Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
Chad Johnson_

STRENGTHS:

Speed, jumping ability, hands, dancing

WEAKNESSES:

Getting fined by the No Fun League

Overview-
He will beat you no matter what, so just give up....
I have a riddle for you...How do you stop #85?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Terence Newman:

Strengths: One of the fastest and quickest players in the league. Has great leaping ability, so getting a jump ball over him is close to impossible, just ask Plaxico Burres. Blankets the WR better than any CB in the league. Has solid hands for a CB. He is great in man-to-man as well as zone coverage. Is also a great punt returner. Although not the best tackler, when he does rap you up, its over, ask Reggie Bush. Uses great technique.

Weaknesses: Like I stated before, not the best tackler. He often puts his head down and just tries to have the ball carrier trip over it. Although he is a playmaker, without that many passes thrown his way, he doesn't get a lot of INTs, so INT production is not that great, although it is overrated. Gets a pass interference penalty every now and then. Sometimes bites on fakes he shouldn't.

Overview: Newman is a great all around CB who has few holes in his game. He does make mistakes on play fakes and head fakes every now and then, but not very often. Is sometimes overlooked because he doesn't have a lot of INTs, but he is an elite CB. SHould have been to 2 pro-bowls, yet he has none because he doesn't have that many INTs, while Jokes like DeAngelo Hall and Walt Harris get in because of INT numbers. Oh well, what can you do? Hopefully this year he will get the recognition he deserves.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post

RANDY MOSS

Strengths: Good Size and jumping ability. Has Great speed when he tries. Can take over a game. Has a afro. Smokes weed every so often.

Weaknesses: Is a distraction to the team. Doesnt try every play. Somtimes jogs routes. Hands Can be question able.

Overview: Was a great player in his early years with the Vikings. Has dropped off his play after his first year with Oakland. Was on pace to beat some of Rices records before he got traded.
nailed that scouting report
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I know you didn't say he is better then his brother.....hes the biggest bust ever.
I knew it would be misinterpted. What I said is, he could potentially win more Super Bowls than his brother. There is no way Eli Manning will EVER be up to his brothers Hall of Fame caliber play.

Also, I'd like to say, he's not a bust, unless I wouldn't consider Eli the worst bust in history being 11th total Passing Yards with 3,244. Also, he had 24 TD's. While he did have 18 interceptions, there were several QB's who threw more that would be considered better than him.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
I have a riddle for you...How do you stop #85?
Use duct tape (is there really anything that duct tape cant fix?)
Old 03-16-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I knew it would be misinterpted. What I said is, he could potentially win more Super Bowls than his brother. There is no way Eli Manning will EVER be up to his brothers Hall of Fame caliber play.

Also, I'd like to say, he's not a bust, unless I wouldn't consider Eli the worst bust in history being 11th total Passing Yards with 3,244. Also, he had 24 TD's. While he did have 18 interceptions, there were several QB's who threw more that would be considered better than him.
But people gave him so much hype, and now look at him. BUST

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And heres a brandon jacobs sig cause urs suck :P give me cred if your going to use it.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think I'm one of the few non-Giants Eli Manning supporters on here but to label him a BUST is a bit unfair. While you can say what you want about the NFC, the Giants were still in the playoffs for the past two seasons. Sure, he had the hype with the addendum of the namesake but I do not think he's a bust. It is unfair to compare all 4 first-round QBs from that draft class but I think some of Eli's struggles this season stemmed from injuries on the offense. He spent most of the year without his #2 WR in Toomer and Shockey was slowed by ankle injuries throughout the season. I think Eli will be a good QB, not a Hall of Famer or an annual Pro-Bowler but someone who will eventually get the job done.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
I think I'm one of the few non-Giants Eli Manning supporters on here but to label him a BUST is a bit unfair. While you can say what you want about the NFC, the Giants were still in the playoffs for the past two seasons. Sure, he had the hype with the addendum of the namesake but I do not think he's a bust. It is unfair to compare all 4 first-round QBs from that draft class but I think some of Eli's struggles this season stemmed from injuries on the offense. He spent most of the year without his #2 WR in Toomer and Shockey was slowed by ankle injuries throughout the season. I think Eli will be a good QB, not a Hall of Famer or an annual Pro-Bowler but someone who will eventually get the job done.
Yeah but he still had most his weapons and couldn't get the job done. Tiki (screens) burress, shockey for most of the season. He doesn't do good with pressure.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea calling Eli a bust is pretty ignorant. Not living up to the hype? Ok, but a bust? That is pretty ridiculous.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah but he still had most his weapons and couldn't get the job done. Tiki (screens) burress, shockey for most of the season. He doesn't do good with pressure.
LOL, Did you make up your own club Eli Hating club?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Yeah want to join? :]

Old 03-16-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Eli is slightly above average nothing great. And it has NOTHING to do with his last name or hype.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

BRIAN WESTBROOK

Strengths
*Has Amazing Speed
*Is very nifty
*Hits the hole with authority
*Great hands out of the backfield
*Shows signs of work ethic
*Has patience on and off the field
*Doesn't mind being seldom used when he shouldn't

Weaknesses
*Doesnt have idle size for an RB
*Came out of a bad CFB program at 'Nova
*We dont know if he can handle 22+ carries on average

Overview
If you ask me this guy is our next Marshall Faulk, just used less in the run game. He is a home run type player and can never be slept on coming out of the backfield whether he's running, or receiving. Put a linebacker on him, and he LB with end up sneezing after they're left dusted.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

You could take into consideration how much the giants actually lost trading up for him Eli though...they would have been better off wiht rivers i think, i thought he was the better prospect coming out that year anyway. He sure hasnt lived up to the hype or his name...but personally im not ready to call him a bust until he under peforms Losman....then your a bust

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

Athrun340 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
Tom Brady
----
Weaknesses: Slow release, slow at picking up defense, EVERYTHING HE DOES IS SLOW

^lol thats what weiss and BB had on him when he came in as a rookie and Brady saw it

haha lol that was funny
Old 03-16-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
You could take into consideration how much the giants actually lost trading up for him Eli though...they would have been better off wiht rivers i think, i thought he was the better prospect coming out that year anyway. He sure hasnt lived up to the hype or his name...but personally im not ready to call him a bust until he under peforms Losman....then your a bust
What's wrong with Losman? He had a pretty decent year last year and was ranked number 11 overall in passer rating. He's beginning to become a very serviceable quarterback and could become good to very good in a couple years.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athrun340 View Post
haha lol that was funny
heres more

Quote:
It is lucky Brady was drafted at all. A scouting report written before the draft sized up Brady this way: "Poor build, very skinny and narrow, lacks mobility and the ability to avoid the rush, lacks a really strong arm."
Quote:
It was a rare diversion for Brady, who spends the off-season in Boston and goes to work 10 months a year. He has added 25 pounds of muscle to his frame since joining the NFL and strengthened his arm.

“The farthest you probably ever throw in a game is 50 to 55 yards,” says Brady. "I mean, I could throw it probably 70, if I really get into one."

i love this:
Quote:
"I was leaving late one night, and this tall skinny kid approached me holding a pizza box. I said, "I know who you are; you're Tom Brady, sixth-round pick from Michigan," and he replied, 'and I'm the best decision this organization has ever made.' I was stunned. The amazing thing is he didn't say it to be arrogant...he was sincere...I went home and told everyone about it." - Bob Kraft

Last edited by remix 6 : 03-16-2007 at 09:15 PM.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
It's too early for me to decide whether Rivers would've been better in NY, Eli wasn't going to play for SD though so I don't think it's really debateable.

Losman is an unfair comparision as well, if you want to look at it from the opposite side. Losman is starting to come around as a good starting QB but he was more of a project coming out of college than Eli was. You have to compare Eli to Philip, I would assume. Ben Roethlisberger as well, but I think Eli can be better than him. Right now, Ben wins off the SB ring and experience but all four QBs can be good-to-great starters.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How can you say he's a bust when he's only just finished his third year...

The fact is the guy's got no offensive line and an abhorrible defense. The poor kid is always playing from behind with no protection. He's got a lot of potential, that scouting report was accurate, he needs protection and he needs to be tutored into not losing his mechanics at pivotal times.

People hate this kid so much just because he wouldn't go to san diego, he made a mistake, he was a young kid and didn't get the guidance he should've from the people around him. Give him a break, and give him a chance to develop.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maurice Drew

Strengths: Overall greatness. The lovechild of Aphrodite and Hercules (long story), so he's got good genes. Once threw a football over them mountains and caught it, thereby making more money than Uncle Rico did in five seconds. A renowned horse assassin, particularly of the Colt type. His hands are so good, Ticky-tack is said to be secreted from his hands, providing another good source of money. Godzilla ain't got poop on him.

Weakness: Friend of Keak Da Sneak.

Comments: May also be heir to the throne of the Roman Empire, as well as King of Athens (unconfirmed). Was to be the original Clark Kent, but they felt sympathetic for the guy in the wheelchair. Clairvoyant pricks.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
How can you say he's a bust when he's only just finished his third year...

The fact is the guy's got no offensive line and an abhorrible defense. The poor kid is always playing from behind with no protection. He's got a lot of potential, that scouting report was accurate, he needs protection and he needs to be tutored into not losing his mechanics at pivotal times.

People hate this kid so much just because he wouldn't go to san diego, he made a mistake, he was a young kid and didn't get the guidance he should've from the people around him. Give him a break, and give him a chance to develop.
oh yeah and tiki runs so well with no line.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
More than likely people will do one on a player on their favorite team, whats wrong with me doing one on Favre?
nothing wrong with it.But Ive never met a Packer fan whos favorite player isnt Favre.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

http://web1.denverbroncos.com/resour..._vernon_AP.jpg

Name: Vernon Davis
Nickname: The Duke
Position: Tight End
Team: San Francisco 49ers
Draft: Round 1, Pick 6
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 253
College: Maryland
Number: 85
Expierience: 1 year, 8 games started

Positives: Incredible athletic ability...One of the most athletic tight ends I've ever seen...Amazing speed...Outstanding strength and power...Does not go down after first contact...Great Leaper...Playmaker

Negatives: Does not have the ideal height for a tight end...Normally has reliable hands but at times he has lapses of concentration and drops some easy ones.

Overview: One of my favorite players and one of the most athletically gifted players I've seen. A Maryland legend. There's no doubt that he has all the ability and he will be one of the best tight ends in the game for years to come. He really showed what he is capable of late in the season, once he was healthy. Vernon will be the primary target for Alex Smith next year, and with the lack of depth at TE in the NFC, I think he will have a great year and be a pro bowler.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 03-17-2007 at 02:55 AM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
The Ravens boast one of the most promising young WR duos in Mark Clayton and Demetrius Williams. The average observer will begin to wonder why there were a dozen WR's selected before him in the '06 draft. Ravens fans have already realized Ozzie pulled off yet another heist at the draft bank. Browns fans? Well, they've already accepted the fact that Travis Wilson was the wrong pick (again) and that Demetrius never wanted to play in Cleveland anyway.
Oh yeah forgot to say I love this post. And I love Demetrius Williams.