Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 08-22-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flat out lovely to see Johnson hit the pine and they get a new safety in there, also lovely to see Sullivan not get snaps and Herrera play a little center. Probably will not fly but at least they realize they need more than Sullivan at center.

Also if they cut Joe Webb I will kill someone. Yeah sure not going to build a team around him, but the kid is huge, sees over the defense, is an outstanding athlete and simply looks calm and cool in the pocket and can improve so much. He is by far the better project quarterback when comparing Jackson in his first season. Jackson is just not that big, not that calm in the pocket and looks rushed. We cannot cut Webb!

Cook is really impressing as well, that is a surprise because he did not much on Virginia. And yes their defensive line, like was said on the broadcast, they are the best in football considering their depth, that second unit could start for 1/3 or maybe even 1/2 of the NFL teams.

Note best play of the game, you all know what it was ;o)
Old 08-23-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure the reason that Sullivan didn't play was because he injured his ankle, nothing to do with benching him. Cooper started with the first team at C and Herrera at RG and then Herrera played a little C with the 2nd team. I don't know about Webb being the future at QB, but damn! he's one hell of an athlete

I was very pleased with EJ's play, he looked very good. Overall though I didn't think we looked very good, sure a few players stood out, but overall I wasn't impressed.

If I get a chance I'll right up some more thoughts, but if I don't get to it tonight or tomorrow I'm not gonna get around to it at all.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For once I agree with Ozzy. I fully support Joe Webb as a project QB. The kid is an amazing athlete. Hell, we could have a Tom Brady situation brewing. I don't care if he ends up making the roster as a WR or TE or w/e, but he needs to make the roster in some way.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah EJ looked great, very good to have him back. Still need to fix our offensive line, then again might not want too for reasons we all know ;o)

But in terms of the running game, it is not that dominating at all, it was not even last year and with the backs we have we should be able to run the ball better. Hell Titans offensive line would kill ours, they can flat out run block and do so very well. Our guys are slow, do not stay on their blocks and arguably outside of Hutchinson none of them are elite run blockers. McKinnie seems to be losing it, Loadholt is ok but not elite, can lean on a guy just like McKinnie can though. Still say the center with Sullivan is not ideal for the run game, sure he can move but he is not powerful once he gets to the point. DeGeare is a great pickup though, he should make the team and be a solid guard opposite Hutchinson. Honestly though with that talent at running back we should be a LOT better running team than we are.

And again, great to see that defensive line, especially the backups against so many good offensive linemen with the 49ers. That second unit played great against which shows it was not just the poor Rams offensive line they were up against, guys like Robison, Guion, Mitchell and Evans can flat out play.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
For once I agree with Ozzy. I fully support Joe Webb as a project QB. The kid is an amazing athlete. Hell, we could have a Tom Brady situation brewing. I don't care if he ends up making the roster as a WR or TE or w/e, but he needs to make the roster in some way.
I think he's a hell of an athlete, and like I said, I don't know if he'll ever be anything at QB, but he's an incredible athlete. I'd like to see him at WR, especially with Rice out for a while, using his large frame in that same role, but at this point he's gotta be too far behind to make the transition full time this year. Maybe we could start having him spend a little time at WR and in the WR meetings, as well as at QB, although learning both positions as a rookie in an entirely new system would have to be tough as hell. A guy can dream though, right?

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
marshallb I think he's a hell of an athlete, and like I said, I don't know if he'll ever be anything at QB, but he's an incredible athlete. I'd like to see him at WR, especially with Rice out for a while, using his large frame in that same role, but at this point he's gotta be too far behind to make the transition full time this year. Maybe we could start having him spend a little time at WR and in the WR meetings, as well as at QB, although learning both positions as a rookie in an entirely new system would have to be tough as hell. A guy can dream though, right?
Yeah I never listen to sports talk radio, but stopped on it while driving yesterday.

They said the same ****, and yes Webb could move to receiver, but honestly clearly Favre should not have come back if the team is scrambling so much just to fill a receiver spot and make him happy and will sign any loser receiver Brett likes off the street, aka Javon Walker. Seriously this is clear effect he has on the future of the Vikings roster. They are doing whatever the hell right now because Rice is out for awhile and Harvin has been having his issues and Favre is scared because without weapons to throw to he is about as useless as can be. Heck I heard a guy say he would still throw for 24 TDs and 12 INTs this year with the weaker receiving core, I personally think if Rice does not come back the way he was and neither does Harvin, say Harvin is on and off that number for his season touch downs and INTs is going to be way lower on the TD side and higher on the INT side. That is if he even makes it through the season uninjured!

Kind of funny how they are scrambling though, and kind of sad. But in the long run, if Vince Young gets a shot at quarterback, so should Webb. However yes this year maybe move him to receiver, because he clearly will not be playing much quarterback. Has that ever happen though? A quarterback moves to receiver early in his career then moves back to quarterback later and develops into one? I cannot remember that happening ever.