Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-15-2010, 04:15 AM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching, haven't slept. Haven't done this before with any sport.

Daly's pants are brazen.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:40 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rory McIlroy making a nice charge around the turn. Hopefully he can finish the round off strongly. I dont think any of the other 3 days will be this easy on the course.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McIlroy at -9 is a great start! If he avoids blowing up the rest of the tournament he should have a great shot at his first Major.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah he got out at a good time. The conditions definitely favoured early scoring and we'll see some of the later starters suffer. What he needs is good steady golf the next two days to give him a real chance going into Sunday. Tiger still looks his biggest threat and he loves St Andrews

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
John Daly is 7- after 11. Some start
That's classic John Daly. He'll play a round of 80 or more before it's over.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this course was supposed to be hard? These scores are ridiculous.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Played yesterday for the first time in probably 2+ years. Best hole was a bogey. Hit a slice into the woods. Punched it back on the fairway. Layed up with my sand wedge. Missed my par put, and bogeyed. I have a TERRIBLE slice. TERRIBLE.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Open is usually on a tough course, but every five years it's on St. Andrews on a course that's much easier, especially in great conditions like today. Expect the scores to get consistently higher though until the end of the tournament, with a very hard course on sunday.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Played yesterday for the first time in probably 2+ years. Best hole was a bogey. Hit a slice into the woods. Punched it back on the fairway. Layed up with my sand wedge. Missed my par put, and bogeyed. I have a TERRIBLE slice. TERRIBLE.
I know what you mean. I have recently given up on my driver because of it, only using my 3-wood to drive anymore.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can the winds please pick up?!?!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Can the winds please pick up?!?!
You got your wish and then some.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-16-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Me too, my slice is just horrendous, but I just had some different clubs given to me and haven't had a chance to try them out, I'm hoping they help out a little bit. They sure as hell couldn't hurt, I was out golfing last Friday, and hit a shot that was going about 30 yards left(I'm righty), and then it just sliced like crazy and ended up in the other fairway, probably 80 yards from where it started.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

This didn't totally cure my slicing but I started lining my right foot back about 3-4 in. while in my stance. It has helped. My misses are now both right and left but more of them go straight than before.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-16-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
This didn't totally cure my slicing but I started lining my right foot back about 3-4 in. while in my stance. It has helped. My misses are now both right and left but more of them go straight than before.
I plan on going to the driving range sometime soon, and am gonna tinker with my swing and will try this out, among other things.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:43 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oost is showing no indication that he'll fall apart today

Old 07-18-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the biggest cakewalk, trouncing Sunday I've seen in a while, they are usually close these days.

Louieeeeeeeeeeee..... dun dun dun-un, dun dun dun-un dun
Old 07-20-2010, 08:35 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I found this Open really boring. Bunch of no-names at the top, all the guys I was interested in seeing took themselves out of the competition the 2nd and 3rd days.

In other news I tried out a forged Titleist 6 iron at the range and really want some now.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-05-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bubba Watson fires a 64 in round 1 at the WGC-Bridgestone today, 2 ahead of Kenny Perry who is in with a 66.
Phyllis Mickelson currently one back of Perry despite jerking two short putts today.

Tiger tees off in a few minutes.
Who here roots for Tiger, against Tiger, or doesn't care?

In other golf news:

AKRON, Ohio – Robert Allenby will miss the Bridgestone Invitational and the PGA Championship next week after he slipped on his boat while fishing and tore ligaments in his right knee.

Allenby had been gearing up for this week’s World Golf Championship, followed by the final major of the year. He decided to take a weekend fishing trip in the Bahamas, then slipped on a wet spot on his boat and his legs went in different directions.

The Australian figured he hyperextended his knee. Tests revealed a torn ligament, and he had surgery Tuesday. Allenby, who is No. 14 in the world ranking, said doctors told him he should be able to return in time for the FedEx Cup playoffs in three weeks.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

The Bridgestone is one of my favorite tournaments that's not a major and I'm rooting for Tiger the whole time

Old 08-06-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Bridgestone is one of my favorite tournaments that's not a major and I'm rooting for Tiger the whole time
Tiger was terrible again today, now sits at 6-over par.
He looks lost out there.

Can a sore c**k really affect one's short game that much?
Old 08-07-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Saturday:

AKRON, Ohio -- After shooting his worst score ever at Firestone Country Club on Saturday, Tiger Woods is now in position to post his worst finish over 72 holes since his first tournament as a pro.

Woods struggled to a 5-over-par 75 during the third round of the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational on Saturday morning, epitomized by a semi-shank on the final hole that led to a bogey.

The world's No. 1 golfer -- perhaps only for another day -- dropped his club in disgust and had to scramble for the bogey that still gave him his highest score in 47 professional rounds at Firestone.

For the second straight day, Woods, 34, declined to talk to reporters, but offered: ""talk to the leaders.'' He did offer a few comments to the media official as he walked to the clubhouse.

"Well, I drove it terrible, hit my irons terrible, didn't putt well and it added up to a lot,'' Woods said.

Asked if there was anything positive heading into next week's PGA Championship, Woods said: "No, not right now.''

Woods, who has been ranked No. 1 in the Official World Golf Ranking for 269 consecutive weeks dating to the 2005 season, can be surpassed by Phil Mickelson on Sunday. A victory by Mickelson would clinch his first rise to No. 1, but he could still ascend with a top 4 finish as long as Woods does not finish better than 45th.

"Well, if Phil plays the way he's supposed to this weekend, then he'll be No. 1,'' Woods said.

When he finished his round before noon Saturday, Woods was tied for 78th among the 80 players still in the tournament. He had never been worse than a tie for fourth here through 54 holes at a tournament he has won seven times. Woods has never finished worse than tied for fifth at Firestone.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

It will get ugly quick for Tiger at Whistling Straits if he doesn't magically find a way to put the ball in the fairway off the tee

Old 08-09-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

the 4th and final major is this week at the masterpiece known as Whistling Straits...last time around, in 2004, I managed to get down there to watch some golf but I won't be able to this time thanks to work and coaching football..it's going to be a frickin hot week but i'm not so sure that we're going to see much wind so the players will have an advantage there...i'm going to say that we get a feel good story with Steve Stricker winning his first major in his home state

Old 08-09-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

My prediction is that Tiger Woods will suck again.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-09-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN had me lol'n.

"Later on Sportscenter, see what a fan said to Tiger after he got hit in the chin by Tiger's ball."

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote