Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-15-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For once I agree with Tnew. Let us pause and take that in for a second....He is right that was a pretty bad pick in Crosby. He also is right that Scott is not and expert on the Cowboys but he is a expert on the draft. I like the Ross pick and I like the Steve Smith pick though I would like Allison in the 2nd over him.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Thanks man, I am glad you read my post and didn't just go crazy when I said Scott wasn't an expert.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm alla for drafting QB in round one, even with Henry staying at CB. So I like the pick. I really don't like to use a 2nd round on a kicker and I would prefer Craig Davis or Jason Hill in the second over Steve Smith in the third..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I have to say that I HATE the Crosby pick...of course no offense to Scott, but it seems to me that he's just plugging in a player who's slotted to go in that area to a team with an apparent need at that position, while ignoring what the franchise has said and done to address the position. But that's not really what Scott's paying attention to.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Ross pick, I like the Steve Smith pick, I HATE the crosby pick. A kicker in the second round? Are you f'ing kidding me. It's a damn kicker.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Yea, hell no. Draft Tank Tyler.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Yea, hell no. Draft Tank Tyler.
Tyler is not falling that far.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To all the Crosby critics...

How would you like it if we could kick FGs from the 50 yard line? Crosby can nail those as proven at the Senior Bowl and Combine. He was hitting 70 yarders. Talk about a game changer... Not too mention, we wouldn't have to worry to much about special teams coverage on kick offs as he'll sail those deep in the endzone.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Crosby guy, and yes in the 2nd if need be. Not comfortable with Gramatica AT ALL.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

if crosby in r.3 or 4 maybe a good pick, but r.2? thats wayy high when we could possibly get tank,meriweather,allison,weddle,hill,steve smith, i like his leg but he kicked around 75% in college...

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
To all the Crosby critics...

How would you like it if we could kick FGs from the 50 yard line? Crosby can nail those as proven at the Senior Bowl and Combine. He was hitting 70 yarders. Talk about a game changer... Not too mention, we wouldn't have to worry to much about special teams coverage on kick offs as he'll sail those deep in the endzone.
But to spend a 2nd round pick on a kicker, even one of Crosby's talent seems to be a reach. I'd rather wait until round 3 or 4. Who else is in desperate need for a kicker that would grab Crosby before us?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

It's a FREAKIN KICKER. I don't care what jhe can do, IT IS A KICKER.

And like D-Unit said, Scott really isnt paying attention to the off-season, atleast for the COWBOYS. For one, Jerry said we would never draft a kicker or sign a high profile one, and we re-signed gramatica, and two, he said Henry is staying at CB.

I honestly think that draft sucks. Not solid, not bad, not below average, but TERRIBLE. That draft sucks.

Ross, no henry is staying and he isn't worth the 22nd pick anyway, Crosby, IS A FREAKIN KICKER, and Steve SMith is just eh whatever.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

Quote:

And like D-Unit said, Scott really isnt paying attention to the off-season, atleast for the COWBOYS. For one, Jerry said we would never draft a kicker or sign a high profile one, and we re-signed gramatica, and two, he said Henry is staying at CB.

I honestly think that draft sucks. Not solid, not bad, not below average, but TERRIBLE. That draft sucks.

Ross, no henry is staying and he isn't worth the 22nd pick anyway, Crosby, IS A FREAKIN KICKER, and Steve SMith is just eh whatever.
LOL a KICKER
which cost us how many games?
Old 03-16-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Stop putting words into my mouth. I NEVER said that. Leave me out of your quotes.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Stop putting words into my mouth. I NEVER said that. Leave me out of your quotes.
maybe you should tell t new to get off your nuts. he tries to incorporate all this d-unit stuff to add credability to his worthless and ever annoying posts.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

You guys wanna a fun topic to talk about in this Boooooooooring forum?

With the Steelers moving to the 4-3, what do you think it would take for them to trade Casey Hampton to us?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

probably a second maybe a third
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd definitely give up a 2nd for Hamtpon. Major upgrade there at NT.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'd definitely give up a 2nd for Hamtpon. Major upgrade there at NT.
I would love Hamtpon for a 2nd..........Ain't going to happen, you still need a NT in the 4-3....
Old 03-16-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
I would love Hamtpon for a 2nd..........Ain't going to happen, you still need a NT in the 4-3....
How bout we give them Fergy and our 2nd. It would have to be something incredible to get him. Like we'd have to overpay.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

first round draft pick for Casey Hampton and the Steelers second round pick...
shane_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So Ryan Fowler is gone to Tennessee. Not a big loss, but it does leave a hole in the middle of our defense ('s backups).

We have Oliver Hoyte, but he seems to have become a fullback somehow. Should we try to revert Hoyte to his college position, and draft a fb in the 6th, 7th, or draft a ILB guy and leave Hoyte on the offense?
Old 03-17-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
So Ryan Fowler is gone to Tennessee. Not a big loss, but it does leave a hole in the middle of our defense ('s backups).

We have Oliver Hoyte, but he seems to have become a fullback somehow. Should we try to revert Hoyte to his college position, and draft a fb in the 6th, 7th, or draft a ILB guy and leave Hoyte on the offense?
Old news, but yeah... that's why we need to keep Carp on the inside. I think Hoyte should move back to ILB. I thought of him more as a stop gap FB and not a permanent answer.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:39 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the amazing number Joe Staley has putted up at his pro-day do you think he should be a reach at #22? I really like Staley, with his incredible agility he could be a feature LT and neutralize the speedy pass rushers..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
With the amazing number Joe Staley has putted up at his pro-day do you think he should be a reach at #22? I really like Staley, with his incredible agility he could be a feature LT and neutralize the speedy pass rushers..
I think he's easily worth the value. But I would be shocked if Jerry took an OL in round 1. Never have seen him do it before.