Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-31-2010, 01:18 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
When did this thread come out????

I've gotten back into HG this summer and it's sick. If you do a little bit of research into it (God I feel nerdy), you realize there is more to training a pokemon than just leveling it up. There are EVs and Natures to worry about as well. I have two parties:
1st:
tyhphlosian, ampharos, blastoise, snorlax, torterra, kingdra
2nd: (being built now)
Gliscor, vaporeon, mismagias, scizor, gallade, blaziken

Im loving me some pokemon. Yesss
Yes sir! EVs are critical. Natures are critical. I have a few guys that I have spent forever breeding to get the perfect natures and then EV trained them. They ******* run ****. You feel like a nerd playing Pokemon, but ****, it is fun, and not real different then most other video games. Well yeah it is, but you get my point.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:22 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Yes sir! EVs are critical. Natures are critical. I have a few guys that I have spent forever breeding to get the perfect natures and then EV trained them. They ******* run ****. You feel like a nerd playing Pokemon, but ****, it is fun, and not real different then most other video games. Well yeah it is, but you get my point.
Breeding for natures sucks, luckily I have someone who is easily bribed to breeding my pokemon. Took them 6 hours to breed my Ralts to a Jolly nature. I don't understand IVs yet and idk if I will be willing to put the time in to breed for them.

I have had the hardest time breeding a Jolly/Adamant Gligar you have no idea. Seriously I have about 10 - 15 gligars that have the wrong nature. Assholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the better question is what were you doing using Gligar in the first place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I think the better question is what were you doing using Gligar in the first place?
To evolve it into a Gliscor. Flying/Ground with base 95speed/95 attack.
This is my test lineup, since after some research there are more battle strategies to pokemon than just giving a pokemon a moveset that is effective to the most type of pokemon (ex my Blastoise has surf/hydropump/icebeam/earthquake). So my Gliscor ideally will have Earthquake/roost/stealth rock/taunt (or something else). So I am trying to use moves other than just attack moves to do some damage, ex Gallade has moveset of substitute/swords dance/psycho cut/close combat.

Quote:
Old 07-31-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahhh see, I stopped playing after Silver and Gold. Didnt know he had an evolution that was actually worthwhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:16 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Ahhh see, I stopped playing after Silver and Gold. Didnt know he had an evolution that was actually worthwhile.
See, I did as as well. Then I picked up HG. Half the new pokemon I'm either like "wtf" or "dumb". Giscor is legit though

Quote:
Old 07-31-2010, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Pokeman

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:22 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

I honestly don't know if our generation will outgrow pokemon. We were raised with it, and for years have played it. It is a vital part of our childhood and IMO a lot of early friendships intergrated pokemon. Some people say it's stupid, but I think It has become something that connects 85% of the 90's kids.

Quote:
Old 07-31-2010, 02:37 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yurp.

You should check the new ones out. A lot got new evolutions. Murkrow>Honchkrow. Misdreavus>Mismagius. Tangela>Tangrowth. Lickitung>Lickilicky. Magneton>Magnezone. Electabuzz>Electivire. Magmar>Magmortar. Togetic>Togekiss. Eevee>Leafeon&Glaceon. Rhydon>Rhyperior. And on of my favorites, Sneasal>Weavile!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:16 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my favorites. He kicks ass and has 1 weakness.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:31 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the anime, Team Rocket just strapped some rockets onto a skyscraper and stole it. Then Ash and Volkner, the Sunnyshore City gym leader, jumped on the side of it mid-take off (while it was firing off like a space shuttle...you know, the kind you have to watch take off from a mile away because it's too dangerous to be any closer...), managed to sneak in, and then fought TR and blasted them off (Yo Team Rocket, I heard you like blasting off. So we defeated you on a rocket so you can blast off while you blast off). Then Volkner took over the controls of the rocket propelled skyscraper, flew it back to Sunnyshore, and then landed it perfectly.

...I ******* hate Pokemon world physics...

PS. Scizor is beast. Not only is it only weak to fire (although it's 4x), it resists 10 - 10!!!! - types. And poison doesn't even affect it at all. Not to mention it has Technician in the 4th Gen, which makes any move that has a base power of 60 or less get a 1.5x boost (ie. an attack that used to do 60 damage now does 90 damage). Not to mention, it gets Bullet Punch - a steel type priority move (goes first, like Quick Attack). So it has a priority move that gets a Technician and STAB boost. That's just evil man.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 07-31-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:32 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When did this thread come out????

I've gotten back into HG this summer and it's sick. If you do a little bit of research into it (God I feel nerdy), you realize there is more to training a pokemon than just leveling it up. There are EVs and Natures to worry about as well. I have two parties:
1st:
tyhphlosian, ampharos, blastoise, snorlax, torterra, kingdra
2nd: (being built now)
Gliscor, vaporeon, mismagias, scizor, gallade, blaziken

Im loving me some pokemon. Yesss
We all have our hang ups. I have to be one of, if not the biggest video game nerd on here. lol.

As for the pokemonzzz...You guys are going to make me, dust off the old collector book and take a peek. That's where it ends, though. I wont get back into this crap. haha. I'll admit, when I was like 12, there was nothing better than opening up one of those single packages and getting a holographic card. lol.

As for Monchamp...I remember my mom washed my holographic one, so I have that in my pokemon binder, all dried up and wilted and what not. ha. I was pissed. This thread brings back good memories.

edit...last thing, the new pokemon posted in this thread look so stupid. They dont fit in with the originals at all, they just look hokey.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:55 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

edit...last thing, the new pokemon posted in this thread look so stupid. They dont fit in with the originals at all, they just look hokey.
The 4th Gen legendaries ruined legendaries for me. There's like a dozen of them in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. That's just too many.

I love the legendary birds and dogs legendaries. Mythical enough to make them special, but not ubers that are godly in battles. Mewtwo, Lugia, and Ho-Oh were the epitome of legendaries for me. Then the 3rd Gen came out with more legendaries than usual. The Regi trio, Lati@s, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, and Deoxys. 10 is a lot for "legends," but still wasn't too over the top.

But the the 4th Gen comes out. Not only do they come out with 15 legendaries, they create a pokemon stronger than Mewtwo - Arceus. They all seem mass produced and over the top. What's the backstory with the likes of Heatran and Cresselia? Heatran was even in a movie and didn't do anything worth while - it was even under the control of a human. They also made the likes of Palkia (controls time), Dialga (controls space), Giratina (controls another dimension), and Arceus (creator of existence) too powerful according to their story lines. All have the same total stats as Mewtwo, while Arceus exceeds him, yet the 4 of them came out in one version. That's just too much. But apparently 4 of the strongest pokemon ever wasn't enough. They needed 11 others. Ugh...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Anybody...anybody...bueller...
http://www.bannister.org/software/kigb.htm

I used this to play on my mac and it worked for 1st/2nd gen games. Can't get the advance roms to work cause they won't save :/
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pokemon Black & White!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:26 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mankey kicks so much ass. He learns Low kick at level 9 and I ran threw Pewter Gym with him. He got owned by Misty tho, but at Vermilion he took down Surge's Raichu when he was 5 levels lower. word up.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iworshipbender View Post
Anyone do nuzlocke runs?
Yeah I tried once but I don't have the patience to grind really hard and battle really carefully to avoid faints. The other rules are cool though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Does anyone else play HG/SS on DS?
I played SS but I beat everyone and caught everything so I'm done with it. I don't really like the 2nd gen pokemon anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Pokemon Black & White!

Can't wait for my Dark/Ground cool croc.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Articuno wooped my ass. So I went and got Gloom, the only guy I have who can put Articuno to sleep, but he's too slow and Articuno just ice beams him to death. **** that, I'm gonna go duplicate some master balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Breeding for natures sucks, luckily I have someone who is easily bribed to breeding my pokemon. Took them 6 hours to breed my Ralts to a Jolly nature. I don't understand IVs yet and idk if I will be willing to put the time in to breed for them.

I have had the hardest time breeding a Jolly/Adamant Gligar you have no idea. Seriously I have about 10 - 15 gligars that have the wrong nature. Assholes.
Are you getting a Gardevoir or a Gallade?

I have two full boxes of Gibbles, none of them with the perfect nature for my Garchomp. I finally got the right natures, took the time to EV train him, took for ******* ever, and now I have an unbeatable Garchomp.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-31-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Articuno wooped my ass. So I went and got Gloom, the only guy I have who can put Articuno to sleep, but he's too slow and Articuno just ice beams him to death. **** that, I'm gonna go duplicate some master balls.
Articuno makes the elite four too easy. Dragonites get raped in the butthole by ice beam, a 4x weakness.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-31-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Are you getting a Gardevoir or a Gallade?

I have two full boxes of Gibbles, none of them with the perfect nature for my Garchomp. I finally got the right natures, took the time to EV train him, took for ******* ever, and now I have an unbeatable Garchomp.
Garchomp is an uber...it should be unbeatable.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Garchomp is an uber...it should be unbeatable.
He isn't unbeatable by other sudo-legendaries unless EV trained. The other Pokemon who have a chance at being faster than him are like Jolteon, Crobat, or Aerodactyl, and they have no shot at one hitting him. And he can one hit literally anyone.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-31-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When do the new games come out? I may have to start playing the new ones and not just red, blue and yellow

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
CLong4Heisman
Veteran

CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who wins in a 3 way battle between blastoise, charizard and venusaur?