Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-10-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just some random thoughts:

Well at least we've gained some valuable playoff experience.

Aaron Rodgers grew some more over the course of the game.

We didn't pack it in (well I did, but the team didn't) when we were down early.

Jermichael Finley and Greg Jennings showed why they are game changing players.

I'm still proud that we won 11 games and made the playoffs this year. Now we have something to build on and learn from.

We fought hard to get here after losing in Tampa and I commend the players and coaches for turning around the team.

Realistically its pretty remarkable that we got back into that game with those 4th tier secondary players.

The offensive line and secondary should be our focal points moving forward. We also need to clean up the penalties too. Good teams don't hurt themselves with penalties.

Anyways its been a great season discussing the Packers with you guys and I'm looking forward to building onto what we accomplished this season and turing that into a successful season in 2010.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

On ESPN post game wrap up they mentioned the hit to the helmet on Rodgers, a no call...and the facemask a no call themselves...so it's not just Packer fans blowing smoke.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
On ESPN post game wrap up they mentioned the hit to the helmet on Rodgers, a no call...and the facemask a no call themselves...so it's not just Packer fans blowing smoke.
Yeah I heard Trent Dilfer mention a few non-calls. But oh well, the game is over and its time to move on. The Cardinals deserved to win and they executed today. I'm over it :/
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mentioned it on the last post before the page flipped. Go to www.Si.com -- The picture on front shows the obvious penalty.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
I mentioned it on the last post before the page flipped. Go to www.Si.com -- The picture on front shows the obvious penalty.
Yeah I saw your post, and saw it in the game...just making the point to the Cardi' fans that isn't just the cheeseheads noticing this stuff. Everyone saw it, EXCEPT the refs I guess. And I am over it now as well...I guess since we were so far behind I figured we would lose and then we almost won so I went back to what I thought before.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I saw your post, and saw it in the game...just making the point to the Cardi' fans that isn't just the cheeseheads noticing this stuff. Everyone saw it, EXCEPT the refs I guess. And I am over it now as well...I guess since we were so far behind I figured we would lose and then we almost won so I went back to what I thought before.
I was on Twitter reading the comments by Nick Barnett and Ryan Grant thanking their fans and whatnot. Even Peter King and Adam Schefter had several comments on Twitter about the no call and how much it affected the outcome.

Because we are Packer fans and lost of course we are going to point it out and talk about it more than the Cardinals who won, but it's definitely justified in this case. Doesn't help that it was the entire season on that play.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game by the Packers and by Rodgers especially. Tough loss but you guys have a great young core and I can definitely see a Superbowl in your future.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to work during the game but fortunately it was at a gas station with a TV so I saw the whole thing...tough loss but we certianly got our weaknesses exposed and we know what needs to be addressed to continue improvement.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well im glad it's gonna be like this, Cardinals can still play the no respect card all the way to the Superbowl

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:32 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
well im glad it's gonna be like this, Cardinals can still play the no respect card all the way to the Superbowl
Thats what I was hoping for the Packers. Everyone was picking the Cards up until a day or 2 before the game.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:54 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-First and Foremost:
I watched both Sunday Playoff games yesterday in their entireity. First, the Patriots and Ravens. The Patriots fell behind early. And, promply laid down. They played defeated for 3 quarters and it was obvious they lost interest as soon as they fell behind. Then, there was the Packer-Cardinal game. The Packers fell behind early. Down 21 at one point. And fought all the way to the end. It was a GREAT effort and a shame either team had to lose. But, and I mean this; There have been few occasions in my life where I've been prouder to be a Packer Fan.

-Rodgers, Jennings, Finley-INHUMAN. Just too many highlight reel plays to count. Finley's jump ball. Jenning's one handed grab in the endzone, Jennings foot dragging on the sideline. Driver being Driver and twitching his body slightly to make a defender fly past him. Those guys were all out of their bodies. Makes me wonder how the defense can look the offense in the eye after a game like that. If ya put up 45 points, you should win.

-If Donald Lee is a Packer next year, I will bomb an orphanage.

-The Refs missed calls at the end of the game...meh. what can ya do? It's over. We can assign blame all we want. Packers do one play differently, they win. Cardinals do one thing differently, they win in regulation. The refs change one call, the game changes. It's all part of the game. no use playing the 'victim' card. We just watched our guys play in one of the greatest games in post season history. Let's just let it be that and not worry about what the refs did.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Rodgers needs to work on his long bomb. Too many times he overthrew wide open receivers in his first 2 seasons. Knowing how hard he is on himself, you can be sure that he'll work on that like no other during the offseason.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
RedVision
Rookie

RedVision hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RedVision hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gotta had some depth at the CB position, when Bush and Williams are your no.3 and 2 you're in trouble. Harris gotta be brought back. I personnally hate Bush, keep him on the roster for ST I don't care, just don't put him on the field for defensive plays, I was rooting for them to put a WR as CB instead of him by halftime.
RedVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
It's on the front page of Yahoo.com now, first topic.

"Did refs botch epic NFL playoff game?"

Old 01-11-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Quote:

This was in the article, funny actually. LOL

"Hands to a quarterback's face are illegal, period, let alone grabbing his facemask and not letting go for a couple of seconds. On Twitter, the great Peter King explained how and why the call wasn't made. You're going to love this.

The referee, Scott Green, stands behind the pocket and has to watch first for the loose ball. Once the ball is out, Green's job is to watch ball for possession. He can't watch the QB then. If he saw the facemask, it'd mean he wasn't watching ball. It's a quirky rule, but it's the referee's call -- and the ref is charged with possession once the ball is loose.

Basically, the guy wasn't watching because it wasn't his job to watch. That's a great tip for all you young defensive players out there: After the quarterback fumbles, it's the ideal time to stab him with a sharpened toothbrush. No one's looking!"

Old 01-11-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

They certainly allowed Larry Fitzgerald to run through Woodson the entire game.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
They certainly allowed Larry Fitzgerald to run through Woodson the entire game.
I'm far more upset about that than the facemask on the last play.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I'm far more upset about that than the facemask on the last play.
This is water under the bridge by now, for sure. (Damn we all drowned already).
But it's another year and we're reborn.

I just want everyone to remember those bullsh*t NON-calls on Fitzgerald when he shoved Woodson.
Those calls are enormous to the outcome of the game, and in many games there are calls which help one team out a lot, that weren't that obvious.

If anyone knows how, they should just show those 2 by Fitzgerald on youtube on display.
I still don't get how Woodson doesn't get the call being as he's a star.
I guess the ref was just bad, or else just ignored it cuz we were on the road.

Again, some people say it all evens out so don't complain, but that's bullcrap. It doesn't all even out.

How many times have we been called for little touch fouls on our DBs or special team blocks? Nothing is as blatant as Fitzgerald shoving Woodson to the ground.

Jackalope, reading your comment and looking back just now into this game, I'm still pizzed off. It's no wonder we couldn't cover any of them that day.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote