Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 08-14-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Near and Harrell looked pretty good.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Flynn is a man
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you not love double D and his smile lol

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so ******* sick of hearing ath-a-letic.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Rodgers good. Pass defense not good.
Didnt watch the game. Am packing for flight to DisneyWorld tomorrow 7 am.
Have read all I can about the game from Bedard and company, and guys like you.
Your quote above, it sounds like Groundhog f***** Day again.
Imagine what happens if Woodson misses a few games.
And if we play a real QB not Jake Delhomme or Seneca Wallace.
Can Bulaga play OLB?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first series was bad, but overall I liked what I saw from the younger DBs.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the ST play was awful all game. Looks like much of the same with that group. Kickoff coverage was weak...apparently they can't find a returner who can cleanly catch the ball, and sprinkle in a penalty by the group and you have the trifecta.

also didn't see much pass rush
Old 08-15-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Larry McCarren's pinky finger on his left hand is scary. Does anyone know why he never got that fixed so it wasnt sideways lol.
It helps him stand out from other sports personalities in the Green Bay area

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
also didn't see much pass rush
that's because they really never blitzed unless it came from the inside

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:57 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Harrell made it through the game and didnt get injured. Atleast that we know of...

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:29 AM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Justin Harrell made it through the game and didnt get injured. Atleast that we know of...
thats an accomplishment for harrell if he can play in 10 games this year it will justify his spot on the roster(and to think we could have leon hall) . . .

i did not get to see the game. how did shields do, lee?

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our secondary didn't do much of anything to give me confidence. Morgan Burnett was kind of a stand out to me, though I think some will disagree. Early in the game he shot the gap on a run play and everyone was blocked but him and he made a good 1 on 1 stop for a 2 yard gain. They were throwing at the Collins/Williams (offense left) side early. In coverage Underwood and Lee didn't show anything besides some speed and tackling. They were clearly watching the receiver the entire time and weren't watching the QB or the ball. Also they were late on breaks. They stuck to their man pretty well I guess but once the ball was in the air they had no clue what to do and they were late diagnosing the route. I saw a lot of hitches and outs where they left a huge window (time and space) of open receiver to throw to.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

+ J Harrell looked like a beast against the twos and threes
+ Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson all showed up looking extremely sharp in midseason form
+ Finley was a man among boys
+ Rodgers had time to throw
+ Rodgers dropped and made a throw consistently, meaning he got rid of the ball quick on schedule
+ Quinn Johnson was a very good lead blocker. He is on his way to winning himself a roster spot for that.
+ I liked what I saw out of Morgan Burnett
+ Bulaga looked solid but unspectacular at LT, LG
+ Noticeably less penalties particularly on ST and offensive holding. Might have been the refs being easy on a preseason game.

- The secondary played poor. Tramon Williams and Nick Collins looked rusty. Underwood showed some speed and tackling ability but Underwood and Lee both looked like they were young rookies trying to learn.
- Raji looked slower than last year
- Pickett looked out of place a bit and his side didn't press the pocket or rush the passer at all from what I saw
- Sam Shields might have taken his name out of the PR/KR race by dropping balls and bad returns. I think the punt fumble would have been fair catch interference most days though.
- Brandon Jackson might be returning kicks and he is not very good at it

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
+ J Harrell looked like a beast against the twos and threes
Not sure I'd go quite that far. I liked what I saw, but he didn't do anything beastly.
Quote:
+ Quinn Johnson was a very good lead blocker. He is on his way to winning himself a roster spot for that.
Kuhn is still the best FB we have and I'd put Hall next. I want Johnson cut.

Quote:
+ Bulaga looked solid but unspectacular at LT, LG
I thought Bulaga was very impressive. He needs to be starting, whether it's at RT or LG. I think he'd be an upgrade at either spot. He looked much better than Colledge last night.

Quote:
- The secondary played poor. Tramon Williams and Nick Collins looked rusty. Underwood showed some speed and tackling ability but Underwood and Lee both looked like they were young rookies trying to learn.
Williams let up a couple catches to some not very good receivers, not the best night for him. Collins looked good though. He had solid coverage and made a few nice plays. Not sure what you saw that you think he was rusty. I was encouraged by what I saw out of Underwood, Lee, and the rest of the younger guys.
Quote:
- Raji looked slower than last year
- Pickett looked out of place a bit and his side didn't press the pocket or rush the passer at all from what I saw
Not saying you're wrong with these, but we I think we need to see them more for those judgments. We were in nickel for like half the time our starters were out there.
Quote:
- Sam Shields might have taken his name out of the PR/KR race by dropping balls and bad returns. I think the punt fumble would have been fair catch interference most days though.
Yeah, I've seen enough of him on returns. Dropped kicks can not happen. He hasn't don't much with the ones he has returned either.
Quote:
- Brandon Jackson might be returning kicks and he is not very good at it
Seems like we were just trying out new guys back deep. If Will Blackmon is healthy I'm sure he'll be the guy, and we'll be just fine. If he's not we could go with William if Al's back, or let Jordy take them again. I don't think Jackson will be the one, at least I hope he won't.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Im starting to realize something, people say that our linebacking core is good and deep but i think they are not mean and physical enough. I love Barnett, Hawk, Chillar, Bishop, Jones, Poppinga, Matthews and Jones but there's no thumpers in that group. People get to run way too easily through these guys. They can move, they can make plays but none of them are really imposing out there. Hawk was supposed to be that guy but it never happened.

I know yesterday wasnt a good indication of what the season might look like since they didnt blitz at all but if you cant execute playing base, something is wrong. Then again, this defense is based mainly on blitzes so we cant really tell. I this year they addressed the Dline in the draft, i think next year should be for linebackers/corners. Our offense is young with many up and coming players so they will be able to address the defense mainly. As for this year, the key will be to be able to generate some pressure. We do that, we have plenty of playmakers on defense to make plays.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote