Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-07-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone dies of disentary...

I just used to love hunting in that game...that's all I ever did.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Below the Root

Most obscure yet totally awesome game of my youth.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Commander Keen!
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We did have a PC Game thread. I was looking for it the other day too but couldn't find it.

Hopefully this thread gets more discussion though! I'm a big PC gamer. I still enjoy my consoles, but nothing compares to a keyboard and a mouse for most games. Sadly my PC has some power supply issues so until I get a new power supply I can't do much but play SC2 in low settings, haha. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I'm hoping to get it repaired soon though. Which is great because I will be furiously play Civ V in a couple weeks. I can't tell you how many hours I spent playing games in Civ IV.

If anyone wants to 1v1 or play some 2v2 in SC2 let me know though! I'm actually getting pretty good.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
We did have a PC Game thread. I was looking for it the other day too but couldn't find it.

Hopefully this thread gets more discussion though! I'm a big PC gamer. I still enjoy my consoles, but nothing compares to a keyboard and a mouse for most games. Sadly my PC has some power supply issues so until I get a new power supply I can't do much but play SC2 in low settings, haha. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I'm hoping to get it repaired soon though. Which is great because I will be furiously play Civ V in a couple weeks. I can't tell you how many hours I spent playing games in Civ IV.

If anyone wants to 1v1 or play some 2v2 in SC2 let me know though! I'm actually getting pretty good.
In bold is the main reason I don't play more PC games but to each his own.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? I think for FPS games it's insanely better. So much more precise. Granted I enjoy console shooters too, but given the choice I'll usually play it on the PC. Plus strategy games on the console are pretty much impossible to play.

There are some games where a controller is better though. Like racing games or fighting games. Sports games too.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not really in to FPS outside of maybe a few, I play alot of sports and platform games.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Counter-Strike: Source
Half-Life (any of them)
Fallout series
Elder Scrolls series

that is all I play.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I mostly play Nexus Wars on SC2 (don't have my Bnet # memorized).

I play CS: Source a good bit. I have Global Agenda and TF2 as well. Steam is "Jesot".

Every once in awhile I'll get suckered into WoW, but it's not really my cup of tea as far as MMO's go.

I haven't gotten my beta invite for FFXIV yet, but I've heard it's clunky as sin. Might try it on the console, but will probably pass. The Old Republic is the only other MMO that looks like it might be worth a go.
Its an open beta at this point anyone can apply. I will say its clunky but it has alot of promise. Then again its a beta so im sure a lot of the kinks will be ironed out.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My time is spilt bewteen WOW and SC2 and when Battlenet is down i will go back and play Diablo 2

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a pretty avid PC gamer. Here's my Steam library:

Also have Starcraft II, Mass Effect, Dead Space, and Football Manager 2010 as recent non-steam games.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

This is the PC game I have played the most.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
This is the PC game I have played the most.

City of Heros was not a bad game if u enjoyed that you should try Champions Online reminds me quiet a bit like City of Heros

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm playing tf2 competitively currently after finally retiring from CS after 6 years of playing it competitively. I love TF2. So much faster, less waiting, more action, looks better, etc.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are some games where a controller is better though. Like racing games or fighting games. Sports games too.
The only problem with these games on a PC is they aren't on it. Never understood the console fascination. If you prefer a controller/steering wheel just buy one for the PC. The problem is you can't get the games anymore which is a pity.

As for PC Gaming, pretty much all my gaming time these days goes to CivNet(Prefer it to the newer Civs) and Football Manager 2010. I really wish that SIGames had been more committed to their attack on the American market, they got Hockey and it was looking promising but just never took off.

I don't even like soccer and Football Manager is the game I've played more than anything, it is the closest any sports game has come to perfection by a long way. I would go as far as to say that if Football Manager is a 10 on Sports games the next closest thing I've ever played would struggle to get a 6.

Haven't got the time for SC2 so haven't bought it as I'm very competitive and I'd play it until I was winning most of my games and that's just not healthy when you have to work and the likes.

Hopefully Civ 5 will be good, the only game I'm really excited that is upcoming other than FM 2011.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

There are some racing games, but I'll agree that there are very few fighting games. Most of the sports games have come out on the PC, but they don't do nearly as well as they do on console.

I also can't wait for Battlefield 3. I played Battlefield Bad Company 2 a ton on the PC before my computer started acting up. Great game. I really can't wait until BF3.

A few games I'm excited about:

Civ 5, Crysis 2, Duke Nukem Forever (yes it's coming out for real!), Dragon Age 2, Fallout New Vegas, Portal 2, Homefront, Star Wars: The Old Republic.

There are so many awesome games coming out next year..
Old 09-08-2010, 08:53 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
City of Heros was not a bad game if u enjoyed that you should try Champions Online reminds me quiet a bit like City of Heros
Pretty sure Champions Online is going down because they couldn't get people to switch over from CoH. Same developer. Same mistake Turbine made when they tried to force AC2 down players' throats.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:59 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
The only problem with these games on a PC is they aren't on it. Never understood the console fascination. If you prefer a controller/steering wheel just buy one for the PC. The problem is you can't get the games anymore which is a pity.
The problem is that there are a few wildly popular racing games, but if you don't like them, you're screwed. I haven't tried it, but the dev team that worked on the original Papyrus NASCAR games has the most popular online racing game going now. It's a true sim.

Quote:
As for PC Gaming, pretty much all my gaming time these days goes to CivNet(Prefer it to the newer Civs) and Football Manager 2010. I really wish that SIGames had been more committed to their attack on the American market, they got Hockey and it was looking promising but just never took off.
East Coast Hockey Manager is pretty awesome. Pretty sure the mod community for it is still pretty strong for roster updates and such.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm definitely a PC gamer.

I played WoW for years (since early beta) but I can't stand it or Blizzard anymore. Nothing is new. It's the same old crap rehashed every expansion, so I guess it isn't a surprise that I won't be playing Cata.

I played Aion, got level 50 as a Cleric and quit. I recently sold my account because I couldn't envision myself ever going back.

Also, for those interested in FF14, you get 8-10 hours a WEEK to exp and after that you start gaining 0% exp. None. I definitely won't be touching that. Plus, the beta sucked.

Now, SW:TOR is my ****. (www.swtor.com) I'm super excited about it. I've been following it since Bioware announced it and could not be more pumped for it. I'm building a brand new top of the line machine for it as well. Bioware will make an AMAZING game.

I do play TF2 sometimes (not often lately) and CS:S sometimes but haven't played in a while. I'm more of an MMO player. If there is an MMO out there I've at least tried it. The only non-MMO I'm pumped about atm is Diablo III. Friend and I started a fansite for it (www.d3db.com) and we've been invited to Blizzcon the past three years. It's looking like it's shaping up to be an amazing game.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 09-08-2010 at 10:16 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm definitely a PC gamer.

I played WoW for years (since early beta) but I can't stand it or Blizzard anymore. Nothing is new. It's the same old crap rehashed every expansion, so I guess it isn't a surprise that I won't be playing Cata.

I played Aion, got level 50 as a Cleric and quit. I recently sold my account because I couldn't envision myself ever going back.
Your defiantly right about wow, they need to shake up the formula. And while Cataclysm has them revamping the original areas and lore that I loved when I first started playing which is cool, its still pretty hard for me to get to excited about it. I myself did like wotlk better then tbc.

If I may ask, what was it about Aion that you didnt care for? My biggest gripe is that after the starting areas, all the high details graphics and interesting quest lines seem to peter out at around level 15 or so. But I gotta say, I love the pvpve(as long as the server is stable lol).
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who else has bought games on sale from Steam and still not played them or hardly touched them? I bought Mirror's Edge in like July and haven't played a second of it yet. :-D

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Who else has bought games on sale from Steam and still not played them or hardly touched them? I bought Mirror's Edge in like July and haven't played a second of it yet. :-D
You should! It's a pretty fun game to play. It's not very long but it's unique and some of the sequences in it are amazing.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Your defiantly right about wow, they need to shake up the formula. And while Cataclysm has them revamping the original areas and lore that I loved when I first started playing which is cool, its still pretty hard for me to get to excited about it. I myself did like wotlk better then tbc.

If I may ask, what was it about Aion that you didnt care for? My biggest gripe is that after the starting areas, all the high details graphics and interesting quest lines seem to peter out at around level 15 or so. But I gotta say, I love the pvpve(as long as the server is stable lol).
You can get to 20ish through quests and then it just DROPS (at least it did when I played).. I basically did group grinding from 20 to 50 which is fine, but when I hit 50 there wasn't much to do.. not to mention you need a jesus machine for giant sieges. I crashed multiple times and then I realized it was a known error with my OS that they've had problems with in Asia for over a year and hadn't fixed.. and I'm a raider. I've almost always been a hardcore raider, and outside of pvpve there were no raid instances.

It got dull fast.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You can get to 20ish through quests and then it just DROPS (at least it did when I played).. I basically did group grinding from 20 to 50 which is fine, but when I hit 50 there wasn't much to do.. not to mention you need a jesus machine for giant sieges. I crashed multiple times and then I realized it was a known error with my OS that they've had problems with in Asia for over a year and hadn't fixed.. and I'm a raider. I've almost always been a hardcore raider, and outside of pvpve there were no raid instances.

It got dull fast.

Ah I hear ya. I got more enjoyment out of pvp/arenas vs raid content on wow. Maybe thats why Ive stuck with Aion still be cause I still enjoy the pvp and am not interested as much in raiding.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
aLARGEtopHat
Rookie

aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NERV GET IN HERE I NEED MEZ HEAL BY KEEP 2!

aLARGEtopHat is offline   Reply With Quote