Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-18-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not like he's had the depth to work with, though. We've been ignoring the o-line for too long. We dont have the cash to bring in decent o-line anymore via FA and we always draft them too late. Next year drafting O-Line early, should be paramount. Jerry will have to cave eventually.

What this also does...this probably pushes Costa onto the 53. Taking away another roster spot from someone who was probably deserving of making this team. They're going to have some tough choices to make getting down to 53.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These injuries are making me sick to my stomach.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
You do realise I am not too concerned right?
You go to a top tier B school in Britain?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys think there's anything to the rumors that Dallas is trying to acquire McNeil from SD?

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 08-19-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, those aren't even real rumors, just something a beat writer asked about trying to get some discussion. He is gonna be a 1st round pick + a huge contract, and if we had money to just dish out like that Austin would have been signed. Plus we need to sign Free soon, maybe Alan Ball, it just doesn't make sense.

Brewster may be good enough, let's see him play. Besides this is why we traded for Barron, while he sucks he's a guy we got to step in for a few weeks in case of injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
You go to a top tier B school in Britain?
No. The "S" got ya thinkin?
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brewster may not even be next in line in the regular season. He's looked pretty bad a tackle. Wouldnt be surprised if Young was the guy...if both Colombo and Barron couldnt go. Barron will be fine by the regular season, though. He's still terrible, so that doesnt ease some of the worriment.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-19-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you ask me, this team needs to made two trades: one tackle, one interior OL. If we don't do something now, this is going to cost us the season. RT is a huge problem. Colombo got beat for 3 sacks in two possessions last week, and with the missing cartilage in his knee, we might be looking at a degenerative situation. I don't like what we have on the inside, either. Kosier is an average player and starting the season off like this does not bode well. Just far too many question marks to have any confidence that it will turn out well. We should make a move or lower our expectations for this season. Best case seems to be 10-6 to me, and this thing could really implode if we don't start taking this situation seriously.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People are night and day with Brewster. They read a report in camp that he's doing well and the sky is bright as day... they see him beat in preseason and he's crap.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brewster has some upside that I like. He just needs to stay on his assignments. He has some quickness that may serve him well inside. Right now I see more good in him than bad. His problem just seems to be being a young player that occasionally misses assignments. I think he'll be a real solid player once he gets the hang of things. The problem is that we probably can't afford to wait on him to turn it on.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
No. The "S" got ya thinkin?
I wouldn't say 'thinking'.

As for Brewster, Broadus has been fairly positive on him. I think the biggest problem is that he lost that year last year. I think he will be a good backup, but I don't see him as a front line starter. He needs to get stronger and shape his body more and that lost time is hurting him. I think he'll be a valuable guy that can play multiple positions in the future.

I think Young is the interesting one to watch here. He appears to be a Columbo clone. He needs to add some strength, but he's a guy that is not pretty but gives max effort. I think he could be a solid RT in the league.

My biggest concern is interior OL. I think we are fine at OT, especially given that in a major pinch, we could use Davis at RT. I think interior OL is a much bigger concern.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 08-20-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'd be much more concerned with T than G. Our G's arent going to get Romo killed. One of these backup tackles may.

And the starters are playing the first half tomorrow. Romo's back is already tweaked...I'm going to be nervous with that line.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-20-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So AOA is playing tomorrow? Sweet.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

yessir. He's taken to camp beautifully as well. We've heard that all before, but it's really encouraging. Coaches seem to be excited. I cant wait to see him. He may even win this kick returning job. I'd rather him do it then Dez anyway. Dezzy can handle PR, when he's up to it.

Sean Lee and Lissemore will go as well, I believe.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-20-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Yes! I wanted to see AOA and Lissemore play.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are you guys looking for from the Cowboys vs the Chargers today? I got three things:

1. Offensive TD in the red zone for the 1st team offense
2. No sacks allowed by the 1st team O-Line
3. No injuries period!
Old 08-21-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well the 1st team line is a patchwork line right now. No sacks would be amazing...but I wouldnt hold my breathe, with two starters out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-21-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Well the 1st team line is a patchwork line right now. No sacks would be amazing...but I wouldnt hold my breathe, with two starters out.
It's a little bit of a pipe dream heh.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
It's a little bit of a pipe dream heh.
I'll save my pipe dreams for winning super bowls. Let the SD line kill Kitna for all I care.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCray is proving himself on STs. nice. Can he play Safety? What steal that'd be....
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Looks like we'll get good looks at Sean Lee and Barry Church tonight.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

offense and defense has looked terrible so far
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Bobby Carpenter would've got that sack if he was playing instead of Lee. lol

Old 08-21-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Hahahaha! It's alright Church, he still got a nice return regardless.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:47 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm going to check out the game later today. I see Ogletree did nothing again. If these injuries make us take 5 receivers instead 6...I wonder if he could be in some trouble, actually. I doubt it, but just throwing it out there. Hurd has performed out there, Oggs hasnt. I still think we keep 6.

I really, really, really just want to cut Roy. Sigh. If I had my way, i'd show Roy and Pat the door right now and just go in with the rest. Miles and Dez starting, with Hurd at #3. Miles in the slot, Hurd on the outside with three WR sets.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS