Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-31-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Williams does get that role...his play has steadily improved this preseason.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Just listened to Talkin' Cowboys, and they said they even put in Marcus Dixon to stop the run, and he did well. Then against the twos he was real good. That goes to show hatcher and bowen's run stopping ability...

Look were all cowboys fans here and im not trying to start and arguement, we all want to win, but I think spears is undervalued.

Do you have any real evidence that Spears is so good vs the run, or no? Or that he's twice the run stuffer Hatcher or Bowen is?

I've at least showed you one played where Spears got pushed the hell out of the way(which a 3-4 DE is at least supposed to hold the POA), and ran untouched for 80 yards. Your best rebuttle to that was "well that was in the 4th qt at the end of the game" LOL. Plays like that don't happen to a great run blocker, and he wasn't even double teamed until after he was almost pancaked.

If a guy is really stout vs the run that doesn't happen, and again he has been on the field numerous times we have been ran all over.

I also don't think Igor is a bust. Like MOTH said he's basically the same player here as in SD, he holds the point of attack very well, doesn't rush the passer, I thought we all knew that. He doesn't provide the pass rushing ability Canty has but he gives us an upgrade in the running game.

I bet if someone reviewed game film from Igor back to when he was a rookie you would NEVER see him get pushed around like a rag doll the way Spears did on that play, I know people have bad plays but stuff like that doesn't happen with him. He's one of the strongest players in the league and while he may not make a play, he's not going to get pushed out of the hole completely like Spears does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I hope Williams does get that role...his play has steadily improved this preseason.
I really hope he does too, I think he's better suited for that type of role then Lee. Lee is an ideal inside starter, but Williams seems like an upgraded more athletic Kevin Burnett, we need him on the field in passing situations. Albeit not as smart as Lee, there is probably alot more we can do with him out there. Brooking no way in hell needs to be playing 3 downs at his age, that's why we have so much LB depth, to preserve him.

Also I've been thinking about how our starters are gonna play vs Mia, so what happens when they come out and go 3 and out once or twice? Do we let them play 2-3 quarters and risk injuries trying to get some points on the board?

It be nice if Dez can just get tackled a few times though, catch a few routes, then get his ass outta there.

Quote:
Old 08-31-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

The starters aren't playing LL. And I don't care to argue about spears anymore lol, you win.

As for Jason Williams and Sean Lee, I think that is flying under the radar, but if they both pan out.. that will be one helluva tandem for the next decade.

I like our future. Spend some high picks on o-line soon, and were set.

Think about it..

QB- Set.
RB- Set.
WR- Set.
TE- Set.
O-Line- Priority with high picks in the next few drafts.
D-Line- Solid, but can be improved. High pick on a DE?
OLB- Set.
ILB- If Lee and Williams pan out, Set.
Safety- Bleh, luxury pick maybe? Depends on ball.
CB- Draft an eventual Newman replacement, Set.

Not even being a homer, looks pretty good. (Knocks on wood.)
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of starters will play, actually. I hear Romo isnt, though. Freaking Mcgee is starting. ugh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-31-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
The starters aren't playing LL. And I don't care to argue about spears anymore lol, you win.
Actually the starters are gonna be playing, just not sure how long.

Quote:
Old 08-31-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

As for my previous post...dont get me wrong, I'm happy Romo isnt playing. I just dont want to see a full game played by Mcgee.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-31-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

You are both wrong. I few starters who aren't really big names are playing, and the people who need to play because of numbers. The starters are NOT playing. The people who are playing with significance are players like Choice, Marty B, etc. No real starters are playing.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

ugh. You just totally contradicted yourself.

Yes, some of the starters will be playing in the game. Not all, but some...so that does indeed mean, starters will be playing. Wade hasnt said which ones yet, but some will play.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:32 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh dear jesus.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:08 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

No real starters are playing. ****. End of story. Players like Hatcher will play, but thats it. Damn.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything would be preferable to the clusterfuck they posted in Houston.

Looks like they're approaching the game with the object of determining depth at certain spots, not much of a team effort. The last preseaon game = most nonentertaining game for the fans.

And Goodell wants to turn these last 2 preseason games into the 1st 2 regular season games for the 18-game season? Owners love it, players hate it & that's the root of the controversy that will hang over the 2010 season like a stinkbomb. Any way you slice it I believe preseason games 3 & 4 will go away after this yr.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

This game is gonna be used to determing a few thing like is McGee worth keeping, who is the nickel linebacker?, which safeties do we keep if not all, etc. I'm going to be watching Jason Williams closely.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have one prediction this year.

Jason Garrett will fail us.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I have one prediction this year.

Jason Garrett will fail us.
Unfortunetly, I second that.

Also, according to Jerry, Dez is not playing thursday. As long as he is practicing I am fine with it. High ankle sprains linger and I think this is the smart move. Dez is a beast, not roy williams, he doesn't need 5 snaps with Stephen McGee.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And you get a third, sir. Jason Garrett scares me.

WTF with the Houston game? I think Houston is on the way up and a pretty salty team. But we looked horrible. Romo looked terrible!!!!!!

But Roy Williams did dominate a rookie corner. There is the lone brightspot. Roy beat up a kid.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Ok guys, what are some of your things to watch for tonight? I got the Preseason package so its nice to see all the games and watch the backups. My things are:

1. McGee, is he worth sticking around?
2. Jason Williams, does he have a future or is he just a small school guy with triangle numbers?
3. Josh Brent and Siavvi, my bet is we keep both, but Brent has to make this team. Upside is to great, and he's playing well too.
4. Hurd/Ogletree... who wants to be on the team more?
5. AOA- Returns and defense.
6. Young O-line, and Barron. Is costa worthy of being on this team? Let's see how Brewster does in pretty much a whole game again.
7. Heart- This one is kinda cheesy but, I wanna see if some of the "regulars" like a Choice, Marty B, etc. want to be out there or just mail it in. That could go a long way in telling our season.

Should be enjoyable with nothing to do on a thursday night.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:32 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team feels like the one that came off the 13-3 season with WAY TOO MUCH TALK of Super Bowl and being the "Best in the NFC."

We missed the playoffs if folks need a reminder..

I dunno but we went to MN and got waxxxxxxxxxxed so for anyone to think we are that much better than MN, the Super Bowl Champs, Green Bay or up and comers like SF ......

Frankly, I am confident we play well but not so much about Super Bowl. And my concerns go this way

1) Garrett is a fool who still relies too much on throwing the ball. Sparano was the man and whoever thinks Garrett deserves HC status has not been following the regression of this offense since Sparano left.
2) OL does seem creeky and old with the backups just not pushing out the starters.
3) Do our DB play better than last year? Other than Jenkins ........ do we think anyone plays better?
4) How many Romo wounded ducks does he throw into the right flat that get returned for TDs this year? And do they cost us games?
5) Can Felix stay healthy?

Last edited by herniateddisc : 09-02-2010 at 09:39 AM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Yo why don't you become a redskinds fan or something man. Lol all you do is hate, then when something goes good you say something along the lines of "it won't work for long" or some ********.

And your constant hate on Jerry, sure he isn't perfect, but he is a hell of an owner. He has 3 rings, albeit multiple years ago, but it doesn't matter. He may get to involved, but he is a quality owner.

And once Dez blows up, which he will, because Dez tells god if it's gonna be sunny or rain outside today, what are you going to say? THAT WAS JERRY's move in the war room. Not Garrett, and certainly not Wade's happy go lucky donut eating defensive ass who made that call.

So when Dez goes off, what are you going to say? "Oh once is a life Jerruh"

Your like that girl in high school who cries about everything.

And to mods and admins, this is NOT an attack. Just making a case here. thank you.

EDIT: It's like we'll win a game 45-10 and Romo throws 4 TD's and no picks, and you'll talk about the one bad throw he had. Chill out man.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Ok guys, what are some of your things to watch for tonight? I got the Preseason package so its nice to see all the games and watch the backups. My things are:

1. McGee, is he worth sticking around?
2. Jason Williams, does he have a future or is he just a small school guy with triangle numbers?
3. Josh Brent and Siavvi, my bet is we keep both, but Brent has to make this team. Upside is to great, and he's playing well too.
4. Hurd/Ogletree... who wants to be on the team more?
5. AOA- Returns and defense.
6. Young O-line, and Barron. Is costa worthy of being on this team? Let's see how Brewster does in pretty much a whole game again.
7. Heart- This one is kinda cheesy but, I wanna see if some of the "regulars" like a Choice, Marty B, etc. want to be out there or just mail it in. That could go a long way in telling our season.

Should be enjoyable with nothing to do on a thursday night.
Looks like you have just about everything covered.

You could add Church/McCray...McCray seems to be in, if you buy into what the coaches have been saying. Church might not be there yet. But who knows? Maybe a big performance either way, could sway something. They both may make it.

and Mccann/Wall perhaps. Gordon is locked in at 4. Mccann seems next in line, and then there is Wall, who has played well. But we may go no deeper than 4.

Dont expect to have that Jason Williams question answered tonight, though. lol.

I do wonder what happens if Hurd has a big game tonight. Statistically he's been our best receiver in the preseason. He's performing out there. Hasnt dropped any passes and I believe has caught all of his intended targets. A good game, should increase his value...either to us, or someone out there. There is an apparent market for Hurd. That doesnt mean teams wouldnt wait on a cut. I just dont know if we'd cut him, though...so maybe we have some leverage. I still want to keep him...but I do get excited thinking about him having a larger role on another team. I'll be happy either way. I love when players like him, finally get theirs. He deserves a real shot somewhere.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-02-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Looks like you have just about everything covered.

You could add Church/McCray...McCray seems to be in, if you buy into what the coaches have been saying. Church might not be there yet. But who knows? Maybe a big performance either way, could sway something. They both may make it.

and Mccann/Wall perhaps. Gordon is locked in at 4. Mccann seems next in line, and then there is Wall, who has played well. But we may go no deeper than 4.

Dont expect to have that Jason Williams question answered tonight, though. lol.

I do wonder what happens if Hurd has a big game tonight. Statistically he's been our best receiver in the preseason. He's performing out there. Hasnt dropped any passes and I believe has caught all of his intended targets. A good game, should increase his value...either to us, or someone out there. There is an apparent market for Hurd. That doesnt mean teams wouldnt wait on a cut. I just dont know if we'd cut him, though...so maybe we have some leverage. I still want to keep him...but I do get excited thinking about him having a larger role on another team. I'll be happy either way. I love when players like him, finally get theirs. He deserves a real shot somewhere.
Yes you added some things to watch.

As for the Hurd thing. I feel like it's a weigh your options deal. Do you keep him, use a roster spot on him, and have him basically ride the pine besides ST, do you just cut your losses, or do you try to get a back-up and a different position in return, or say a draft pick, 5th rounder maybe?

Now to me, he's worth more than a 5th rounder, and I think he deserves to be on the team. There is no cap, and he's making 1.76 million, I don't think money is THAT big of an issue, especially with Jerry. Now the only way Hurd isn't on this team if I'm calling the shots is if we get a legit player in return. Now who would that be, and from where? A nickel linebacker? O-lineman? A better 4th corner than Cletis Gordon?

Thoughts?

Last edited by xxxxxxxx : 09-02-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

What time does the game come on, Central time? I want to make sure I don't miss it.

Quote:
Old 09-02-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hows Akwasi doing?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
What time does the game come on, Central time? I want to make sure I don't miss it.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
hows Akwasi doing?
We took it slow with him coming off of shoulder surgery, and now that he's healthy he's looked really explosive on the Kickoff team and I think he'll be our primary returner on Kickoffs. He's still got a ways to go as far as Safety is concerned, I think we'll get a better look at that 2nite since he should get quite a few snaps.

I don't know if a good FS falls to us next year in the 1st we pass on him because of AOA, hard to say right now. I think he's got the potential to be a starter, he's very talented especially with the ball in his hands but he's got a steep learning curve and being out for so long he's still behind right now. Being the KR man will give him a chance to make some plays for us as a rookie and that's the most we can hope for, I think he upgrades us there at least.

Quote: