Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2010, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Absolutely pathetic to not be able to pass that.

Pick all the holes in Golic you want, he is still 47 and still got closer than Haynesworth has managed.

I could rock up now, with no ACL in my right knee and I could pass that test. Any person in decent shape should be able to pass that test, that is all it is designed to test, it isn't some test to prove you are an elite athlete, it is a test to show you have decent endurance and are in good enough shape to then go and train.

Probably the hardest part of the whole test is the wait in the middle that lets the lactic acid build up, the time and distance should present no challenge at all, remove that and tell them to run 600 yards and it is as basic a fitness test as you will get.

I'm fully of the opinion that this test was a measure for Shanahan to show who is boss and that Haynesworth's abysmally pathetic attempt at completing it and subsequent injury is just his way of pushing back. Hell Mt Cody passed a very similar test for the Ravens, it is not a difficult test, but Haynesworth is making his point, it hurts the team far more as I haven't seen anywhere that he isn't getting paid or is fineable whilst he sits out and fails the test, he is basically holding out in front of everyone.

This one is going to be very interesting, basically Shanahan is not letting his best player train or learn the defense to make a point, will be very interesting how long he is willing to let the sideshow run before he takes some action, either makes him train or sends him home, either way... the Redskins are successfully going into self destruct mode again.
Golic did not do the same test. Golic did a horsecrap version that's basically jogging for a minute.

...and you have no idea what you're talking about. Until you've actually done it, you can live in ignorance and keep thinking it's something any average schmuck can do. Take it from a guy who had to do it for a college football program: it's not easy unless you're built like a runner. If you have a lot of muscle mass, it's hard as hell. I could do it, but I had the advantage of not being a lineman.

...and Mt. Cody's test was the lineman test. IT WAS A TOTAL OF 150 YARDS (3 sets of 50) WITHOUT BENDING DOWN. Meanwhile, Fat Albert is being forced to do the same test as DBs and LBs...four times the length and touching the line with his hand.

Your Anti-Haynesworth bias is showing.

Last edited by Monomach : 08-04-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote