Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-30-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Can someone link me to a place where I can download a Project64 so I can play emulators? I can't find a good one. I need Pokemon Stadium 2!
Yup, I put up all the Pokemon related emulator stuff about 10 posts earlier. Can also get emulators for anything.

edit: okay, I miscalculated, about 20 posts earlier.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
WHAAT!

Tauros is bad ass. Fast and high attack.

Earthquake/Body Slam/Hyperbeam/Blizzard = unstoppable
Amatuer... Tauros is all attack, Blizzard, Earthquake, and Hyper Beam are all Special attack moves so they do nothing for him. Also, he is a normal type Pokemon, so he only gets "stab" for Body Slam.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
listen here, my team of balance is very...balanced! and will dominate you. my best ever team was in my original pokemon blue when I was young. I had:
Blastoise, Haunter, Pidgeot, Arcanine...and ****, I dont even remember. but those 4 just ran house. I think Haunter was missingno cheat and was level 100...but STILL!

I'll show off my balance and beat yo ass in our draft. Which if it isn't set up by the time I'm home from work (4ish) I'll set it up.
Your problem is you are still in the old days of Pokemon. The game is so much deeper now. But I guarantee you I could put together 10 different teams that I have right now that would beat your team.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Amatuer... Tauros is all attack, Blizzard, Earthquake, and Hyper Beam are all Special attack moves so they do nothing for him. Also, he is a normal type Pokemon, so he only gets "stab" for Body Slam.
what happens if you face a Rhydon or an Exeggutor or a Gengar? you need a counter for them.

Hyper beam is also normal.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your problem is you are still in the old days of Pokemon. The game is so much deeper now. But I guarantee you I could put together 10 different teams that I have right now that would beat your team.
I am very old school when it comes to pokemon. I was reluctant to play Gold and Silver. they were good games though. But past that? no way! I'm all about the original 151. I go old school with balance. It'd be interesting. I'm not all in depth like you, but you bet your ass I know my **** and I'll give you one hell of a fight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
what happens if you face a Rhydon or an Exeggutor or a Gengar? you need a counter for them.

Hyper beam is also normal.
Hyper Beam is normal, but it is a special attack move. All those moves are good and ****, but they don't work well on Tauros because he is attack based. Maybe you are talking about old school Pokemon, but old school is way too easy.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

I am super confused as to how to work these emulators.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol at prock. It's very clear that almost everybody in this thread has a lot of knowledge from the original RBY versions. I'm not saying that you guys don't know a lot about pokemon, but the game has changed a lot and gone into much more depth. Hyper Beam, for example...yes it is a normal attack in the original games, but in the next generation, attacks have two "types". The first is the type you are familiar with (Electric, Fire, Normal, etc.), but the second is a characterization as to whether the attack is physical or special. Physical attacks relate to a pokemon's attack stat, and special attacks relate to the pokemon's Special Attack (Special is now split into Special Attack and Special Defense)

Hyper Beam is a Normal, Special attack. So while Tauros would get a bonus for the same type (normal), his special attack is low and so he wouldn't do much with it.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Lol at prock. It's very clear that almost everybody in this thread has a lot of knowledge from the original RBY versions. I'm not saying that you guys don't know a lot about pokemon, but the game has changed a lot and gone into much more depth. Hyper Beam, for example...yes it is a normal attack in the original games, but in the next generation, attacks have two "types". The first is the type you are familiar with (Electric, Fire, Normal, etc.), but the second is a characterization as to whether the attack is physical or special. Physical attacks relate to a pokemon's attack stat, and special attacks relate to the pokemon's Special Attack (Special is now split into Special Attack and Special Defense)

Hyper Beam is a Normal, Special attack. So while Tauros would get a bonus for the same type (normal), his special attack is low and so he wouldn't do much with it.
Thanks, that is what I have been trying to say :)

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hyper Beam is normal, but it is a special attack move. All those moves are good and ****, but they don't work well on Tauros because he is attack based. Maybe you are talking about old school Pokemon, but old school is way too easy.
yeah im old school, but I'm probably going to try out a new one on an emulator.

Usual team: Alakazam/Tauros/Jolteon/Rhydon/Exeggutor/Starmie.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off, I am so down for a Poke-Draft. Second, I have been playing Yellow all day. I hate it, all my friends use their DSs to play the new ones, idk why I am friends with them. I keep telling them Blue, Red and Yellow are the way to go but they don't listen.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good news: Just added a water pokemon to my team.

Bad news: It's Magikarp. Hopefully Level 20 comes fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am super confused as to how to work these emulators.
1. Download emulator.
2. Save file somewhere easily accessible (like Desktop).
3. Download individual ROM.
4. Save file somewhere easily accessible (like Desktop).
5. Open up Project64, click File - Open (or maybe load, not sure on this), and then click the previously downloaded ROM.
6. Game loads, success!

**7. Go to options - controls, and adjust everything the way you want it to be.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I hadn't traded in my N64, I would be playing Stadium all day today

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
First off, I am so down for a Poke-Draft. Second, I have been playing Yellow all day. I hate it, all my friends use their DSs to play the new ones, idk why I am friends with them. I keep telling them Blue, Red and Yellow are the way to go but they don't listen.
That's because the new ones are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Good news: Just added a water pokemon to my team.

Bad news: It's Magikarp. Hopefully Level 20 comes fast.
Magikarp levels up so slowly, but Gyarados is so ******* good it is worth it.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your problem is the new Pokemon is ***. First generation was ******* amazing, second was acceptable, anything past that is ***.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Your problem is the new Pokemon is ***. First generation was ******* amazing, second was acceptable, anything past that is ***.
I thought that too until I played the new ones. They are so much more in depth. The old ones are ******* awesome, don't get me wrong, but the new ones you can play forever without really starting over.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Magikarp already at level 14!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
1. Download emulator.
2. Save file somewhere easily accessible (like Desktop).
3. Download individual ROM.
4. Save file somewhere easily accessible (like Desktop).
5. Open up Project64, click File - Open (or maybe load, not sure on this), and then click the previously downloaded ROM.
6. Game loads, success!

**7. Go to options - controls, and adjust everything the way you want it to be.
It says there is no image on my zip file?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bjones9
Rookie

bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bjones9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKmBM...ayer_embedded#!
bjones9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been playing yellow over the past week or so. I just got the 8th badge, here is my team:

Charizard
Blastoise
Venasuar
Pikachu
Primeape
Zapdos

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Magikarp already at level 14!!
Haha

What I would do is put him in first position so that he pops up at the beginning of battles, then immediately switch to one of my non-worthless guys and win. Then they split the XP. It's excellent. But he is sooooo f'ing worthless, it's unbelievable how he turns into something so awesome.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
MiWolves
Rookie

MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yayz for Pokemonz thread :D

My team is
Jolteon/Alakhazam/Charizard/Gyarados/Dragonite/Gengar :D
MiWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone in this thread is awesome.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played Red, Yellow, gold and silver, still break gold out on some vacations, but never even tried any of the new ones. Do the emulators for the newer ones work on macs?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote