Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-07-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I dunno bro.. The Dawgz are coming Provo
against a first year QB and RB. I don't know what BYU is gonna do, but i'm taking Jake Locker over Heaps any day of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah you got a point. But we'll have to see how Heaps progresses through the summer. I can't wait for the season to start to see some new faces on both sides the ball.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be doing write ups of ever Mountain West team and give season predictions..

I CARE about Mountain West football

Old 06-16-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Utah is about to head to the Pac10. It's a sad day for MWC athletics. It makes me curious if they will invite a school like Houston or SMU now that there is a huge gap left by the departing Utes.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Utah will begin play in Pac-10 in 2011.

Craig Thompson says he's gotten phone calls from 8 to 10 teams with interest in MWC, but they are staying at 9

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-19-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Looks like Utah is about to head to the Pac10. It's a sad day for MWC athletics. It makes me curious if they will invite a school like Houston or SMU now that there is a huge gap left by the departing Utes.
Houston is a good idea. I was starting to really get revved up about MWC before Utah bolted. If they want a BCS automatic qualifier they may need to think about changing the geographic footprint of the conference.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Craig Thompson says he's gotten phone calls from 8 to 10 teams with interest in MWC, but they are staying at 9. The fact is, there's no team out there the MWC could take that wouldn't drag down its avg BCS ranking, hurt AQ case.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-19-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

**** the Utes

Old 06-21-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5299078

Yup, MWC staying at 9.

Can't see them getting an auto-bid even if they added anyone that's left to add. At least not for a couple years.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5299078

Yup, MWC staying at 9.

Can't see them getting an auto-bid even if they added anyone that's left to add. At least not for a couple years.
I don't think they ever will be getting an Auto-bid. In my opinion, the BCS was anxious about making the MWC an AQ conference because it would now create 7 conferences which would alter what is "working" for the BCS. I doubt there will ever be a school which has the caliber of athletic programs like Utah that will be available to be added to the MWC. Their best chance is by adding universities like Houston, Fresno State, and maybe SMU, Tulsa, or Nevada.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-21-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the perfect time for the MWC and the WAC to merge and make a super-hiper-mega conference of evil.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Until Utah went to the Pac10, they were my lock for the Big 12s soon to be vacant Automatic Bid.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
This is the perfect time for the MWC and the WAC to merge and make a super-hiper-mega conference of evil.
I think the MWC should just invite the best of what's available which is Nevada, Fresno State, and Houston.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-22-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Until Utah went to the Pac10, they were my lock for the Big 12s soon to be vacant Automatic Bid.
Why "soon to be vacant"?

The big blow of losing Nebraska is not in football, but in everthing else. Nebraska has an extremely well rounded sports program. Men's basketball is about the only thing they dont do well. The BCS is still under the NCAA thumb, so all that matters. However, such actions are rarely quick, as the MWC well knows. In football terms, the Big X still has the top two, and arguably three, football programs from before.

The question is whether they look to pick up a couple programs for next year. Protestations aside, TCU is glaringly obvious, and BYU would fit well in their North. Houston, Memphis and a few other schools will not less well received, since they have issues with recruiting violations, and tend to be one dimensional. Because of the need for a rounded program, I think BYU will be very tempting.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reason why all of those teams left: Money. If The big 12 doesn't figure out how to generate revenue outside of Texas and Oklahoma (the universities, not the states), the next time they threaten to leave might as well close the conference. I don't know what the conference commissioner showed them or said to them, but whatever it was must have been a promise to generate more money coming into the conference.

If that doesn't happen, I could see this same problem down the road in 5 years.

edit: If schools come into the Big 12, I wouldn't be totally shocked but the conference hinges on two schools.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jake Heaps
Austyn Carta Samuels III
Jordan Wynn

Conference of young, dope, goofy QB's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5473151

Soo the MWC is going to be pretty much irrelevant if this happens.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 08-18-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

http://twitter.com/TheMWC/status/21522274286

The Mountain West has extended invitations to Fresno State and Nevada to join.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-18-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/08/18/...-join-mwc.html

Fresno State to join the Mountain West.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-18-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good. Pat Hill runs a nice program
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Nevada accepts invite to the Mountain West
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...onference.html

Official word from the MWC on the addition of Fresno State and Nevada:
http://www.themwc.com/genrel/081810aac.html

The Big Ten had their 12-18 month timetable for expansion, the Mountain West took 12-18 hours. I think with the addition of Fresno State and Nevada that BYU should see just how damn competitive the MWC can be now and that hopefully changes their stance on leaving.

Current MWC line-up if BYU stays:

Air Force
Boise State
BYU
Colorado State
Fresno State
Nevada
New Mexico
San Diego State
TCU
UNLV
Wyoming

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by diabsoule : 08-19-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:45 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully BYU leaves and comes to our conference. You guys are killing us.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:57 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The Big Ten had their 12-18 month timetable for expansion, the Mountain West took 12-18 hours. I think with the addition of Fresno State and Nevada that BYU should see just how damn competitive the MWC can be now and that hopefully changes their stance on leaving.

Air Force
Boise State
BYU
Colorado State
Fresno State
Nevada
San Diego State
TCU
UNLV
Wyoming
If BYU stays I think the MWC is very similar to the Big East. It would have looked really nice if Utah stayed.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Air Force
Boise State
BYU
Colorado State
Fresno State
Nevada
San Diego State
TCU
UNLV
Wyoming
You're probably joking, but differences in time taken between the Big Ten and MWC aren't really comparable.

If BYU stays, I like the look of the MWC. If Utah would have stayed, they would have been golden, but they still are a strong, up and coming conference. We'll have to see how guys like Boise St., BYU, and Fresno deal with stiffer competition on a regular basis.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 08-19-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I would LOVE to see Houston in the new MWC.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter