Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 08-07-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost completely forgot about Family Night
Old 08-07-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Jordy is alright. He walked off like he was hurt after that nice catch.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Almost completely forgot about Family Night
i'm watching the stream now.... TD pass rodgers to J-Mike88..... earlier nice pass and catch to jordyzzzzz... peprah popped him, at about 30% of the full force. rodgers can't lay out our guys like that in real games.
that's how farve got robert brooks concussions and big kill shots.
jordy wobbled off... i hope it was just the wind knocked outta him.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been watching Mike Neal mostly. He's been getting some good penetration. He beat Scott Wells pretty good and was battling with Colledge.

Jordy Nelson made a great catch

Finley has looked like what we're expecting. Even that ten yard out he looked like a beast hauling in the catch.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Shields flashing the potential!

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

That was a great return. I haven't been too impressed with his coverage otherwise though. Like you said the potential is definitely there, but potential alone might not be enough for a roster spot. I want to see him return kicks against another team next week. Maybe that is how he makes it.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I've been watching Mike Neal mostly. He's been getting some good penetration. He beat Scott Wells pretty good and was battling with Colledge.

Didn't he get a sack?

Did you guys hear Jmike's interview after the game?

"I got one word... Dallas, texas super bowl baby."

Haha. He's funny to listen to.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Didn't he get a sack?

Did you guys hear Jmike's interview after the game?

"I got one word... Dallas, texas super bowl baby."

Haha. He's funny to listen to.
Yeah, that made me crack up.

I was at the scrimmage, good time. Always kind of hard to evaluate the team when they're playing themselves, but there were plenty of positives.

Both punters look pretty good. I'm rooting for the Aussie personally, but I think we'll be better off than recent years either way.

Our backup QBs look pretty ******.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:57 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shields and Underwood both look better than Pat Lee does at CB.
Shields has speed that could be worth a few TDs on kick return units.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Shields and Underwood both look better than Pat Lee does at CB.
Shields has speed that could be worth a few TDs on kick return units.
I wouldn't say that. Shields and Underwood had the big plays, but I didn't think either was noticeably better than Lee in coverage. Right now I'd say Lee and Underwood are about even, with Shields quite a bit behind. That was really too short to get an accurate judgement though.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Shields can be our 4th or 5th CB because he has crazy make-up speed. You put him 1-on-1 on any NFL WR and he'll get burned 95% of the time, yeah, but let him play a third/half of the field in zone and maybe he can knock down some some wobbly ducks or swat down a pass to Percy Harvin running a go route.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I think Shields can be our 4th or 5th CB because he has crazy make-up speed. You put him 1-on-1 on any NFL WR and he'll get burned 95% of the time, yeah, but let him play a third/half of the field in zone and maybe he can knock down some some wobbly ducks or swat down a pass to Percy Harvin running a go route.
I like the way you're thinking. He has crazy speed. Not just fast.
You guys remember Ted's draft pick a few years ago, no-name from nowhere named Chris Johnson, CB? He was fast, but raw.... we let him go.

He's now a starter in Oakland, where some pretty good CBs come from (Aso, Woodson).

Shields has Johnson-type crazy speed, but he seems like a better person, character. I love Sam Shields.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I'm just not even close to sold on Pat Lee, never was. He had one decent year at Auburn, which isn't really a passing league. I didn't like the pick.... he needs to prove me wrong fast because we need help now and he's running out of time.

At least he wasn't drafted as high as Ahmad Carroll.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I like the way you're thinking. He has crazy speed. Not just fast.
You guys remember Ted's draft pick a few years ago, no-name from nowhere named Chris Johnson, CB? He was fast, but raw.... we let him go.

He's now a starter in Oakland, where some pretty good CBs come from (Aso, Woodson).

Shields has Johnson-type crazy speed, but he seems like a better person, character. I love Sam Shields.
Chris Johnson was drafted in 2003, so he wasn't a Thompson pick. I've also gotten the impression that he wouldn't be starting many places other than Oakland.

I do think that Shields would give us more than most 5th string corners would and considering he's only played a few years of corner he has the potential to develop. If he could push Bush off the team and make an impact as a gunner, I'd be quite happy.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the whole game(thank you NFL Network), football is football to me and I wouldn't mind watching more of those games from different teams.

Finley was a beast as expected, he's gotten so much bigger, his blocking looked alot better and stronger at the POA, and he gets alot of looks inside the red zone which could become a trend.

Jordy also looks like he could become a starter at some point, that early catch was pretty sick.

I also came away very impressed with Sam Shields, you guys may have something with him, very intriguing player I'll be keeping an eye on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to watch it tonight, like LHL said thank you NFL Network.