Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 08-07-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any one else getting sick of the local media be it radio,newspaper or TV crying about not getting 24 hour access to the Chiefs?
Old 08-07-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Any one else getting sick of the local media be it radio,newspaper or TV crying about not getting 24 hour access to the Chiefs?
I am sick of it, but I understand their beef. The Chiefs are supposed to grant certain access to players and coaches. The Chiefs are not meeting the minimum requirements mandated by the NFL. The media obviously has the ability to voice their displeasure in a manner that will get annoying to all of us.

I can't figure out why a team that is desperate to fill a new stadium wouldn't do everything in their power to get people buying ticket. Granting access for the media would help promote the Chiefs in a time when Chiefs fans should be optomistic about the direction we are heading.

Pioli, loosen the noose alittle and get KC fired up about this season, MNF back at Arrowhead and young promising players.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's easy to fill seats in KC. The first quarter of the season is automatic sell-outs, after that, it's all about winning.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's easy to fill seats in KC. The first quarter of the season is automatic sell-outs, after that, it's all about winning.
obviously you weren't there the last 2 seasons. They can give whatever announced attendance they want. I was there for every game and none of them were close to max capacity.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Berry is definitely not going to fix everything. People don't get that he's just a piece of a much larger and more intricate puzzle. He is going to be a huge piece to it, but we still need (maybe) two linebackers, an actual NT prospect and maybe another safety (if Lewis doesn't stick) and maybe another corner, if Carr can't perform and Arenas can't handle #2 cb duties.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how giving the media full access is going to help sell tickets, the local media especially the guys on the radio are nothing but negative towards the Chiefs any ways.

I had 810 on the other day and they have all ready wrote off the 2009 draft class after "ONE" year, I will be the first to say it hasn't looked bright outside of Succop but my goodness it's been ONE year.

I got so mad I had to turn it off, I really get the impression that these guys go out and watch one practice if that and determine how everything is going to play out it really is a joke.

Last edited by Splat : 08-07-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
I don't see how giving the media full access is going to help sell tickets, the local media especially the guys on the radio are nothing but negative towards the Chiefs any ways.

I had 810 on the other day and they have all ready wrote off the 2009 draft class after "ONE" year, I will be the first to say it hasn't looked bright outside of Succop but my goodness it's been ONE year.

I got so mad I had to turn it off, I really get the impression that these guys go out and watch one practice if that and determine how everything is going to play out it really is a joke.
1st, I know I've said it before, 810 is the biggest joke of a sports radio station in the country. Steven St. John and the morning show are the only ones that are tolerable. They don't try and create or make the news themselves. Everyone else seems to have a vendetta or an axe to grind.

It's to early for any of Pioli's KC Chiefs draft picks to be labeled a bust. Some could be on the "bust watch list", but none of them have been given a real opportunity to fail, yet.

More to my point about selling tickets, giving the media more access is bound to stir up positive thoughts. I'll bet alot of the negative thoughts from the media now is due in part from their lack of coverage. If they were able to get in there and interview Weis, Crennel, Pioli and all the players, then more positive things could come out. But because they aren't aloowed all those interviews, they are stirring the pot with their negative spoon. This is a great time to be a Chiefs fan. We are moving in the right direction and should have alot of excitement around this team. As soon as the media is denied access, they will turn little negative stories into bigger ones. Again, I don't see the benefit of denying access to most (not all the media is good) of them. Allowing a few more interviews that don't really break any new ground is only going to keep the media off the Chiefs front offices back.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Postcard from camp by Don Banks of SI.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ard/index.html
Old 08-09-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

It's good news that Brian Waters returned to practice on Monday. He hadn't participated in camp because of some sort of ankle/foot injury.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's good. I was getting a little worried.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Don't be shocked if Jones starts the first preseason game at RB, sounds like he will, I also think people should not read to much in to it.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Kendrick Clancy drawing interest from Chiefs, Texans and Saints
Old 08-12-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs could certainly use some help on the DLine. Not sure why they didn't go after Schobel.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because Schobel would play OLB for the Chiefs...
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
The Chiefs could certainly use some help on the DLine. Not sure why they didn't go after Schobel.
He is 240 pounds.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Arenas could be Chiefs' next great return man.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/08/15...he-chiefs.html
Old 08-16-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
hoekd0250
Rookie

hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey im a packers fan but i have always like thomas jones and it seems he always puts up solid yards everywhere he goes and is always underrated just wondering how hes looking in camp and if there is any chance he could be the #1rb in week one with jamal charles on the team????
hoekd0250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekd0250 View Post
hey im a packers fan but i have always like thomas jones and it seems he always puts up solid yards everywhere he goes and is always underrated just wondering how hes looking in camp and if there is any chance he could be the #1rb in week one with jamal charles on the team????
He has looked ok and had a good camp so far. He didn't get much done in the game against Atlanta, but he wasn't on the field much.

As for him starting when the season starts? Eh, I personally don't think it'll happen, but who knows.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:19 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is 240 pounds.
That's a good reason he shouldn't be on the line. I'd still take a look at him at linebacker though. It's not like the Chiefs have worldbeaters at backer.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekd0250 View Post
I don't think the Chiefs are going to have a "true" #1 RB it's going to be running back by committee.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...f-68c19d3b9268

Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs are hosting a free evening practice session open to Season Ticket Holders and Chiefs fans at the New Arrowhead on Wednesday, August 25th at 7:15 PM. This practice will allow fans the opportunity to get a free preview of the Chiefs and all levels of the New Arrowhead. Stadium gates will open at 6:15 PM for the practice session and fans can enter through any spiral gate, the Tower Gate and Founderís Plaza Gate entrances. Parking for the night practice is free.
I normally go to these but it has always been on a weekend before, I will miss it. :(
Old 08-30-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

So I haven't been able to see either of the injuries, but having neck injuries in back to back games is somewhat disconcerting. Were they just freak injuries or were the guys using poor technique?
Old 08-30-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
So I haven't been able to see either of the injuries, but having neck injuries in back to back games is somewhat disconcerting. Were they just freak injuries or were the guys using poor technique?
I would lean more towards just freak plays.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:06 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Sheffields was a lot of the helmet variety, but I wouldn't consider this bad form tackling.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Lance Long was cut, I always laughed when anyone on 101 The Fox or anyone else for that matter talked like he was guy to be our Wes Welker.