Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-24-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ok lets say i was motivated. what workouts could you recommend for someone who doesnt have time to go to the gym or weights?
If you don't have the time to go to the gym how are you expecting any results? Anything that you can do without weights is going to take longer to get results than the gym.

For instance doing 100 pushups is basically the same as doing a couple of sets of bench press, only pushups are as much cardio as they are strength, especially doing 100 of them.

Not trying to be a dick but you really need to sell out to any program if you want any kind of real results, it's basically about making the time and committing to doing it.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Changing your body is so hard. It takes a lot of time and effort. You have to put your mind to it.

With that said let me answer your question. Doing 100 pushups is great, because it's better then nothing and it's one the best workouts you could do without weights. It works your chest, shoulders, triceps, and back. You will also notice you're abs are contracted the whole time.

The thing is, you won't be doing 100 push ups for long. You might do it for like 3 days and then stop. It will get boring as ****. You will forget to do them sometime, you won't feel like doing it other times. I'm not trying to get you down, but it's only natural that you will get sick of doing the same thing over and over again.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992 View Post
ok lets say i was motivated. what workouts could you recommend for someone who doesnt have time to go to the gym or weights?
Weights don't have to be in the traditional sense. If you can't get to the gym for whatever reason just get a canvas bag and fill it with sand. You have weights. Fill a laundry detergent bottle with rocks and water, weights. Get creative.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I'm about to start a new program. I'm trying to get up to 215 with 12% bf or lower. I'm at around 190 at 16%. Lots of compounds here.

Care to share it?
Old 08-24-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you measure your bf?
Old 08-24-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been trying to find a place to get my bf measured but can't seem to find a proper place.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****, was I out of shape. Just did the first day of P90X (decided to try it due to very positive reviews, friend lent it to me) and I feel as if I'm going to throw up.

I'm 5'11, 143 lbs., and don't regularly work out. Really struggle to gain weight, can eat anything and won't notice any gains.

Let's see how much I can take this and how I wound up. I'm taking some supplements though, that should help.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't do P90X if you're trying to gain weight. It's an effective program, but not for what you're looking for.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I wouldn't do P90X if you're trying to gain weight. It's an effective program, but not for what you're looking for.
It'll get his upper body ripped. Just be prepared to be bored out of your mind after the first 3 weeks.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I just want to be fit, not body-building big. Cardio is a big no-no from what I understand when body-building.

I'm also going to follow the meal plan. Starting with chicken tonight.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All bodybuilders do cardio but most of them do boring slow steady state cardio.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been "lifting heavy" for years. But I just downloaded P90X, and I'm thinking about giving it ago. I'm already the leanest I've been in years, but I figure, I can atleast gain some stamina/flexibility here. Interesting workout. It's pretty old school, but at a very high pace. Even though, I'm in good shape now, I've heard it will kick my ass. So, I'll probably being doing this for the next 90 days or so. haha. Should be interesting. My drive is pretty damn low, since I dont play sports anymore, so I fail to see the need to keep killing myself, trying to maintain a football weight. haha. So, I figure I'll give this ago and see how it goes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
All bodybuilders do cardio but most of them do boring slow steady state cardio.
Plenty of guys do no cardio at all.

If you actually mean real body builders...tons of treadmill work on an empty stomach as soon as they wake up. More so while cutting. If you're trying to gain mass, you have to keep the cardio to a minimum.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-24-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
It'll get his upper body ripped. Just be prepared to be bored out of your mind after the first 3 weeks.
It changes up after the first three weeks. With more isolation excericises from what I saw. They call the 5+ weeks the "growth weeks". Now, you wont make huge gains, but that's on you. Because there are plenty of opportunities to lift heavy while you're doing the program. That being said, there is so much uptempo/cardio involved, it'd be tough to make any substantial gains.

P90X is more of a beachbody type thing for the fit and a weight loss program for the over weight.

edit...

At the very worst, if you stick with P90X...you're going to gain strength, stamina, flexibility, and "explosion" to a point. Diet is still essential to get the full benefit and the type of body, you see from the select few in the infomercial.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-24-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

For those interested, this is your "classic" P90X workout schedule.

It consists of tons and tons and tons of core work and high intensity throughout. I'll probably start doing this within the next two days. haha. Should be fun.

(weeks 1-3)

Day 1. Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 2. Plyometrics
Day 3. Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Day 4. Yoga X
Day 5. Legs &Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 6. Kenpo X
Day 7. Rest or X Stretch

(week 4)

Day 1. Yoga X
Day 2. Core Synergistics
Day 3. Kenpo X
Day 4. X Stretch
Day 5. Core Synergistics
Day 6. Yoga X
Day 7. Rest or X Stretch

(week 5-7)

Day 1. Chest, Shoulders, &Triceps, Ab Ripper X
Day 2. Plyometrics
Day 3. Back & Biceps, Ab Ripper X
Day 4. Yoga X
Day 5. Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 6. Kenpo X
Day 7. Rest or X Stretch

(week 8)

Day 1. Yoga X
Day 2. Core Synergistics
Day 3. Kenpo X
Day 4. X Stretch
Day 5. Core Synergistics
Day 6. Yoga X
Day 7. Rest or X Stretch

(week 9)

Day 2. Plyometrics
Day 3. Shoulder & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Day 4. Yoga X
Day 6. Kenpo X
Day 7. Rest or X Stretch

(week 10)

Day 1. Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps, Ab Ripper X
Day 2. Plyometrics
Day 4. Yoga X
Day 6. Kenpo X
Day 7. Rest or X Stretch

(week 11)

Day 2. Plyometrics
Day 3. Shoulder & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Day 4. Yoga X
Day 6. Kenpo X
Day 7. Rest or X Stretch

(week 12)

Day 1. Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps, Ab Ripper X
Day 2. Plyometrics
Day 4. Yoga X
Day 6. Kenpo X
Day 7. Rest or X Stretch

(week 13)

Day 1. Yoga X
Day 2. Core Synergistics
Day 3. Kenpo X
Day 4. X Stretch
Day 5. Core Synergistics
Day 6. Yoga X
Day 7. Rest or X Stretch

You could work out every damn day, if you so choose. Your rest days are pretty much yoga days or extensive stretch days.

Just to clarify...

Ab Ripper X is a high intesity ab workout.

Kenpo X is essentially a martial arts inspired workout.

Everyone probably knows what plyometrics is, considering we all play/played sports...but if not, it's all about building/improving explosion.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-25-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I did the plyometric things for extra cardio...man does that **** kick your ass. After 3 weeks of it I could only do 30-35 mins without having to take a break. Even the 30 second breaks they give you, you still move around.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even when trying to bulk, I keep cardio involved for health reasons. Slow and steady for about a half hour to 45 mins every workout.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my friend bought me Monster Milk even though I don't want to take supplements. Since he spent like a $100 on it or so I guess I might as well use it.

Anyone know anything about it??

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-25-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really should give P90X a try. What kind of workout equiptment do you need to get to do it?
Old 08-25-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
So my friend bought me Monster Milk even though I don't want to take supplements. Since he spent like a $100 on it or so I guess I might as well use it.

Anyone know anything about it??
Heard it wasnt anything special. It's high is cals for protein from what I have heard, so if your bulking thats good. It's not the best, but its free so just use it. It probably tastes great.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Heard it wasnt anything special. It's high is cals for protein from what I have heard, so if your bulking thats good. It's not the best, but its free so just use it. It probably tastes great.
You're thinking of muscle milk.

Monster milk has 175 calories per 25 grams of protein. The nutritional content looks fine to me. It was probably overpriced but whatever.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:

Monster milk has 175 calories per 25 grams of protein. The nutritional content looks fine to me. It was probably overpriced but whatever.
I exaggerated with the price number to say it's too pricey. I think it's like $60-70.

It has 50g of protein per serving.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-25-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I exaggerated with the price number to say it's too pricey. I think it's like $60-70.

It has 50g of protein per serving.
but the serving is probably 2 scoop.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

Thats pretty high for protein. Your standard whey is around the 110-120 range. Now is 50 cals a huge difference, not really, but its all relative. A 50 calorie addition to a normal of 120 represents a big increase. It's not a gainer per se, but it is a good protein to bulk on. The protein I take is 200 calories for 50 grams.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
but the serving is probably 2 scoop.
Yea, but what's your point? Not trying to be a dick, I just don't know why it matters how many scoops it is.

It's 2 scoops and 18-20 oz of water, or milk.

Quote:
we all hate you