Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 08-12-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xio is good in roto baseball only. In other sports, he's average to below average. He doesn't like points based leagues because he's not as good in that either. He'll make up all kinds of excuses why he doesn't prefer it...blah blah blah.... a game is a game. But roto... that's his "thing". So I don't mind finishing behind him. Beating him is fun though!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Xio is good in roto baseball only. In other sports, he's average to below average. He doesn't like points based leagues because he's not as good in that either. He'll make up all kinds of excuses why he doesn't prefer it...blah blah blah.... a game is a game. But roto... that's his "thing". So I don't mind finishing behind him. Beating him is fun though!
I won the points league we had in year 2 of my long-standing league.

I don't give a damn what your impression of my skills are outside of Roto. There is a reason it is across the board the preferred league by experts and such. Points leagues require less strategy, planning, and involve a lot of luck because there are no parameters.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I won the points league we had in year 2 of my long-standing league.

I don't give a damn what your impression of my skills are outside of Roto. There is a reason it is across the board the preferred league by experts and such. Points leagues require less strategy, planning, and involve a lot of luck because there are no parameters.
Oh you give a damn alright...

It doesn't require less of anything. In fact it requires more because you can't find generic analysis out there like there are for Roto leagues. The fact that it has no parameters makes it much more challenging. Anyone can pick up a fantasy baseball magazine and see what the roto rankings are.

excuses.... gotta lov 'em.

Oh and don't tell me Jose Bautista wasn't "luck". lol.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh you give a damn alright...

It doesn't require less of anything. In fact it requires more because you can't find generic analysis out there like there are for Roto leagues. The fact that it has no parameters makes it much more challenging. Anyone can pick up a fantasy baseball magazine and see what the roto rankings are.

excuses.... gotta lov 'em.

Oh and don't tell me Jose Bautista wasn't "luck". lol.
Building a team of 10 power hitters is mundane. Being able to punt closers and not have it effect you at all is lame. The roster building process is arbitrary and boring.

And if you wanna call adding Jose Bautista luck, then that's fine, but the margin I'm gonna win by in this league and my league is about the value of 10 Jose Bautista's.

Enjoy losing to me in two leagues this year.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Building a team of 10 power hitters is mundane. Being able to punt closers and not have it effect you at all is lame. The roster building process is arbitrary and boring.

And if you wanna call adding Jose Bautista luck, then that's fine, but the margin I'm gonna win by in this league and my league is about the value of 10 Jose Bautista's.

Enjoy losing to me in two leagues this year.
I'm a better fantasy sports player than you and am more knowledgeable all around, so you should enjoy beating me in your one sport, one style leagues. It's all you got and I'm still right on your tail in this league.

I even smoked you and your hockey pals in our DC Hockey League that I won the championship in. How'd you enjoy that sweet spanking? I owed that league from week 1 on.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roto is arbitrary, at least points league have a value that makes sense.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I'd be in much better shape if this was roto, considering my dominance in steals and saves.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Has there been a more disappointing prospect this year than Martin Perez?

87 innings with 57 earned runs. Blech. Obviously not ready for AA at 19 years old.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Roto is arbitrary, at least points league have a value that makes sense.
Truth. The fact that roto leagues put so much value on averages is very lame to me.

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-12-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Xio I didn't realize you have J.P. Arencibia.

Call him up or let him go.
I did already.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Yeah sorry, missed that.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I wanna make a trade in this league before the deadline... :(
Old 08-19-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

D you can't add Michael Brantley, he belongs to tjunstein.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
D you can't add Michael Brantley, he belongs to tjunstein.
Brantley has been on the wire for a long time. Doesn't tjustein lose him? Xio was going to lose Arencibia...
Old 08-19-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I find it far too difficult to keep track of that, to be honest. Negligent owners like tjunstein make the league far too difficult to keep a tight lid on.

Tjunstein, Brodeur, and Scotty will all be gone next year. In the meantime, I'd prefer to not have others poaching their rosters, fair or not.

Xio is easy to warn, as he actually reads the thread and follows along.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Add Arencibia back to my minor league team. He got sent down. I think there's an available space still.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Add Hellickson back to my ML team. He got sent down. Remove Peter Bourjos. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

D, did you honestly just add Don Kelly?

hahahaha
Old 08-23-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
D, did you honestly just add Don Kelly?

hahahaha
I just wanna see if he can stay hot. If not, heck I didn't give up anything to get him.

I know you're afraid of me. Your 500 pt lead has gone down to a 200 pt lead.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry guys, I totally forgot I had Miguel Tejada on my team. Just dropped him. I'm in the cellar, so I don't anticipate it being a huge problem, but just wanted to put my mistake out there.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I'm sorry guys, I totally forgot I had Miguel Tejada on my team. Just dropped him. I'm in the cellar, so I don't anticipate it being a huge problem, but just wanted to put my mistake out there.
Just wanted to say... THAT is a hilarious avy! hahaha. My boys would do that!
Old 08-23-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just wanted to say... THAT is a hilarious avy! hahaha. My boys would do that!
The kids face when he's blowing out the candle makes my day every time. Such malicious intent, hahahahaha.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Charm, Josh Bell is in the majors.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Besides that, anyone who is on a minor league roster at this point forward is eligable to be kept next year as a minor league player. Anyone on a major league roster at this point is not.

If a player is called up post-Sept 1st you may add him to your roster, but you do not have to.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

$10 bid on Manny Ramirez.