Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-19-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Why would you want to stay at 150? Do you fight?
Don't fight but i do BJJ

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
Don't fight but i do BJJ
Would you need to make weight at 150?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
For those of you who run, what's your best 2 mile time? My brother just got done with a 2mile at 10:15 and that just blew my ******* mind.
I will never in my life be able to do that. I don't really even want to, I'm sure the work wouldn't be worth it to me.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:52 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For those of you who run, what's your best 2 mile time? My brother just got done with a 2mile at 10:15 and that just blew my ******* mind.
That is insane. Used to have to run 3km(bout 1.9m) in under 13m twice for footy(Aussie Rules). The 2nd one always used to be ******* hard and hurt like hell, reckon I could have gotten down to probably 11m on the first if I didn't have to run a second one... but 10:15 is insane... What's he weigh in at, was doing mine at about 210lb...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hurt my shoulder now, this is ridiculous. I think I went a little too heavy on Bradford presses the other day. Still benching today tho, we'll see how it goes.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Would you need to make weight at 150?
It depends on different places but keep in mind that i'm 5'6 so i'd like to stay pretty lean.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Old 08-20-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
I would like to be a regular runner but shin splints get to me when running long distances.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:

Old 08-20-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got sick, can't work out. :( Haven't eaten yet today.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

ok so i use to weigh 235 and last year i just lost the weight and i weigh 170 now. when i lost all of the weight i did it by simply eating less. Now that i have lost the weight my skin sags a little (nothing too bad just a little flabby for my taste) anyways im too lazy to go to the gym evreyday. I had a plan of doing 100 pushups a day. I was wondering if you think this will do a good enough job of making my flab go away? any suggestions on anything else i could do for someone who doesnt have the time to go to the gym?
Old 08-23-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
That is insane. Used to have to run 3km(bout 1.9m) in under 13m twice for footy(Aussie Rules). The 2nd one always used to be ******* hard and hurt like hell, reckon I could have gotten down to probably 11m on the first if I didn't have to run a second one... but 10:15 is insane... What's he weigh in at, was doing mine at about 210lb...
He's a skinny bastard, like 5'11" 150lbs. He's always beat me with the cardio/endurance stuff.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would you guys recommend I take to bulk up, I'm about to begin a second cycle of Kre-Alkalyn. Would some basic Whey Protein from GNC do the trick? Ive also been pounding milk. On my first cycle of creatine I moved up 40 pounds on bench and gained 10 lbs.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:45 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992 View Post
ok so i use to weigh 235 and last year i just lost the weight and i weigh 170 now. when i lost all of the weight i did it by simply eating less. Now that i have lost the weight my skin sags a little (nothing too bad just a little flabby for my taste) anyways im too lazy to go to the gym evreyday. I had a plan of doing 100 pushups a day. I was wondering if you think this will do a good enough job of making my flab go away? any suggestions on anything else i could do for someone who doesnt have the time to go to the gym?
I would think 100 pushups a day only wouldn't give your body, specifically the muscles you use to do pushups, time to recover. You don't sound very motivated so honestly I doubt you would stick with any form of exercise. I am not trying to be negative it just seems like unless a person is motivated they'll try exercise for a week or two and then just stop.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-23-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting a lifting program today after being off all summer half marathon training. Hoping to add 10lbs of lean muscle.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

starting a lifting program always sucks. You'll be sore shitless, but once you get into the swing off it you love it.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what are you doing bob sanders dreadlock
Old 08-23-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I feel like I should address a misconception I see here a lot. Whey protein is not and never has been the way to gain weight. Most proteins are quite low in calories and are actually more effective at preserving muscle mass when cutting. If you are trying to gain weight, protein shakes should be used for recovery post workout, but other than that eat real food that packs some serious calories. So, does whey protein "do the trick" for gaining weight, no it doesn't. Milk, nuts, meat, cheese, eggs, and pasta are just a number of foods that will "do the trick" though.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Also, no 100 pushups will not really do anything. It's better than nothing, but if you are actually serious about changing your body you need to put the work in. You said yourself that you are lazy, it makes sense that your body will continue to look like it.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about to start a new program. I'm trying to get up to 215 with 12% bf or lower. I'm at around 190 at 16%. Lots of compounds here.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was done really well with waking up early, working out every day, and eating very well. After getting a job my routine has been shaken up. I am no longer going to the gym as often as I would like mostly because I'm worn out from the work that I do. For the most part I'm in the sun for 4-7 hours a day sweating gallons so when it's time to knock off I'm just exhausted and ready to relax.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I would think 100 pushups a day only wouldn't give your body, specifically the muscles you use to do pushups, time to recover. You don't sound very motivated so honestly I doubt you would stick with any form of exercise. I am not trying to be negative it just seems like unless a person is motivated they'll try exercise for a week or two and then just stop.
ok lets say i was motivated. what workouts could you recommend for someone who doesnt have time to go to the gym or weights?
Old 08-23-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

Quote:
ok lets say i was motivated. what workouts could you recommend for someone who doesnt have time to go to the gym or weights?
You don't have one hour out of your day?

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:

Old 08-23-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do pushups do any good at all? I thought I heard if you were a pretty skinny guy to begin with they help but you'll plateau at some point. I've just been on the http://hundredpushups.com/ program for now because I'm moving back to college in a few weeks and then I'll have a free gym membership so I thought it would be a waste of money to get one back home.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Do pushups do any good at all? I thought I heard if you were a pretty skinny guy to begin with they help but you'll plateau at some point. I've just been on the http://hundredpushups.com/ program for now because I'm moving back to college in a few weeks and then I'll have a free gym membership so I thought it would be a waste of money to get one back home.

Any exercise isn't a bad thing at all. I'm currently doing that regiment as well just to give me a little extra something to do.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Pushups are great, but lifting heavy clearly the best way to get bigger and you will clearly plateau with only bodyweight exercises.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
The best shape I've ever been in resulted in a combo of lifting with compound movements and enough cardio to ensure I didn't get tired doing things like playing frisbee or helping a friend move.

Bodyweight things like pushups, pullups, situps, bodyweight squats and calf raises, etc. are obviously going to be better than nothing but a combo of diet, weights, and moderate cardio will give you more returns for about the same amount of effort. For just having your skin draw in after weight loss I've read it just takes time, but I've never been in that situation. I imagine working out would shorten that time.

If you have a plan to stick to you might find it doesn't take that long. If you did a program like Starting Strength you'd spend 3 hours max in the gym per week. You would have to really commit to it in terms of intensity, but it really isn't time-intensive at all if you just stick to it.

i done stole dis sig