Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-30-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
iworshipbender
Pro Bowler

iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ash is a ******. Red would **** his **** up.

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON
iworshipbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
You can only get Mankey early in Yellow version.
You could catch one in the route that the Day Care is on. I think Mankey was an exclusive back then, so it was only available on either Red or Blue. Dunno if you consider that early though.

But yeah, in Yellow, FireRed, and LeafGreen, you can catch them in the route right next to Viridian (Prolly what you're talking about). That's how I beat Brock after starting with Charmander if LG. That, and a Nidoran(M) who knew Double Kick. I think Charmander learns Metal Claw pretty early though, so the three of them usually did the job.

Also prock, for dissing Tauros, you're dead to me... DEAD!!! :'(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can only get Mankey early in Yellow version.
On the way from Viridian to Victory Road? He's not there? In the place with lots of Spearows?

I know it's possible in FireRed..but I always thought I did it in original red too?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a huge collector as a kid and loved the original games. This was my most prized possession when I was 8:

Old 07-30-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is false, your lack of Dragonite hurts me. Sudo-legendaries (i.e. Dragonite, Tyrannitar, Garchomp, Salamance, Metagross) are all above any other Pokemon except legendaries.
Dragonite is #6. I am biased for Jolteon because he's faster than like every damn pokemon, has a sick special attack and a Pin Missile attack that can do work on physics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I was a huge collector as a kid and loved the original games. This was my most prized possession when I was 8:

I had a Venosaur that I treasured....also got the Entei first edition they released with one of the movies. I felt so special :)
Old 07-30-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imma grab Yellow and go to work. Going to catch a Mankey and Pidgey...Mankeys spawn on the way to the Elite 4 or w/e?
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Imma grab Yellow and go to work. Going to catch a Mankey and Pidgey...Mankeys spawn on the way to the Elite 4 or w/e?
That's exactly where I catch em. Does a good job on Brock when you start with Pikachu or Charmander.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't want to derail, but the best game for VBA is Metroid: Fusion...Probably the best gameboy game ever, but I loved it when i was in middle school and these emulators were the shiz.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
You could catch one in the route that the Day Care is on. I think Mankey was an exclusive back then, so it was only available on either Red or Blue. Dunno if you consider that early though.

But yeah, in Yellow, FireRed, and LeafGreen, you can catch them in the route right next to Viridian (Prolly what you're talking about). That's how I beat Brock after starting with Charmander if LG. That, and a Nidoran(M) who knew Double Kick. I think Charmander learns Metal Claw pretty early though, so the three of them usually did the job.

Also prock, for dissing Tauros, you're dead to me... DEAD!!! :'(
We are talking about the first red and blue, and by early I meant in Virdian, and you can't catch em there in the first red and blue. Brock was easy even with just Charmander, just have a few potions and just ember the **** out of his guys til they get burned. I never had a problem. I beat him once with Rattata, since I ran through the entire game with only him. And Tauros is very very overrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
On the way from Viridian to Victory Road? He's not there? In the place with lots of Spearows?

I know it's possible in FireRed..but I always thought I did it in original red too?
No you can't get them there in Red and Blue, only in Yellow. In Fire and Leaf you can.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post

Mine was an original Charizard card I found in a pack, not bought separately. Then I got into Yu-Gi-Oh cards and traded my Charizard for like 6 beastly Yu-Gi-Oh cards, which ran **** for awhile, then I went back to Pokemon and was super pissed.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Yu-gi-Oh used to be the shiz

Old 07-30-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Ok caught Mankey and Nidoran male. Love the way Nidoking looks
Old 07-30-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nidoking had beastly stats but was always held back by a lack of good moves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
iworshipbender
Pro Bowler

iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone do nuzlocke runs?

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON
iworshipbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Nidoking had beastly stats but was always held back by a lack of good moves.
I make him my TM machine. Dig early....Strength, Earthquake, Toxic later....any others you pick up and want to use he typically works with.

He's just so beastly to get that early on.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And Tauros is very very overrated.
Says the guy who's talking about the greatness of Raticate. Tauros isn't even rated by most people. Not many people know good Tauros is. I picked him in the 1st Gen Pokedraft we did a while ago, and guys looked at me like I was nuts.

He's one of the best normal types there are sans the likes of Chan/Blissey and Snorlax, but they're walls unlike Tauros who's a sweeper. His high attack + speed makes him good, but the fact that his high speed in conjunction with STAB attacks like Body Slam gives him a better chance to render it's additional effect of paralyzing. So not only will it go first and inflict a lot of damage with that high attack, but it'll inflict more damage because it gets STAB, and it has a better chance to paralyze. And besides all that, he has good physical bulk.

He's taken a hit in the 4th Gen, but Tauros is a badass from 1st-3rd Gen.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who say Tauros is overrated have no idea what they're talking about. He basically defined competitive R/B/Y play because of his speed and STAB'd hyper beam.

Should I be ashamed to know this?
Old 07-30-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
People who say Tauros is overrated have no idea what they're talking about. He basically defined competitive R/B/Y play because of his speed and STAB'd hyper beam.

Should I be ashamed to know this?
There is no shame in this thread. It got checked at the door.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I make him my TM machine. Dig early....Strength, Earthquake, Toxic later....any others you pick up and want to use he typically works with.

He's just so beastly to get that early on.
I always used Toxic on my Gengar. Hypnosis/Dream Eater, Psychic, and Toxic...BEAST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I played Red, Yellow, gold and silver, still break gold out on some vacations, but never even tried any of the new ones. Do the emulators for the newer ones work on macs?
Anybody...anybody...bueller...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Anybody...anybody...bueller...
Yup, just have to download the right programs, they're not the same for Windows. The emulators, that is, the ROMs work just fine for both.

Here you go, mein liebes freund, emulators for Macs.
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/mac/

To get the ROM's, just go to Page 2 of this magnificent thread.

Unfortunately, there aren't Gamecube and Xbox and PS2 emulators for Mac, but there are N64 and Game Boy, though, and that's basically all I've ever used.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else play HG/SS on DS?

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Does anyone else play HG/SS on DS?
Heart Gold and Soul Silver? Never played them, but I have a young cousin who really likes them.

Are they any good?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Heart Gold and Soul Silver? Never played them, but I have a young cousin who really likes them.

Are they any good?
Yeah, they're really fun. Remakes of Gold and Silver obviously, like Leaf Green and Fire Red. I play with my younger cousin. We played it for days straight going through the game and battling when it was released.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote