Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 08-31-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha Dmo was my draft crush. Bleh to Kelly. Tired of him. He'll never play a meaningful down in the NFL again.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sad to see edwin not work out. always have a soft spot for my terps, except heyer. he makes me angry.

everyones thoughts on vjax?
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Edwin was perfect for the ZBS and could backup center and guard, guess not. Capers is a nice project but still gets pushed around like hell. As for Vjax I don't know so much baggage. I guess for a mid round pick but not much more when you consider the potential 3 or even 6 game suspension as well as having to give him a new contract and he has the DUI.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive also read that vjax is now willing to play out 2010 on a one year contract as long as it is at least average of the top 10 paid wrs. i would love that. see how he plays and work on a new contract if things are going well. im going under the assumption that santana moss will miss 2-4 games in 2011 and he honestly should be playing as a #2 or slot going forward, even though i think hes going to have a decent year.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol at hall davis getting cut. i hope part of the conditional pick we sent them was that he had to make the team for the pick to count.

personally i dont want v jax. just dont like him that much outside of san diego i dont know why. and then theres the problems and what not.. like one more DUI and hes done for a year or something? yeah no thanks.

and its sad to see edwin and morris go, had a place for both of them. and PLEASE get rid of tryone carter... he might be the worst player ever. amazing appearance bar but ****** ****** player. hate him as safety depth.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking that VJax is just going to cost too much in a trade to get. But what do you guys think of picking up Housh when/if Seattle releases him.

I'm actually a Housh fan myself. He might be old but he is can still be a prototype possession WR. Caught 79 balls last year with a very shaky Seattle offense.

And in 2008 he caught 92 balls with Palmer out that year. I think he would be a lock for 70 catches and 900 yds in this offense. I'd rather have him than Galloway.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather just draft a WR. We're the oldest team in the league we need to add youth to our roster.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

scotts new mock has us getting baldwin wr from pitt, i love it. i want one of those top 4 wrs.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I'm surprised to see Johnson make it over Torrain but no real shocks on the 53 otherwise.

On another note I see the immortal Colt Brennan was cut by the Raiders. What some Skins fans saw in him I'll never know.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

where do you see thee final 53? would like to take a look.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
where do you see thee final 53? would like to take a look.
Hailredskins has a list of the cuts - I just inferred from there.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cuts are up.

Banks made it. Needs to seriously cut back on the fumbling but I'm glad we have a returner finally.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Pissed Roydell made it over Terrence Austin.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:41 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Pissed Roydell made it over Terrence Austin.
That was probably the most puzzling to me. You would have to think TA gets put on the PS however.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
scotts new mock has us getting baldwin wr from pitt, i love it. i want one of those top 4 wrs.
If the 2011 draft is deep in wideouts, take one in round 2.

Looking at our O-Line i'd like another in round 1 next year.
Dont know yet if jammal brown can hold up for a whole season.
Have you seen our current back-ups(heyer still here?) and hicks/dock and rabach dont strike me as Shanny's future plan on the Line.

Green Bay have moved rookie Bulaga to guard,we could do the same and have insurance if the starters go down.
Or draft florida's G/C mike pouncey.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Austin to PS like I thought so at least we didn't lose him. Along with Capers/Cook/Torain.

Should've picked up Housh at 1 yr 885k IMO. Nice pickup from Ozzie as usual.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Our receivers are just horrid. Galloway, Armstrong, Banks, Roydell and probably even Devin Thomas wouldn't even make over half of the rosters in the league.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Have they said what draft pick we got in return for Tryon? I'm sure nothing better than a 6th.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 09-06-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Our receivers are just horrid. Galloway, Armstrong, Banks, Roydell and probably even Devin Thomas wouldn't even make over half of the rosters in the league.
No doubt, bottom 5 WR core in the league. Luckily DMac has worked with crap WR's most of his career.

Vjax trade price probably decreasing as we speak right now. Could probably get him on a discount once the season starts.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:34 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cow...ess-conference

Cowboys post game. Love listening to Wade's despondence -the part where he said he's never seen a touchdown get called back by a penalty was pretty funny too. Romo seemed a bit more aware than Wade.

Last edited by McBain : 09-13-2010 at 03:47 AM.
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:13 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Must be gut wrenching for the cowboys.

Sigh.

Ugly win,but with no offense to speak of, cannot complain,just enjoy!!

Still not impressed with the inside of our o-line and the less said about sellars and the lack of targets at wideout the better.
Not expecting much of an improvement against the texans either.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:14 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyskins View Post
Must be gut wrenching for the cowboys.

Sigh.

Ugly win,but with no offense to speak of, cannot complain,just enjoy!!

Still not impressed with the inside of our o-line and the less said about sellars and the lack of targets at wideout the better.
Not expecting much of an improvement against the texans either.
There were hiccups but i think a lot of those kinks will be worked out with some more repetitions... a lot of roster turnover plus system change on both sides of the ball, takes some time to sync up, y'know.

It may not have been a pretty win but, we took down a team thats been hyped up as one of the premier contenders. Shanahan ran a hardnosed camp and this win against a team with more continuity and more weapons is entirely owed to our coaching staff's preparedness and work ethic. We held last years number 2 offense to 1 td.

I'm really looking forward to part two of this match-up... the Cowboys looked undisciplined out there - I don't think we're going to catch them looking so out of sorts the next time.

Looking at this week we have a Texans team that is remarkably similar to the Cowboys.. the difference is they looked sharp and ready to play in their debut. It's going to require some serious stepping up by our offense - i don't think we will be able to ride our defense to another win. That said, the Texans don't have quite as good a defense specifically I don't think there DBs are very good... So, protect McNabb and hopefully we get the offense off the ground.

Last edited by McBain : 09-13-2010 at 08:25 AM.
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:12 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Congrats to D Hall on the game-changing play and for finally making some decent tackles.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 09-13-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

God our wideouts are horrendous. Galloway, Roydell, and Armstrong not only shoudn't be playing they shouldn't even be on this roster if we weren't so sh*t at WR. C'mon he may be inconsistent and maybe in the Dog house but you can't tell me that Devin Thomas doesn't bring more than those other guys. This offense will be crap all year with these wideouts. Double Santana and Cooley and Mcnabb has to force it into guys who can't get separation and can't catch.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Agreed Strip, Thomas HAS to play. This is nonsense.

Steddy Ambition!