Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest problem I have with the coaches poll is that there are way too many agendas. Conferences make more money by having 2 BCS teams instead of 1. There is more reason for the Vanderbilts, Iowa States, Indianas and Washington States of the world to vote higher for their conferences. Coaches have better things to do than to decide who's better between 24 and 25.
As far as the computers go, it's the only way to really use an objective ranking, so I don't have much of a problem with it.
I also don't like preseason rankings. It gives teams a completely unnecessary inside track based on how they did the year before. This applies to Boise State this year. The biggest example of this was 2004-2005 when USC and Oklahoma held on to #1 and #2 the entire year. Auburn never had a chance that year. Another one was 2006, the only reason Notre Dame got into the BCS was because they were #2 to start the year.
I would prefer an 8 team playoff. The first round can be home field, the semifinals and NC can be on a neutral site.

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 09-08-2010 at 01:44 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote