Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-13-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
So how are you all feeling about Doug Free after Shaughnessy beat him twice and Scott beat him once for sacks?
Nah. He was only beat once all game. I just watched every play of his. It was the sack he gave up to Scott, when Kitna didnt step up into the pocket. Either than that, he had no problem all game. Looked very solid.

Shaughnessy beat Brewster, who isnt even a left tackle.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So how are you all feeling about Doug Free after Shaughnessy beat him twice and Scott beat him once for sacks?
I'm feeling like Doug Free should get ready for a Super Bowl ring and a Pro Bowl invite.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Nah. He was only beat once all game. I just watched every play of his. It was the sack he gave up to Scott, when Kitna didnt step up into the pocket. Either than that, he had no problem all game. Looked very solid.

I think someone was just feeling a little "paranoid". lol.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Actually, he didn't give up the one to Scott. Scott was playing LE in the nickel.

I thought Free played the entire first half, but I guess I was wrong.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, he didn't give up the one to Scott. Scott was playing LE in the nickel.

I thought Free played the entire first half, but I guess I was wrong.
Yeah whatever...it was whoever he was on, I wasnt 100% on the defensive player. But yeah, that was the only time he was beat. Free's been impressive in the first two games...it's encouraging.

As for some Raida talk...Houston may have had "coverage sacks", but I absolutely love Houston, I'm jealous. I was lobbying for him all draft season. haha. That's the type I've wanted the last few years, a Ziggy Hood/Lamarr Houston type. Bowen isnt quite the athlete as either of those two, but he can play a similar role, if we ever let him start.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-13-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

A few more observations...

Kudos to Alan Ball for gaining so much good weight...i knew he gained weight but I didnt even notice it until now. Looks more safety like.

Ogletree has been a little overrated early on in his career. He dropped the most passes in training camp and the coaches have noted how inconsistent he is. I've also heard that Ray Sherman has to "stay on him" more then the other receivers, whatever that means. A lack of awareness or drive, maybe? Like a Martellus Bennett of sorts. Not sure, may be reading into that too much. But Ogletree needs a lot of work yet. Amazing ST potential, at least. He's beastly in pursuit and a great tackler.

It's no surprise, but J Williams is very inconsistent yet. Sometimes it looks like he's thinking too much...and he plays like Bobby Carpenter. Finesse, slower than he times, getting knocked around/swallowed up by blockers, letting the play come to him. But at times, you see some real flashes. He had a couple impressive plays in this Raider game. Leon Williams has played great ball as well...it may be hard to keep him off the roster.

Sam Hurd open a lot, all game from what I've seen...he's letting the ball get into his belly a lot now, for some reason.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As for some Raida talk...Houston may have had "coverage sacks", but I absolutely love Houston, I'm jealous. I was lobbying for him all draft season. haha. That's the type I've wanted the last few years, a Ziggy Hood/Lamarr Houston type. Bowen isnt quite the athlete as either of those two, but he can play a similar role, if we ever let him start.

Me and you both, we kept telling people he would be a beast in any scheme. He's got a very high motor and he's relentless in getting after the football. He'll be a stud for Oakland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Mcgee makes Bollinger look like Troy Aikman.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Mcgee makes Bollinger look like Troy Aikman.
Seriously... McGee has no future in the NFL. We're just wasting a roster spot with him.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A few more observations...

Kudos to Alan Ball for gaining so much good weight...i knew he gained weight but I didnt even notice it until now. Looks more safety like.

Ogletree has been a little overrated early on in his career. He dropped the most passes in training camp and the coaches have noted how inconsistent he is. I've also heard that Ray Sherman has to "stay on him" more then the other receivers, whatever that means. A lack of awareness or drive, maybe? Like a Martellus Bennett of sorts. Not sure, may be reading into that too much. But Ogletree needs a lot of work yet. Amazing ST potential, at least. He's beastly in pursuit and a great tackler.

It's no surprise, but J Williams is very inconsistent yet. Sometimes it looks like he's thinking too much...and he plays like Bobby Carpenter. Finesse, slower than he times, getting knocked around/swallowed up by blockers, letting the play come to him. But at times, you see some real flashes. He had a couple impressive plays in this Raider game. Leon Williams has played great ball as well...it may be hard to keep him off the roster.

Sam Hurd open a lot, all game from what I've seen...he's letting the ball get into his belly a lot now, for some reason.
Speaking of Barbie, did you see where he's been benched in favor of 2008 49er reject Larry Grant? So much for him being a stud in a 4 3 scheme.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Speaking of Barbie, did you see where he's been benched in favor of 2008 49er reject Larry Grant? So much for him being a stud in a 4 3 scheme.
lol. I didnt even hear about that.

Quote:
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch confirms that Larry Grant has supplanted Bobby Carpenter as the Rams' starting weak-side linebacker.

Carpenter has lacked physicality in St. Louis, just as he did in Dallas, and will be no better than the fourth linebacker. James Laurinaitis remains the Rams' IDP linebacker to target, but Grant is worth a look in deep leagues.
What a debbie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahahahahahaha@Barbie. Well, it's not like Barron doesn't suck ass too, but I'd rather have a swing tackle with experience vs a guy we were going to cut.

Btw, know how I can tell Felix has an extensive injury history? I was watching Sportscenter, and now on the sidebar on the left you get a preview of what's to come later in the show. Well towards the top for the things they hadn't got to yet, I saw the title "Jones done for season" and I immediately thought to myself '**** me, Felix is hurt son of a *****', until I realized it was Chipper Jones.

I really want him to stay healthy this year, but reading that **** made my heart drop and it wasn't even all that surprising for some reason.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Leave Felix alone. haha. Hopefully a healthy season will erase this injury stigma.

As for that trade...you're on the money. Both players are terrible. Barron had a good camp, but of course when he actually gets into a game, he's a revolving door, as always. Carp getting benched already, is pretty hilarious. But surprising? Not at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Hate to pile on the Ogletree...but I just realized...he played damn near that whole game and didnt do anything, except drop a few passes. The way they've been rotating them, it looks like Hurd is ahead of Ogletree on the depth chart again. Hopefully he comes back with a better game against San Diego, coaches seem lower on him now.

Crayton is going to be a Cowboy lifer. :(

Bryant's injury and Ogletree's lack of apparent progression, keeping Crayton here for life. haha. ugh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-13-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Sooo, I don't know whether to be excited or nervous about the Dez Bryant news.

Word is he is WAY ahead of schedule and Jerry expects him to get snaps in the last 2 pre-season games. So basically he'd be full go by week 1, but man can you imagine if he re-injures it in a meaningless game and is out months or so? I just kinda wanna ease him into things until our week 4 bye then take the reigns off.

MOTH I remember you talked about the Sam Hurd high ankle sprain that killed his season when he looked poised to break out. I mean on one hand those pre-season snaps could be beneficial(as long as he isn't out there very long) but I think everyone would go nuts if he made it worse.

It really doesn't matter what he does because if someone lands on him wrong that could be it.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Hurd was rushed back, yes. And that eventually lead to him injurying himself further and he needed surgey to correct it.

I'm in the same boat as you...I'm going to be very nervous when Dez hits that field again.

Oh and now Colombo is all banged up...our o-line may derail this season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-15-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

saying 2-4 weeks for Colombo
Old 08-15-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The thought of Barron starting is nauseating...and he is even nursing an ankle now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-15-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Barron as a RT isn't as life threatening as a LT, but him in the starting line-up period is just ridiculous. Good thing is that we have two "potentially" easy W's weeks 1-2 with a tough one vs the Texans before the bye week.

I don't want to overlook Chicago or Washington, but we are alot better then both teams on both sides of the ball and we should in no way lose.

Quote:
Old 08-16-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Top tier B-School ain't like any other grad school. You actually need serious business experience to get into top programs as well as the grades and standardized test scores.

Rispet to all who do grad school but going to grad school means different things to different fields. For Top Tier B-Schools, it means you have been pretty good for awhile and have something to show for it besides a report card.
I'm still trying to figure out if you just don't realize how you are coming across or is this schtick.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I'm getting nervous with these injuries. It's better to have a veteran that started a bunch of games to replace Columbo, but I really don't want to see the line disrupted like in 2008. That one injury really hurt them big time.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Man I'm getting nervous with these injuries. It's better to have a veteran that started a bunch of games to replace Columbo, but I really don't want to see the line disrupted like in 2008. That one injury really hurt them big time.
Better never I know, but better now than in December/January. Dallas has an early BYE in Wk. 4 so maybe they can be back by the 5th wk. Not crazy about that early BYE......

BTW what's the NFL rule on a roster exemption for a player who pisses dirty, a Substance Abuse Violation of whatever substance? Probably no exemption, but they get fresh legs in October (see the Texans with Cushing, thank fully he will absent when Dallas plays them on 9/26, a Thurs. night game btw) when he returns. I think Houston is appealing but no word yet.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:56 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'm still trying to figure out if you just don't realize how you are coming across or is this schtick.
You do realise I am not too concerned right?
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Kosier may have a sprained MCL. We may have some big problems this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-18-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kosier may have a sprained MCL. We may have some big problems this year.
U betcha we may.

And yet we still praise Houck for doing a mediocre job since he got here.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote