Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-03-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Only thing that sucks about pokemon games is the price. These things dont depreciate in value, because they dont make the GBA ones anymore. They're all $25+ used. Leafgreen was $29.
Can get cheaper ones on Ebay I am sure.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just finished the e4 on an original red emulator and am now booting up an emerald one

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Can get cheaper ones on Ebay I am sure.
Or fo free with emulators
Old 08-03-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Fat_Actor
Rookie

Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.

I think I am going to get HeartGold. When the original gold and silver games came out I went with gold. Im gonna have to get my Typhlosion back up to lv.100. Hey when I get my team set-up I will battle some of ya.
Fat_Actor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Started a new FireRed file on my day off yesterday...switching things up from my normal strategy and went with Squirtle to start. Main team right now is:

37 Blastoise
31 Kadabra (Psybeam 1 hit killed Surge's Raichu! Muahaha!)
30 Fearow (Normally always go with the Pidgey chain, changing it up)
28 Growlithe (He's pretty weak...but want to get a more powerful attack than Ember before evolving)
29 Dugtrio (Caught in Diglett's cave for Surge, didn't even need him)
6 Paras (Cut and Flash...)

One problem with not taking Charmander became quickly apparent...I had no one to teach Cut to. ****. I'm thinking about catching a Cubone in the tower and teaching him cut, he can learn it iirc.

Then I'm bringing aboard Jolteon. Going to beat the e4 with no legendaries first time through.

Btw, just beat the Celadon gym and got the Silph scope...that's where I'm at right now.

Last edited by BeerBaron : 08-03-2010 at 02:19 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume for cut. They are acceptable grass substitutes until you get Fly and Jolteon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to be starting a new game in Soul Silver, but I might breed/transfer some pokemon to start the next game with. What should my final lineup be (I don't want to use any legendaries)? I like Metagross, Gengar, and Swampert, but the rest is up in the air. I'm considering Togekiss (with Serene Grace), Arcanine or maybe Jolteon. Any suggestions?

Last edited by badgerbacker : 08-03-2010 at 02:37 PM.
badgerbacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I use Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume for cut. They are acceptable grass substitutes until you get Fly and Jolteon.
I usually don't do a grass type in regular playthroughs. If I was trying to create an uber team for battling other people, I'd probably think otherwise, but I think the main game itself is easy to get through without a grass.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
MiWolves
Rookie

MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I'm going to be starting a new game in Soul Silver, but I might breed/transfer some pokemon to start the next game with. What should my final lineup be (I don't want to use any legendaries)? I like Metagross, Gengar, and Swampert, but the rest is up in the air. I'm considering Togekiss (with Serene Grace), Arcanine or maybe Jolteon. Any suggestions?
Jolteon all the way.. He's literally the best electric type pokemon that i can think of. Make sure he's a timid nature to be effective.

Last edited by MiWolves : 08-03-2010 at 02:43 PM.
MiWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Well you have:
Psychic/Steel
Ghost/Poison
Water/Ground
so far...

I like the three you have picked out. Togekiss has big SP. Attack as does Jolteon (plus great speed and even better with the right nature/ev train) and Arcanine gives you a solid fire.

Only problem is that you have 3 guys weak to ground (Metagross, Arcanine and Jolteon), but you do cover all types very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just bred a Machop who is quick tempered and jolly so he has bonus attack and speed, so now I am just gonna EV train it and rape everything.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-03-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just bred a Machop who is quick tempered and jolly so he has bonus attack and speed, so now I am just gonna EV train it and rape everything.
How does the stuff like "quick tempered" or "scatters things often" effect the pokemon? I know nature adds and subtracts I think like 10%, but I havent read what the other does.

Quote:
Old 08-03-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
How does the stuff like "quick tempered" or "scatters things often" effect the pokemon? I know nature adds and subtracts I think like 10%, but I havent read what the other does.
I'm not sure what the numbers are on it, but I do know it helps raise stats at a faster rate, just like natures do.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-03-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Only thing that sucks about pokemon games is the price. These things dont depreciate in value, because they dont make the GBA ones anymore. They're all $25+ used. Leafgreen was $29.
Wow really? where are you buying your games from? I can get emerald for 20 and LG/FR for 15.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm not sure what the numbers are on it, but I do know it helps raise stats at a faster rate, just like natures do.

They are all calculated into IVs...which I don't quite understand. I think if I did, I would probably shell myself up playing pokemon until I had the ultimate team with perfect IVs and EVs lol

Quote:
Old 08-03-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
They are all calculated into IVs...which I don't quite understand. I think if I did, I would probably shell myself up playing pokemon until I had the ultimate team with perfect IVs and EVs lol
Haha yeah. I just realized that my Macho Brace is on my Platinum version and I don't have a method of trading right now lol. Damnit, I may need to hold off on Machamp. I need to teach him Thunder and Ice Punch from the move tutor too, so I will have to wait til I can trade. What to do now then....

What I really want to do is start over Fire Red version so I can raise a sick team and then Migrate them up, but my little brother is in the middle of it. I guess I will have to resist the Poke-urges for a bit and just play more NCAA.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:

Last edited by prock : 08-03-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Haha yeah. I just realized that my Macho Brace is on my Platinum version and I don't have a method of trading right now lol. Damnit, I may need to hold off on Machamp. I need to teach him Thunder and Ice Punch from the move tutor too, so I will have to wait til I can trade. What to do now then....

What I really want to do is start over Fire Red version so I can raise a sick team and then Migrate them up, but my little brother is in the middle of it. I guess I will have to resist the Poke-urges for a bit and just play more NCAA.
Steal his ****, thats what I did to my sister (she was gutting her game as well). I sold all her items to have enough coins to buy moves like thunderbolt, icebeam flamethrower as well as a porygon...boy was she pissed lol

Quote:
Old 08-03-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
lol...I miss the old days where me and my brother each had a GB color and I had a link cable. I had Red and Gold, he had Blue and Silver, and we each played through Yellow then it came to be mine. I could trade whoever I wanted wherever I wanted with ease, plus 5 games to work with.....sick.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Wow really? where are you buying your games from? I can get emerald for 20 and LG/FR for 15.
First GBA game I ever bought. Used at EB games.

I just picked up the DS yesterday.

edit...

also...is Beedrill fully evolved at Beedrill? I'm about to face Misty in my playthrough...I really need to get a electrified dude in there and may just store him. haha.

Also, if you buy the fish from that one dude...I need to give him an attack, correct? I forget, I havent played in years and I havent taken him out of storage, but doesnt he only have splash or something?

I'm astounded at how much I remember of this game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-03-2010 at 04:01 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Beedrill is all the farther he evolves yes, and the Magikarp you bought from the guy sucks. It only knows splash, and will learn tackle after a while but it's a ***** to raise.

However, if you want an awesome water type early on, give the Magikarp to the day care man after you beat Misty, and come back when it is about level 20...take it out, raise it one level and BAM! Gyarados! Teach it Water Pulse and it'll learn Bite. He's a beast that early in the game.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hows it gonna learn tackle? His splash doesnt do anything.

Thanks for the advice...sounds great. I knew it turned into Gyrados so that's why I got it. Even though, you can just as easily catch one, when you get the rod.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-03-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
You have to start with Magikarp out fighting and swap him out so he gets half experience. Just use the Day Care, it is the easiest method.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-03-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
You have to start with Magikarp out fighting and swap him out so he gets half experience. Just use the Day Care, it is the easiest method.
Oh god...what a pain in the ass. lol. Okay I gotcha. Thanks guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-03-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

Thanks for the advice...sounds great. I knew it turned into Gyrados so that's why I got it. Even though, you can just as easily catch one, when you get the rod.
I don't think you can catch a Gyarados until you have the Super Rod pretty late in the game. Doing it this way gets you one much earlier on.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I mean catching a magikarp, instead of paying for one.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS