Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-03-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Louie continues to be better than It's Always Sunny has ever been.
whoa whoa whoa...whoa. whoooooooooa....whoa...
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe that's because IASIP is vastly overrated on these boards.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:29 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Very quick top favorite Simpsons episodes

1a. Homer at the Bat (Softball)
1b. Last Exit to Springfield
2. Hank Scorpio/Globex episode
3. Stonecutters episode
4. Mr. Plow
5. Marge vs the Monorail
6. 22 Short Stories about Springfield (Pulp Fiction spoof is so awesome)
7. Flaming Moe's
8. Simpsons Go To New York
9. Homer's Barbershop Quartet
10. Krusty Gets Kancelled

Probably butchered a lot of episode titles, but you get the idea, I think.
Two of my favorites that you did not mention are Homer Badman (Candy convention/sexual harassment) and Homer the Vigilante (cat burglar episode)

Quote:
I disagree. But it's no big deal.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baywatch is on Comedy Central, preparation for the roast of Davd Hasselhoff on Sunday.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:39 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Louie is great, but IASIP is greater.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:28 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

u people didnt like the HOMR episode?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You shut your damn mouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt say IASIP is overrated on these boards at all. You have two people who gush over it and a lot more who try and tear it down. So really, where does this overrating come from?
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
I wouldnt say IASIP is overrated on these boards at all. You have two people who gush over it and a lot more who try and tear it down. So really, where does this overrating come from?
Very few try to tear it down actually (hell I don't, I just try to say that isn't as good as people think it is). If anything, people probably do it to **** with APS since he loves it so much.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Blasphemy!

BTW did anyone else notice Charlie Day doing feature film comedies/buddy movies now? He was in an Applebee's or some restaurant chain commercial too.

After the Kitten Mittens therapy, he's tanned, he's rested, he's ready! Charlie is going large!!
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp
Very quick top favorite Simpsons episodes

1a. Homer at the Bat (Softball)
1b. Last Exit to Springfield
2. Hank Scorpio/Globex episode
3. Stonecutters episode
4. Mr. Plow
5. Marge vs the Monorail
6. 22 Short Stories about Springfield (Pulp Fiction spoof is so awesome)
7. Flaming Moe's
8. Simpsons Go To New York
9. Homer's Barbershop Quartet
10. Krusty Gets Kancelled

Probably butchered a lot of episode titles, but you get the idea, I think.
Two of my favorites that you did not mention are Homer Badman (Candy convention/sexual harassment) and Homer the Vigilante (cat burglar episode)
Off the top of my head I don't know the episode name, but if between 12 episodes mentioned none are the Grimey episode, you both fail horribly at life. Please tell me I'm wrong...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Very few try to tear it down actually (hell I don't, I just try to say that isn't as good as people think it is). If anything, people probably do it to **** with APS since he loves it so much.
Pfft Gonzo and Fisch love it just as much as I do. As does McGee. It isnt my fault its the funniest show on TV.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Off the top of my head I don't know the episode name, but if between 12 episodes mentioned none are the Grimey episode, you both fail horribly at life. Please tell me I'm wrong...
That one is called "Homer's Enemy." "Homer's Phobia" is also a great episode.

One of my more favorite underrated episodes is "Mother Simpson".. The ending to that episode has to be the saddest moment of all ever on the Simpsons.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Pfft Gonzo and Fisch love it just as much as I do. As does McGee. It isnt my fault its the funniest show on TV.
I think the declaration of a show being "the funniest" on TV is a little out of hand. The type of humor on IASIP is different than, say, Psych, Community or 30 Rock which are all starkly different types of jokes.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brent nailed it.
Psych is more light hearted humor.
I dont watch enough network shows to really know, but I am guessing there is a lot of political based humor? (I know there used to be)
and IASIP is more dark and adult themed.
Personal Preferences

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
IASIP is not funnier than Curb.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-04-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IASIP is not funnier than Curb.
again, different type of writing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
again, different type of writing.
Not really.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-05-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IASIP is overrated when someone calls it the "BEST COMEDY OF ALL TIME" like APS did. Give me a break with that.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:37 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

It is the best. The show has no down moments. Constant hilarity. Ive seen every episode so many times and they just get more funny.
Quote:
Old 08-05-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

You're delusional.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got around to finishing up The Pacific. I definitely enjoyed the later episodes more then the early ones, but overall still a little disappointing.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
That one is called "Homer's Enemy." "Homer's Phobia" is also a great episode.

One of my more favorite underrated episodes is "Mother Simpson".. The ending to that episode has to be the saddest moment of all ever on the Simpsons.
Mother Simpson and Lisa's Substitute are both very good episodes and both aim to tug at the heart strings.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Always Sunny has had some down moments, but nothing that really hurts it too much.

I like Arrested Development more, and The Simpsons prime stuff, of course. I probably like Curb just as much. Futurama is up there, too. MST3K for a different kind of show. That's off the top of my head. The Critic is also gold.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:26 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Always Sunny has had some down moments, but nothing that really hurts it too much.

I like Arrested Development more, and The Simpsons prime stuff, of course. I probably like Curb just as much. Futurama is up there, too. MST3K for a different kind of show. That's off the top of my head. The Critic is also gold.
Wow, I love MST3K. My brother and I would watch it on like weekend afternoons alllll the time and just die laughing. I think part of it is that I also like watching horrible scifi/horror movies because they are hilarious, so it's like they are living my dream life and making hilarious comments.

But the Simpsons' first 12 or so seasons is where it's at for me. I watched every day, once at 5, again at 6, then sometimes a 3rd at 10. Then the new ones were on Sunday at 7. Everything from the past 5 ish years has been pretty awful, so I don't watch it regularly, but I try to catch it sometimes. The Simpsons is basically my childhood.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote