Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-06-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BOE did BOE did
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
McGahee
Rookie

McGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
Anybody tried the p90x workout and have any feedback on it?
It's fun if you do it with a friend. Gonna be difficult to do the 90day program alone.

It won't get you jacked but it will get you toned and overall healthy. It definitely wouldn't hurt to try it for a month and see if you have the will to keep going.
McGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better off just jogging if you want to stay healthy.

Speaking of which I just bought an awesome pair of Nike Lunar Glides. Normally I don't like spending a significant amount of money on shoes but I have to say it is completely worth it. It's like walking on clouds.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I perfer jump rope for my conditioning. It works my agility and hand eye coordination as well.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I perfer jump rope for my conditioning. It works my agility and hand eye coordination as well.
Jump rope is TEH SEX. I used to do a minute of intense jump rope and a superset of two different exercises as one set. So, for example,

1 minute of jump rope.
Immediately do a set of squats.
Immediately do an ab exercise.

Rest two minutes. 'Twas lethal.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Jump rope is TEH SEX. I used to do a minute of intense jump rope and a superset of two different exercises as one set. So, for example,

1 minute of jump rope.
Immediately do a set of squats.
Immediately do an ab exercise.

Rest two minutes. 'Twas lethal.

How many times did you repeat this?
Old 08-07-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone in here could give me some advice since there seem to be quite a few who know what they're doing.

I'll be finishing an intense several month period of exams/revision soon, and have been pretty much completely physically inactive, and I want to get into good shape before the new college year starts in mid september, because I'll be playing rugby and american football again, and right now my cardio is just not where it needs to be. If knowing my body type helps, I'm about 6'4, currently around 225-230 - I can easily hold more when I convert to muscle, but right now obviously that isn't lean weight.

I haven't really had a regular work out routine since I left high school a few years ago, and was basically hoping to kind of shock my body back into it over the next month and a half, so I have a good start on a realistic routine I can keep up during the year. When training and games start I'll only be aiming for one or two trips to the gym a week max, but for the next 6-7 weeks I'm really up for just getting fitter and stronger in every way.

Massive ramble, sorry about that. I'd appreciate any suggestions or advice, however vague. Thanks.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone in here could give me some advice since there seem to be quite a few who know what they're doing.

I'll be finishing an intense several month period of exams/revision soon, and have been pretty much completely physically inactive, and I want to get into good shape before the new college year starts in mid september, because I'll be playing rugby and american football again, and right now my cardio is just not where it needs to be. If knowing my body type helps, I'm about 6'4, currently around 225-230 - I can easily hold more when I convert to muscle, but right now obviously that isn't lean weight.

I haven't really had a regular work out routine since I left high school a few years ago, and was basically hoping to kind of shock my body back into it over the next month and a half, so I have a good start on a realistic routine I can keep up during the year. When training and games start I'll only be aiming for one or two trips to the gym a week max, but for the next 6-7 weeks I'm really up for just getting fitter and stronger in every way.

Massive ramble, sorry about that. I'd appreciate any suggestions or advice, however vague. Thanks.
I assume you have lifted before, as such I would run either the Wendler 5-3-1 or Rip's 5x5 method. A quick google search should lead you where you need to go. If not, ask me. They will take either 3 or 4 days a weeks, do some HIIT on non-lifting days (400m sprints are awesome if your cardio is there) and give yourself 1 day for rest. If you feel good after lifting, you can throw in some LSD, just make sure you take some protein/carbs before you start or you will miss the window.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you select 5x5 do the original one with power cleans. Whoever made the 5x5(his name is slipping me at the moment) had power cleans instead of deadlift. It was a workout specifically designed for football.

http://xtort.net/bill-starrs-5-x-5-training/
Old 08-07-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh wow, I've just had a look at those and they look very similar to the workout one of our OLB/TEs does, and he's one of the two strongest guys on the team, at about 6'1 200. I actually went with him one day and he uses this low-bar technique on his squats that I'd never seen before - have you heard of it? He says it means you can eventually do weights that your back couldn't handle using the normal high bar method.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I assume you have lifted before, as such I would run either the Wendler 5-3-1 or Rip's 5x5 method. A quick google search should lead you where you need to go. If not, ask me. They will take either 3 or 4 days a weeks, do some HIIT on non-lifting days (400m sprints are awesome if your cardio is there) and give yourself 1 day for rest. If you feel good after lifting, you can throw in some LSD, just make sure you take some protein/carbs before you start or you will miss the window.
Also if you have any good HIIT routines someone can do in a park or something that you could send my way that would be amazing, thank you.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://stronglifts.com/correct-bar-placement-on-squats/
Old 08-18-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plunging a toilet. Phenomenal exercise.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just ran 2.5 miles in 25:17. I have lost 15 lbs so far this summer and can now run 1 mile in under 8 minutes. My goal is 220 lbs. by Oct. 1st. I am about 235 right now.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:22 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just maxed 235 on bench the other day. I weigh 160 lbs too.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Bench has always been my worst exercise. I just got up my weight for my 3 rep max the other day.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:48 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have strength on bench, just not stamina. I can max 235. Almost threw up 245. Got half way up but couldn't lock it out. Yet I still struggle to rep 185 six times.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Bench has always been my worst exercise. I just got up my weight for my 3 rep max the other day.
Pyramids are your friend.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Pyramids are your friend.
Pyramids do kick ass.

I just started doing them on the bench 2 weeks ago and my max jumped from 245 to 260 already. And now I can do 245 twice. I weigh 175.

I've been doing: 135, 155, 185, 205, 225, 245, 260, 225, 205, 185, 155, 135, then the bar 60 times. ******* killer.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who many times a week do you do them?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
who many times a week do you do them?
Only once

I do chest twice a week, Monday and Friday. Pyramids on Monday, Friday I just do 5 sets on the bench, 3 sets incline dumbbell bench and 3 sets of flies.

Monday - Chest, shoulders, back
Wednesday - Legs
Friday - Chest, biceps, triceps
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My short term goal is benching 275 at 150 pounds. 300 pounds used to be my goal but idk if it's going to be attainable if i choose to stay at 150 pounds. I'm kind of hitting a plateau.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those of you who run, what's your best 2 mile time? My brother just got done with a 2mile at 10:15 and that just blew my ******* mind.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
My short term goal is benching 275 at 150 pounds. 300 pounds used to be my goal but idk if it's going to be attainable if i choose to stay at 150 pounds. I'm kind of hitting a plateau.
Why would you want to stay at 150? Do you fight?
Old 08-19-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
For those of you who run, what's your best 2 mile time? My brother just got done with a 2mile at 10:15 and that just blew my ******* mind.
Thats impressive if he just went out and ran 2 miles hard. Age...sex/location?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote