Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-29-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
That was two plays... in the 4th quarter of a game. Peyton Manning threw a pick 6 to lose the super bowl.. does he suck? (Im not a manning supporter so this is a contradiction to myself, but everyone else sucks his ugly dick lol)

Hatcher is my darkhouse to break out, don't get me wrong there either. I just think Spears is undervalued in the running game. And it will show.

But Dez is going to make the difference. Just watch. Ahhh i cant wait!

My point is that your acting like Spears would have made such a huge difference last night, and what I'm telling you is we have gotten ran on constantly with him in the line-up. I bet it would have been easy for those runs if Spears was out to say "well if we had Spears that wouldn't have happened".

If your good vs the run you just are, like I said those are the only circumstances I can find on film, please let's not ever again compare Peyton Manning to a conversation about an average at best 3-4 DE in Marcus Spears.

Teams have, and will continue to run right at him and he gets pushed all over the field at times. Some of our worst games against the run have been with him in the line-up(as he rarely misses a game), so let's not go overboard by last night.

I'm the first to say Spears is good against the run no denying, but to say that Hatcher and Bowen are miles behind him in that dept is false, and they both are clearly better players then him at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We released Pat Watkins today.

Always liked Pat, but he never came close to the player we all hoped he would become.

Sicko and Hudgins also got the ax. Not surprisingly. I thought Sicko would make the team by default, a few weeks ago. But as he missed more and more time, his chances disappeared. Shame...he's not a bad player. Concussions are a *****.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Spears is crap. Has been and always will be. The faster he's gone the better.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Marcus Spears is crap. Has been and always will be. The faster he's gone the better.
Biggest problem for Spears is that 3-4 DEs taken in the first round need to be ELITE. He's been solid, performed well in his role, but he isn't dominant and he isn't elite. Had he of been taken in the 2nd or 3rd round it would be really hard to draw him up as crap.

But in terms of playing 2 down 3-4 DE I take him easily over his backups. The 'Boys miss his anchoring the when Hatcher or Bowen takes the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H View Post
We released Pat Watkins today.

Always liked Pat, but he never came close to the player we all hoped he would become.

Sicko and Hudgins also got the ax. Not surprisingly. I thought Sicko would make the team by default, a few weeks ago. But as he missed more and more time, his chances disappeared. Shame...he's not a bad player. Concussions are a *****.
Hopefully Sicko and Hudgins slip through the cracks and land on our Practice Squad. Sicko really had a giant opportunity negated by his concussion.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Biggest problem for Spears is that 3-4 DEs taken in the first round need to be ELITE. He's been solid, performed well in his role, but he isn't dominant and he isn't elite. Had he of been taken in the 2nd or 3rd round it would be really hard to draw him up as crap.

But in terms of playing 2 down 3-4 DE I take him easily over his backups. The 'Boys miss his anchoring the when Hatcher or Bowen takes the field.
Nah. I don't care if he went undrafted. Dude doesn't make any impact upon a game. In fact, I wish he was an UDFA because at least THEN, the team would feel less inclined to keep him. If the team made a judgement purely on talent and merit, Spears would've been cut ages ago.

Hatcher and Bowen make more plays in their limited time than Spears does in his boatload of time on the field.

Also, Igor ain't that great either. He's pretty much a bust of a FA pick up so far.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What? Igor played pretty well last year. He's not spectacular, but he holds up well against the run like he was brought in to do. He's no pass rusher, but I think Wade knew that when he got him.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Spears:

Million-$ body, 10-cent head. Yeah he really is as dumb as he looks & sounds.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, Igor ain't that great either. He's pretty much a bust of a FA pick up so far.
Shock jock?

He has not been a bust.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

You don't realize what you got till its gone, and that is what I say about spears. we agree to disagree.

D-Unit, your point is that he makes no plays, while hatcher and bowen do. Let's use this aspect in the arguement of lets say, Terence Newman vs. Asante Samuel. Samuel gets his picks but that b*tch is TRASH of a cornerback, while newman just locks his side down. Same concept here. Im taking newman over samuel everyday of the week. It may not be sexy or to the casual fan who doesn't know much about football who says "OMG asante had 2 picks last night." Yeah but he gave up 250 yards and 3 td's cause he sucks, lol.

Players like Newman and Spears help way more in terms of winning that players like Asante Samuel and defensive end's who maybe get a sack or a nice hurry or 2 and get blown up in the running game. God forbid me for saying this, but i dont want DE's like dwight freeney on my team. A player who is gonna get run over and give up 5+ yards per carry but will get me maybe a sack doesnt matter, becuase the team will just run it for 300 yards and go home with a W.

Idk, thats just me. Agree to disagree.

EDIT: and this is using the players Terence Newman and Asante Samuel were 2=3 years ago, not the aging overpriced vet's they are today. Just to clear that up.

Last edited by xxxxxxxx : 08-30-2010 at 06:03 PM.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You don't realize what you got till its gone, and that is what I say about spears. we agree to disagree.

D-Unit, your point is that he makes no plays, while hatcher and bowen do. Let's use this aspect in the arguement of lets say, Terence Newman vs. Asante Samuel. Samuel gets his picks but that b*tch is TRASH of a cornerback, while newman just locks his side down. Same concept here. Im taking newman over samuel everyday of the week. It may not be sexy or to the casual fan who doesn't know much about football who says "OMG asante had 2 picks last night." Yeah but he gave up 250 yards and 3 td's cause he sucks, lol.

Players like Newman and Spears help way more in terms of winning that players like Asante Samuel and defensive end's who maybe get a sack or a nice hurry or 2 and get blown up in the running game. God forbid me for saying this, but i dont want DE's like dwight freeney on my team. A player who is gonna get run over and give up 5+ yards per carry but will get me maybe a sack doesnt matter, becuase the team will just run it for 300 yards and go home with a W.

Idk, thats just me. Agree to disagree.
Yeah, we'll agree to disagree. I'm sorry, but that is a horrible analogy. When your CB is invisible, that's great. When your DE is invisible, something is wrong. Teams aren't exactly avoiding his side of the field. LOL.

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-30-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Shock jock?

He has not been a bust.
Do you think he's an above average NFL starting 3-4 DE? I don't.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Yeah, we'll agree to disagree. When your CB is invisible, that's great. When your DE is invisible, something is wrong.
Fair point. Touche.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
I kinda like the balance we have tho. Spears and Igor get no pub, but they bring there lunch pails and do there job. Then for pressure we have ratliff, D-ware, and spencer. It's a perfect 5 player balance if you ask me. When they are all playing like they are suppose to, that is.

Your entire front 7 or even d-line can't be 10+ sack players D, its just not gonna happen.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I kinda like the balance we have tho. Spears and Igor get no pub, but they bring there lunch pails and do there job. Then for pressure we have ratliff, D-ware, and spencer. It's a perfect 5 player balance if you ask me. When they are all playing like they are suppose to, that is.

Your entire front 7 or even d-line can't be 10+ sack players D, its just not gonna happen.
10+ sacks??? Who are you preaching to?
Old 08-30-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
10+ sacks??? Who are you preaching to?
Or be disruptive or dynamic playmakers for that matter. Its a team sport, an each person plays their specific part.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Just listened to Talkin' Cowboys, and they said they even put in Marcus Dixon to stop the run, and he did well. Then against the twos he was real good. That goes to show hatcher and bowen's run stopping ability...

Look were all cowboys fans here and im not trying to start and arguement, we all want to win, but I think spears is undervalued.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Igor is what he is...a two down run stuffer. He's solid at that, but he's not a sexy player at all. You should have knew that before he got here. He's doing the same thing in Dallas that he did in San Diego. I dont love him either, just cause he's nearly non existent in the pass rush, despite being stronger than a moose. haha. But, he certainly does help in the run game. 34 End tends to be an unsexy position. Bowen is the type I want opposite Igor...just so we can actually have a pass rush dynamic on the other side. Hatcher at least bests Spears in this category.

I still think Spears is a solid player...but we can do better. Spears is no scrub, though...despite what a lot of people may think. Even when he leaves, he's still looking at a long career as a starter, I'm sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-31-2010, 02:23 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Just listened to Talkin' Cowboys, and they said they even put in Marcus Dixon to stop the run, and he did well. Then against the twos he was real good. That goes to show hatcher and bowen's run stopping ability...

Look were all cowboys fans here and im not trying to start and arguement, we all want to win, but I think spears is undervalued.
Your opinion is perfectly fine. We agree to disagree. But don't put words in my mouth. No where did I ever try to say that every player in our front 7 needs to be a 10+ sack guy.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:05 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I wasn't putting words in your mouth, I was exaggerating to make a point.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:43 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blogs...tId=b logDest

makes it a bit easier to sleep at night.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he's an above average 2 down run stuffer, yes. He has not been a bust. Especially when you consider what his contract is. And don't forget he was signed to replace Canty and what kind of return has NY gotten on Canty?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that the sweling has gone down from the Houston humiliation last weekend I think a point s/b made.

When Dallas has to go back there in Wk. 3 there will be that advantage for the Texans in their pregame locker room speech, Kubiak is a native Texan & a smart coach who would be foolish not to use it. I can just hear him now:

"We opened up some serious whupass on them 5 wks ago & don't think they don't know it over there (points to visitors locker room)."

The psychological stigma is planted in the team & that's the consequence of the walk through performance the team posted in Reliant Stadium last Saturday. Dallas would love to forget it but no way in hell will the Texans let them.

Consider also that Houston didnt just beat any garden variety NFL team in their 1st franchise regular season game, they beat the Dallas Cowboys who owned pro FB that state forever.

Again, some teams just have other teams' numbers, & I hope I'm wrong here as a Cowboys fan. But anyone who's been paying attn. the past few yrs. has to know that Houston is a red hot up & coming team that has to overcome almost complete annual division dominance in their AFC South by Indy, & Dallas does NOT want to be their steppingstone to elite NFL status.

EDIT: Like most Cowboys fans who go back a ways I was spoiled by the Jimmy Johnson yrs. JJ has a degree in psychology & would never have allowed an opposing HC to have anything like a psychological advantage on his team.

Last edited by LizardState : 09-01-2010 at 11:15 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, it's just preseason. If I remember correctly, Indianapolis was 0-4 in the preseason the year they won the SB.
We showed them nothing, especially on defense and we know that our defense lives and dies with our blitz packages. On the other hand, Houston showed a little too much, imo, especially a couple of fancy plays on offense.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Wade said Lee missed too much time and is out of the nickel packages. Either Brooking will play three downs...or Jason Williams, Gerald Sensabaugh, or soon to be real Cowboy, Danny Mccray will man that nickel role.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-31-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slowly but surely it seems that Jason Williams is getting it. Once he finally gets where he needs to be mentally he'll make one helluva tandem with Sean Lee.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote