil has been productive his entire career, but just can't see him playing as well as this contract asks him to. But we'll see.. I'll either look like a complete d-bag or a ******* genius in a couple of years.
Doom is the ONLY player on the Broncos def that opposing offensive coordinators have to fear, or alter their game plan for. That used to be Champ, but not anymore. Elite defensive backs or pass-rushers limit what an offense can do, or would like to do. If the Broncos didnt pay him, and he left, this defense would be significantly worse. Buying in a free agent of his caliber costs just as much as resigning him to this contract, and thats if you can convince them to come to Denver. Add to the fact that he is a stand-up guys and someone for the younger players to model themselves on, and I completely disagree that the Broncos overpaid.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Eh. Comparing him to Wimbley is weak. First off, Dumervil has been productive even before this switch and that was as a 43 defensive end, a tougher position for him due to his size and second off, Dumervil was many multitudes better than Wimbley was his rookie year (and this is coming from a Raider fan who hopes Wimbley can produce this season).

Mike Nolan was a big part the Broncos' quick assimilation of the 34 defense, but don't credit him for Dumervil. Nolan doesn't have a history of making pass rusher more productive (Lawson peaked at what, 3 sacks under Nolan?) and Dumervil was around the quarterback constantly last season. It's his motor that made those 17 sacks, not some pixie dust from Nolan.

Did Denver overpay? Perhaps, but in a capless year that criticism carries almost no meaning whatsoever. Would not paying him and letting him walk (to get the same amount of money elsewhere) have been a better decision? **** no.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 07-25-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That doesn't even address the fact that you couldn't call Shawne Merriman (when he was dominant), Lamarr Woodley, or even Demarcus Ware "complete" linebackers in all honestly.

Dumervil is a dominant edge rusher and that's all he will ever really be asked to do.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Dumervil is a dominant edge rusher and that's all he will ever really be asked to do.
Agreed.

Why ask him to do anything else when he is such a great pass rusher?

It worked for the Chiefs and DT.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
essentially your reasoning boils down to: he's like, totally overpaid because i only looked at last season's stat line and didn't even know who he was prior to that, therefore he can't possibly be any good down the line because he's not demarcus ware.

flawless interpretation of the evidence, but then, i expect yet another reply wherein you again say nothing of value because how can you when you don't actually know what you're talking about.
So essentially your reasoning boils down to: I'm sure you just looked at his stats from last year and furthermore I assume you've never seen the guy play. Classic stuff right there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure this thread boils down to: what this thread boils down to.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Bad Boy
Rookie

Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy

Talented player playing for a bad team.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Boy View Post
Talented player playing for a bad team.
And???????

I really don't see what that has to do with anything.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Bad Boy
Rookie

Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
And???????

I really don't see what that has to do with anything.
M just sayin...
Old 07-26-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody that says a player got better because of Mike Nolan needs to have their football watching privileges revoked.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote