Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Bucs sign Cato June

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsd...px?newsid=5706
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Probably the best possible situation for him.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice move for both sides, akin to Ian Gold going there a few years ago. Screws up the mock I had been slowly working on a bit, but it's a good move. Nice immediate upgrade, and while the contract numbers haven't been released, my bet is that it's a 1 year deal and he'll get a shot to test the market again next year.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that is good news . do u think the bucs might switch him to safety
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, I believe Bucs signed him as LB.

Good addition, he's a good fit.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
No . . . he wasn't a very good safety at Michigan.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
no..they run the same defense as colts.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We always have prioritized linebacker depth, but I don't know what kind of playing time he expects to receive, or what we expect to give. Now Scott has to change his Bucs mock again :D

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
no..they run the same defense as colts.
The Colts didn't have Derrick Brooks starting in his position.....

sig by BoneKrusher
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good signing by the Bucs.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
redbuc

According to this article, June will compete at strongside linebacker or play strong safety.

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/2923
Old 03-17-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is interesting, Derrick Brooks still is the better WLB of the two. Then again, this is the Buccaneers and Jon Gruden we're talking about.

Strongside linebacker? Good luck with that.

Last edited by Geo : 03-17-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
We always have prioritized linebacker depth, but I don't know what kind of playing time he expects to receive, or what we expect to give. Now Scott has to change his Bucs mock again :D
He will most likely start.

Designs by D-Unit

Old 03-17-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
He will most likely start.
Ryan Nece has been our starting SLB for 2 years, I don't think Cato June is going to change that......

Unless of course you think he will start at SS

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-17-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

i think brooks is going to move to SLB and June stay at WLB
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Ryan Nece has been our starting SLB for 2 years, I don't think Cato June is going to change that......

Unless of course you think he will start at SS
Yeah he definitely could change that. I think Brooks and Cato will both be the outside backers, not sure who will play where though. Once the contract numbers come in we'll have a better idea of what kind of playing time he'll be getting.

Designs by D-Unit

Old 03-17-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Bradentonian
Rookie

Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was really hoping to see Winborn on the field more this year with the potential to take over for Brooks
Old 03-17-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interested to see the price tag on this.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default uhhh....

If they plan on him playing strong safety I'm sure the OC's in the NFC South are already licking their chops. He's perfect for their system at LB tho.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Yeah he definitely could change that. I think Brooks and Cato will both be the outside backers, not sure who will play where though. Once the contract numbers come in we'll have a better idea of what kind of playing time he'll be getting.
I don't think there is any way he would go somewhere he wouldn't be starting.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fits the scheme, not going to answer the question if he can play outside of that defense though.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll beat out Nece for the strongside job, and while he's not an ideal fit for the strongside job, he can do a decent-solid job there potentially, akin to Ian Gold a few years ago. I don't think there's anyway he signed there unless he was told he'd have a good shot to start. I guess it's possible that they work him in the middle, although that would require improved DT POA play to protect him.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
RaVeNFaNaCtIc
Rookie

RaVeNFaNaCtIc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thank god he is not coming to b-more.

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
#1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
I used to be MaddenPlayer52
RaVeNFaNaCtIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Booger
Veteran

Booger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
If they plan on him playing strong safety I'm sure the OC's in the NFC South are already licking their chops. He's perfect for their system at LB tho.
Yeah, cause the thought of Jermaine Phillips at SS sends shivers up their spines.

In my opinion, there are two places to play June, weakside LB and SS. So unless Brooks is going to change positions, I see June playing safety.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran

Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Question

Why would we sign a all-pro LB to play S???