Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Detriot Lions' #2 Pick is Being Shopped; Bly To Stay Put in Denver

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5457658

The Broncos were a candidate, but backed out after too high an asking Price

Personally, i think the lions might want to sit for quinn.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling they want to trade down a little and pick up Gaines Adams, but staying at #2 and taking Brady Quinn is certainly a possibility. Taking Joe Thomas is another.

Signature made by me

2009-2010 Pick the Winners: 190-77
2010-2011 Pick the Winners: 162-105
2011-2012 Pick the Winners: 168-99
2012-2013 Pick the Winners: 171-95-1

Sveen's 2013 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5457658

The Broncos were a candidate, but backed out after too high an asking Price

Personally, i think the lions might want to sit for quinn.
Sit for Quinn huh? Detroit is so adament about wanting to trade down it's not even funny. They don't want Brady Quinn. Detroit wants Drew Stanton.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:10 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

I really hope the Cardinals don't trade up to the #2 pick.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
I really hope the Cardinals don't trade up to the #2 pick.
It would probably be the only way to get Thomas though and they certainly need him

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard on ESPN, I think it was John Clayton reporting that the Lions might be trying to make a deal with Cleveland to swap first rounders.

Now, I can't see the reasoning in this, because I can't figure who the Browns would want that badly. I mean, who would they be targeting that wouldn't be there at number three? Brady Quinn?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
I heard on ESPN, I think it was John Clayton reporting that the Lions might be trying to make a deal with Cleveland to swap first rounders.

Now, I can't see the reasoning in this, because I can't figure who the Browns would want that badly. I mean, who would they be targeting that wouldn't be there at number three? Brady Quinn?
That really wouldnt make any sense at all.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Sit for Quinn huh? Detroit is so adament about wanting to trade down it's not even funny. They don't want Brady Quinn. Detroit wants Drew Stanton.
Yeah....

Dumb stuff about the Browns trading up...

I hope that they take Thomas, just to reverse the recent trend of Lion stupidity and add some SURPRISE to the draft!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

The only reason I can think of this would be if Cleveland had their heart set on either Thomas or Quinn and wanted to make sure they got him. I still don't think this happens. The only team I could see that would want to trade up would be Tampa to guarantee themselves CJ if he falls. But I would not expect something like this to happen until draft day, b/c who knows who goes at #1 this year.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
That really wouldnt make any sense at all.
That's what I'm saying... why would the Browns want to move up one spot? I think that it would be extremely foolish, because nobody (in my opinion) is worth moving up one spot and probably giving up more picks.

If it cost the Saints a third rounder to move up three spots a couple of years ago, it would probably cost a lot more to move up to number two overall.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
The only reason I can think of this would be if Cleveland had their heart set on either Thomas or Quinn and wanted to make sure they got him. I still don't think this happens. The only team I could see that would want to trade up would be Tampa to guarantee themselves CJ if he falls. But I would not expect something like this to happen until draft day, b/c who knows who goes at #1 this year.
Exactly . . . my money would be on Thomas, and they want to assure that they get him before Arizona trades up. It won't cost them a ton, but it will be worth it, IMO.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I didn't realize that the Lions shopping their 2nd overall pick was new news. Nor was Bly staying in Denver new news.

Before the Jets got Thomas Jones, the rumor was the Jets were going to trade up (Vilma + our first) for Adrian Peterson.

Then the rumor was the Texans trading up to get Brady Quinn.

Then the rumor was the Bills were going to trade up for Brady Quinn.

Then the rumor was the Falcons were going to trade up for Calvin Johnson.

Then the rumor was the Bills were going to trade up for Adrian Peterson.

Then the rumor was the Cardinals were going to trade up for Joe Thomas...

With that many rumors involving the Lions 2nd overall, of course they are shopping it.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns trading up one spot really beneffited the Lions the last time that happened. :)

hehe...
Old 03-17-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that a deal was close to sending Culpepper to Detroit in exchange for the 2nd overall pick... rumor obviously, but I heard it was heavily discussed recently
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no body would take that deal, not even millen
Old 03-17-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
no body would take that deal, not even millen
I assumed he meant Culpepper + the Vikings 1st round pick for the Lions first round pick.....
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
I didn't realize that the Lions shopping their 2nd overall pick was new news. Nor was Bly staying in Denver new news.

Before the Jets got Thomas Jones, the rumor was the Jets were going to trade up (Vilma + our first) for Adrian Peterson.

Then the rumor was the Texans trading up to get Brady Quinn.

Then the rumor was the Bills were going to trade up for Brady Quinn.

Then the rumor was the Falcons were going to trade up for Calvin Johnson.

Then the rumor was the Bills were going to trade up for Adrian Peterson.

Then the rumor was the Cardinals were going to trade up for Joe Thomas...

With that many rumors involving the Lions 2nd overall, of course they are shopping it.
Good post, exactly how I feel on it as well.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I assumed he meant Culpepper + the Vikings 1st round pick for the Lions first round pick.....
That would be correct.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 03-17-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Interesting that the Vikings would let the Dolphins trade their pick. I know they're a stupid franchise but I didn't know they were that stupid.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Interesting that the Vikings would let the Dolphins trade their pick. I know they're a stupid franchise but I didn't know they were that stupid.
XD (10 char.)
Old 03-17-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I heard that a deal was close to sending Culpepper to Detroit in exchange for the 2nd overall pick... rumor obviously, but I heard it was heavily discussed recently
I would LOVE to trade Culpepper + our 9th pick to the Lions for their 2nd overall pick.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Miami Herald is saying that the Lions and Dolphins almost pulled the trigger on a big deal on Wednesday night. The deal would have sent Detroit's #2 to Miami for #9, a 2nd Rounder, and Daunte Culpepper.
That's what one of the best Lions' fan posted at another forum that I post at. No link or anything so take it for what it's worth.

Last edited by Flyboy : 03-17-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
That's what one of the best Lions' fan posted. No link or anything so take it for what it's worth.
Sounds BS to me. I read the Miami Herald dailey and no where did I read anything about a deal almost being done. It would have been on the front page if it was true.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why would they post a rumored trade on their frontpage? i heard the rumor but its all bs IMO Martz has said that he doesnt like culpepper as a QB in his system when he interviewed for the HC job in Miami i see no reason why they lions would take on culpepper with his injuries and huge contract
Old 03-17-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol at the C-Pep and Miami's pick for the #2 overall pick. That's basically saying that Daunte's value has gone up to a mid first rounder after his performance in 2006.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote